So whats the downside of living life on easy mode? (No kids/ no small kids)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I dunno who you're talking to but like 80% of what you said has nothing to do with anything I said.

I said your reasoning for having children is based on hope, not reality.

If hope is enough for you :manny: knock yourself out but it doesn't make for a compelling argument.

The issue with a thread like this is you cats get weirdly personal. No one who doesn't want children sits up and thinks about "confidence in their parenting ability". We legit don't care about and/or want children.

Did you ever in life want to pilot a WW2 era B-24 bomber? No? Do you obsess over your lack of confidence in piloting one?

See how silly that sounds?

Lastly, the problem isn't a negative outcome. The problem is you're forcing other people (your children) to deal with a negative outcome (taking care of you, watching you die, etc.)

shyt is crazy to me but, again, :manny: do you.

Fred.
It's not 'reality' either because we are talking about future occurrences yet to happen. Hope is all anyone has when speaking about the future.
OK then so, listing all these possible negative outcomes is indeed disingenuous. As you just said, "We legit don't care about and/or want children." So respectfully, some of the reasons given like a cruel world, possible disease and "forcing other people (your children) to deal with a negative outcome (taking care of you, watching you die, etc.)" Isn't part of your reasoning. You legit don't want kids.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Downsides:

• no one to take care of you if you’re sick (having kids doesn’t guarantee that, but increases odds)
• no one to tell to get you something to drink from the fridge
• no one to tell your old stories to
• no breast milk to enjoy

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Speak for yourself and you weird ass fsmily :hubie: I have two kids, and I would never not invite a family member over cause he don’t have kids.

I have never seen anyone family I ever known exclude a person cause they don’t have kids
a direct family member of course but what about an unrelated person? i stopped seeing my “play uncles” a looooong time ago and my father was in my life. single unrelated females yes but the bachelor friends were not at the graduation parties or thanksgiving dinner be real

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
being childfree or single by circumstance is way different than making GMB/i hate kids/im all about ME your whole personality you know
nikka please. It so many parents/guardians I hear talk shyt about kids and children and ya'll eat it up. You got tiktok and social media clips of people clowning they own kids but single and childfree people are the monsters.

Bernie Mac and Robin Harris use to have entire stand routines talking shyt about kids and nikkas ate that shyt up.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Downsides:

• no one to take care of you if you’re sick (having kids doesn’t guarantee that, but increases odds)
• no one to tell to get you something to drink from the fridge
• no one to tell your old stories to
• no breast milk to enjoy
Try and get that last bullet point from the single ladies without coming off weird. lol

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
nikka please. It so many parents/guardians I hear talk shyt about kids and children and ya'll eat it up. You got tiktok and social media clips of people clowning they own kids but single and childfree people are the monsters.

Bernie Mac and Robin Harris use to have entire stand routines talking shyt about kids and nikkas ate that shyt up.
my brother you getting defensive here. but we talking real life not media made for consumption

&!in real life i do agree yes it’s better not to have kids if you are selfish. but you’re delusional if you think being selfish doesn’t come with its own different set of problems; or if you act like being selfish is a virtue in and of itself

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
i’m just speaking as someone who once was a teenage girl in a big family and seen creepy older dudes hanging on the periphery every once in a while:yeshrug:

men who have made the lifestyle choice to be childless bachelors do not be around after a certain age. i only saw my dad’s best friend extremely rarely, he was not bringing that nikka around like that except on once in a lifetime occasions like my brother’s wedding. now he’s pushing 70 and regretting never settling down, but that’s a different story

ya’ll might want it one way but reality hits all of us as we age
what makes you think everyone wants to live to 70 ?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
my brother you getting defensive here.
nikka you just made a negative claim about single and childless men. Why wouldn't i logical want to defend against a negative statment geared toward single and childless men? So you can paint a narrative and we just have to accept it and don't challenge it FOH my guy.
but we talking real life not media made for consumption
So like I said they conveniently get a pass. And it's not just media it's real life too. Do you know how many times I've been in a grocery store and over heard and parent yelling and screaming at they bad ass kid? Too many to count.