So What Should Obama have done for black people?

Mr.bocario

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Tell me the police reform (which is handled on the state level by the way) SPECIFICALLY you would have liked to see him initiate.

So I guess the civil rights act of 1965 should've been left up to the states :mjgrin:

When ever the state government fails to meet its citizens basic human rights, it is the job of the federal government:mindblown:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
At his position he did what he could. I expect he can do more like Jimmy Carter did once he gets out of office. If you want change get involved in the political process. Run for your local Dem or Rep state or county chair. I mainly criticized him on his Neo-Liberal policies. However, I think he should have invested more to help out Black communities (repair infrastructure). Plus, give grants to Black Americans who want to start their own businesses.

So you admit that Obama was powerless and was a token in terms of what he could do for black people

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
So you admit that Obama was powerless and was a token in terms of what he could do for black people
In a way, all Presidents are tokens in one way or another. However, we have to demand change and not sit around. Change starts at home and your community, then it goes from there. We have to do our part also.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
No. They do not. Not even almost. Just a bunch of ra-ra with no substance. And instead of trying to understand so they can gain perspective, they try to attack you or use all type of deflection techniques to why they're still right. Arguing with dumb nikkas is the same as arguing white white people. fukk facts, I gotta be right.

What could have Obama done specifically for black people

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
In a way, all Presidents are tokens in one way or another. However, we have to demand change and not sit around. Change starts at home and your community, then it goes from there. We have to do our part also.

No disrespect bro, but you just gave me a bunch of bullshyt :heh:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how about not allow police to kill us in cold blood because they hate black people?

If Ob-am-a can stop the pipe line for Native Americans he can fukking stop the police from killing blacks for sport.

If you disagree with me you are a c00n or a cac. So fukk you.
False equivalence - Wikipedia

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
No disrespect bro, but you just gave me a bunch of bullshyt :heh:
No disrespect to you either brotha, but it's only bullshyt when you don't take that into account. Where I was raised out Black community was great. Working and middle class making change in their community. Point is, we have to do our part. Always remember, "It takes a village to raise a child". :smugfavre:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
No disrespect to you either brotha, but it's only bullshyt when you don't take that into account. Where I was raised out Black community was great. Working and middle class making change in their community. Point is, we have to do our part. Always remember, "It takes a village to raise a child". :smugfavre:

But what does any of that have to do with what Obama could or couldn't do for black people

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Obama awarded 1.2 billion dollars to Black Farmers who were denied loans from the agricultural department due to discrimination,

He signed an executive order that expanded funding for HBCUs.

He signed the Crack Cocaine bill( Fair sentencing act)

Passed the Affordable care act.

Created the civil rights division of the Justice Department

https://www.google.com/amp/newsone....nts-for-black-america-wiki/amp/?client=safari

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Like we wouldnt give it RIGHT back to them...:childplease:

1) Talk to us about our problems with open forums. "Campaign rallies" in the hood every couple of months. Call it SOTH...State of The Hood address if you have to....
2) Remove child support madatory locks ups with failure to pay.
3) Offer minority driven grants to clean up the hood as well as establish programs to get officers more involved in making the hood a better place
4) Establish community watch programs across the most plighted areas of the country. Set curfues in the worst areas
5) Create public sector jobs specifically for the youth. Could tie in with step #3.
6) Local schoolboard reform....could be a state thing i guess but hell, DIRECT them to do something!!
7) Advise (in step 1) that people should no longer support predatory lending PERIOD! Do not support rent a center, titlemax, etc. Maybe open up a government loan service that taxes them less. If they fail to pay, it will be taken out of their future income. The more they pay, the more the interest rate can decrease (in increments based on payment)

But no:ld:
IMO this is the most realistic answer, despite the fact that a lot of this would be handled on the local level. The most he could have done would have been to go to Congress to demand funding for it.

The reparations argument is just silly, and will go nowhere, and will probably further divide the country.