So What Should Obama have done for black people?

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Currently affirmative action includes white women, yeah they are seen as a minority LMAO

Since we are a minority he should of made a more specific affirmative action that only includes black people and that every major corporation has to have a certain percentage of black employees.

Bank loan discrimination against black people should have been looked at as well . Where banks had to meet a certain quota of loaning to black people who went to them.

More easily accessible trade schools and programs for inner city youth who might drop out of school for being young and dumb. So they will have a skill to fall back on.
Those trade programs already exist in community colleges. Lower-income black people can apply for a Pell Grant to cover their tuition and book expenses. Obama increased the PELL GRANT award this year. Unfortunately, there are many black men who are living in proverty are not taking advantage of the benefits of enrolling in a community college. :francis: And we wonder why black men have the highest unemployment rate :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Everyone keeps talking about reparations reparations reparations...

We will NEVER receive reparations from this country I don't even know why some black people feel it's something to legitimately argue for.

Reperations would TRULY force this country to publicly and LEGALLY acknowledge what they've been trying to sweep under the rug for centuries.

That America was built by the sacrifice of black lives.

Think about it for a second

This country doesn't want to acknowledge that police brutality against Black Americans is an actual thing. Despite the fact that an unarmed black person seems to be murdered every 2.5 seconds by a cop.

But you actually think putting time, energy, and resources into gaining some form of COMPENSATION for a period of time that modern day school books are teaching our children that slaves were simply "workers" is going to gain traction?

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Reparations fukk that we built this shyt for free
Like we wouldnt give it RIGHT back to them...:childplease:

1) Talk to us about our problems with open forums. "Campaign rallies" in the hood every couple of months. Call it SOTH...State of The Hood address if you have to....
2) Remove child support madatory locks ups with failure to pay.
3) Offer minority driven grants to clean up the hood as well as establish programs to get officers more involved in making the hood a better place
4) Establish community watch programs across the most plighted areas of the country. Set curfues in the worst areas
5) Create public sector jobs specifically for the youth. Could tie in with step #3.
6) Local schoolboard reform....could be a state thing i guess but hell, DIRECT them to do something!!
7) Advise (in step 1) that people should no longer support predatory lending PERIOD! Do not support rent a center, titlemax, etc. Maybe open up a government loan service that taxes them less. If they fail to pay, it will be taken out of their future income. The more they pay, the more the interest rate can decrease (in increments based on payment)

But no:ld:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
And remember, when black folks want something it's called a 'handout' and everyone is like :whoa: "He isn't the president for black people, he's the president for everyone"

But when gays, women, Native Americans, Hispanic etc all wanted something from Obama (and they got it) no one had a problem with it.
new blacks say "intersectionality" the wave :mjgrin:

Those trade programs already exist in community colleges. Lower-income black people can apply for a Pell Grant to cover their tuition and book expenses. Obama increased the PELL GRANT award this year. Unfortunately, there are many black men who are living in proverty are not taking advantage of the benefits of enrolling in a community college. :francis: And we wonder why black men have the highest unemployment rate :heh:

no lie lol ....community college saved my life after I dropped outta my university and had a kid :russ:

:blessed:@ CC getting my shyt byke on track :ahh:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Bullshyt black men with trades and degrees struggle getting work and stuggle getting loans to create thier own.
This myth that we are lazy and not trying is bullshyt.

AintNoCrampInYaMouthTho

Her: I'm On My Monthly :Wakaokay: Your Mouth Not
Daps
:manny:What he do that was so great? I know folks hate to admit it but he was just as useless as the presidents before him and after .Its troubling that black folks still looking for and latching on to anybody to find that magical savior and ignoring the most obvious answer in front of us.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
He could have gone to Ferguson. But that's symbolic only. Hell, he's symbolic mostly.

It's hard to fault him because we didn't mobilize for reparations. We all know our community deserves it. But you gotta organize and demand that shyt.

It's also hard to fault him because 2008. Dude literally saved america just so we can be dumb c*nts again.

And didn't the last president who tried to do anything for black people get murdered?
Ding ding ding. Exactly

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Currently affirmative action includes white women, yeah they are seen as a minority LMAO

Since we are a minority he should of made a more specific affirmative action that only includes black people and that every major corporation has to have a certain percentage of black employees.

Bank loan discrimination against black people should have been looked at as well . Where banks had to meet a certain quota of loaning to black people who went to them.

More easily accessible trade schools and programs for inner city youth who might drop out of school for being young and dumb. So they will have a skill to fall back on.
Do ya'll know what laws are and what a president can do? :dahell: