So What Should Obama have done for black people?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

"a handful of people taking advantage of the situation, and they should be treated as criminals."
The grouping (if you're a person who is actually involved in protesting) that did a chunk of the looting and destruction were white Leftists as well as other groups that didn't appear to have been a part of the initial protests.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Obama singed the GMO bill with no problem, but police reform is just to much to ask huh?
kobemoresteelface.gif

Policing is handled at the state level. Obama has direct control over the Federal executive branch, not the state one. The 10th Amendment and the concept of state sovereignty in general is a huge barrier to what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Obama singed the GMO bill with no problem, but police reform is just to much to ask huh?
kobemoresteelface.gif
Hold up...you're comparing a GMO bill to police reform?? Has there even been a consistent and feasible plan introduced explaining what these reforms should be? Oh and again, tell me how he gets it through Congress.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I could tell early on he wasn't going to get anything passed directed towards the black community. Congress was not allowing him to make those type of moves.

However, you have to put in the effort. Propose bills that improve schools, small business loans, opportunities for ex-cons. Develop programs to help high schoolers and college kids to enter the workforce. Fund businesses that reach out to the less fortunate.

None of that sh*t would have gotten approved, but you have to make the effort.

Overall, I still think he was a good President. I'll take him over W any day of the week.

Critical Distance

Guardian Angel
Supporter
Daps
Reading through everything he tried to do that was blocked by Congress, as well as what he was able to do, the massive amount of negativity I've seen surrounding his Presidential efforts just seems plain old disingenuous.

You want people to give him an A for effort?

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
"a handful of people taking advantage of the situation, and they should be treated as criminals."
The grouping (if you're a person who is actually involved in protesting) that did a chunk of the looting and destruction were white Leftists as well as other groups that didn't appear to have been a part of the initial protests.
Its funny how liberals take on white supremacist talking points when push comes to shove. A handful means all to them, and its also funny how Obama never mention the tapes were it proves that the police were actually the ones causing the fires. Must be another of those negro coincidence huh :stopitslime:

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
how bout what he should NOT have done....

we aint even gotta bring up how he talked down to black folks every chance he got... and signed blue lives matter laws...

how bout the bill he signed may 20 2016 thats removin the word negro from federal laws????

u know how black folks been labeled negroes till recently...

thats a slick way of removin slavery from americas history, he did that to protect the federal government legally from any kinda reparations lawsuit....

i know yall remember how the united nations was askin america to pay reparations...

couple months later obama signs this bill..

and it passed UNANIMOUSLY wit 380 votes :wow:

u wanna know how obama feels bout black folks, he showed us when he signed that bill this year....

and we still got all these c00ns still defendin him for nothing....

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More Federally funded police training programs is one. Police training is a fukking joke and pretty easy from what I heard.
But since the police are locally and state funded, I'm not sure how this could go through

Enacting/authorization of citizen whistle-blower groups that directly hold police accountable and also act as middlemen in building police and community relations.
But again, since the police are locally and state funded, I'm not sure how this could go through

reparations/compensation for the sons and ddaughters of slavery. We all know that won't happen until American society 'evolves' :snoop:

A bill assisting small black owned businesses and land grants

thats pretty much it tbh.

Reading through everything he tried to do that was blocked by Congress, as well as what he was able to do, the massive amount of negativity I've seen surrounding his Presidential efforts just seems plain old disingenuous.
a lot of people forget this. Congress was being petty throughout his tenure (except the first 2 yrs when the Democrats had control).

Way too many idots in the republican party. The Democrats need to start adopting more radical ideology IMO :manny: they fukked themselves in the foot trying to veer off to the center while the GOP went even more right