So What Should Obama have done for black people?

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Hold up...you're comparing a GMO bill to police reform?? Has there even been a consistent and feasible plan introduced explaining what these reforms should be? Oh and again, tell me how he gets it through Congress.
Black people have been talking about police reform since the fukking 60's. So your telling me Obama didn't even give a fukk that much that he didn't even CONSIDER police reform. But the GMO bill is okay though right? He helped out in Standing Rock didn't he. I didn't hear much about Congress then how come? Must be those negro coincidence huh :martin:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its still walking on ice...hes clearly afraid of offending white people
Its fukked up

but that comes with the territory being a black president in the racially charged America we're in

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
At his position he did what he could. I expect he can do more like Jimmy Carter did once he gets out of office. If you want change get involved in the political process. Run for your local Dem or Rep state or county chair. I mainly criticized him on his Neo-Liberal policies. However, I think he should have invested more to help out Black communities (repair infrastructure). Plus, give grants to Black Americans who want to start their own businesses.
I'm curious i always hear this line he'll have much more of an impact like Jimmy Carter..I wasn't born during that time what exactly did he do after his presidency??

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm curious i always hear this line he'll have much more of an impact like Jimmy Carter..I wasn't born during that time what exactly did he do after his presidency??
Went to Africa and help build homes for the Africans in the poor underdeveloped countries. After his heart-attack he even went back to help.

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
This is the question always asked of those who say Obama did nothing for black people, but I haven't heard an answer yet as to what he could have done that would have been both legal, and able to get through a Congress determined to see him fail.

This is why most of the responses so far in this thread haven't been serious.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could tell early on he wasn't going to get anything passed directed towards the black community. Congress was not allowing him to make those type of moves.

However, you have to put in the effort. Propose bills that improve schools, small business loans, opportunities for ex-cons. Develop programs to help high schoolers and college kids to enter the workforce. Fund businesses that reach out to the less fortunate.

None of that sh*t would have gotten approved, but you have to make the effort.

Overall, I still think he was a good President. I'll take him over W any day of the week.

A Program to push trades would be cool. That's something that could benefit many impoverished communities directly and indirectly.

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
How about not calling protesters in Baltimore and Ferguson thugs?
giphy.gif
The people who were destroying property and stealing were thugs :pachaha:

It's a shame the normal protestors had to get grouped in with them

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
The President can't do much of anything on a legislative level without the support of congress.

He can issue executive orders and make military moves, but he can't pass laws.

Plus its always easier to look back at what a person could have accomplished as opposed to pointing what they actually did

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Call the Police and Politicians out on their racism. Not sign Blue Lives Matter. Stop patronizing us - I don't have a cousin Pookie. Make the DOJ use its teeth. Stop Police Departments from being militarized. Start job initiatives only for young Black people.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Other special interest and constituent groups have an organized agenda and demand things from those in power.

Black people on the other hand have debates as to if they should ask for anything for their unwavering support. :mjlol:
This is why most of the responses so far in this thread haven't been serious.
no :cape: for Obama but Folk will talk endlessly(see BLM) but never have any specific concrete and REALISTIC plans on what they wan't that will get passed through.

which is exactly why I made this thread :mjgirnn: I mean this is a small platform, but Its a start and hopefully it can spread through other social media outlets.