So What Should Obama have done for black people?

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Black people have been talking about police reform since the fukking 60's. So your telling me Obama didn't even give a fukk that much that he didn't even CONSIDER police reform. But the GMO bill is okay though right? He helped out in Standing Rock didn't he. I didn't hear much about Congress then how come? Must be those negro coincidence huh :martin:
Tell me the police reform (which is handled on the state level by the way) SPECIFICALLY you would have liked to see him initiate.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how bout what he should NOT have done....

we aint even gotta bring up how he talked down to black folks every chance he got... and signed blue lives matter laws...

how bout the bill he signed may 20 2016 thats removin the word negro from federal laws????

u know how black folks been labeled negroes till recently...

thats a slick way of removin slavery from americas history, he did that to protect the federal government legally from any kinda reparations lawsuit....

i know yall remember how the united nations was askin america to pay reparations...

couple months later obama signs this bill..

and it passed UNANIMOUSLY wit 380 votes :wow:

u wanna know how obama feels bout black folks, he showed us when he signed that bill this year....

and we still got all these c00ns still defendin him for nothing....
full

Westcoastnative

All Star
Daps
And remember, when black folks want something it's called a 'handout' and everyone is like :whoa: "He isn't the president for black people, he's the president for everyone"

But when gays, women, Native Americans, Hispanic etc all wanted something from Obama (and they got it) no one had a problem with it.

Daps
He could have gone to Ferguson. But that's symbolic only. Hell, he's symbolic mostly.

It's hard to fault him because we didn't mobilize for reparations. We all know our community deserves it. But you gotta organize and demand that shyt.

It's also hard to fault him because 2008. Dude literally saved america just so we can be dumb c*nts again.

And didn't the last president who tried to do anything for black people get murdered?

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Coli mad that Obama didn' talk like Khalid Muhammad and was a dictator like Mugbi. I do you think he should've used his executive order for the AJA(American Job Act) he wanted to do which would've helped African Americans greatly with jobs and loans for businesses and housing. However, congress shot it down every chance they got. If people was to research they would know he did a lot for black people during his time as president.

Last edited:

Ezigbo Nwanyi

From the East
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Home of Dr. Michael Okpara & GeneralAguiyi-Ironsi
For those who feel the president has limited power and black people shouldnt be asking for anything. And only expect residual crumbs, please dont complain about President-elect Trump and when those who elected him demand his promises and he delivers at the expense of others.

Bea__13

Banned
Daps
Reppin
VA
Currently affirmative action includes white women, yeah they are seen as a minority LMAO

Since we are a minority he should of made a more specific affirmative action that only includes black people and that every major corporation has to have a certain percentage of black employees.

Bank loan discrimination against black people should have been looked at as well . Where banks had to meet a certain quota of loaning to black people who went to them.

More easily accessible trade schools and programs for inner city youth who might drop out of school for being young and dumb. So they will have a skill to fall back on.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
For those who feel the president has limited power and black people shouldnt be asking for anything. And only expect residual crumbs, please dont complain about President-elect Trump and when those who elected him demand his promises and he delivers at the expense of others.
I don't think anybody believes we shouldn't be asking for anything. I think the point of this thread, which I agree with, is what is there to ask for that you can get from the president. The best answer I heard so far, imo, was to open a conversation on reparations. That conversation should have been started 200 years ago. Some people want police reform, as do I, but the president doesn't control individual municipalities. So what exactly should you ask from the office of the president that's tangible and applicable to the majority of the 13 million blacks in the country?

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
And remember, when black folks want something it's called a 'handout' and everyone is like :whoa: "He isn't the president for black people, he's the president for everyone"

But when gays, women, Native Americans, Hispanic etc all wanted something from Obama (and they got it) no one had a problem with it.
If you know you're not getting anything for free why do you keep expecting it.