So we all agree Metal Gear Solid is the GOAT videogame franchise?

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Kojima dropped the ultimate end to a legendary universe.
Classic after Classic

you could put the games in the series on its own countdown list either way, and it looks like the tracklist to Illmatic

Thank you Kojima for loving your fans:mjcry: :blessed:
would have loved to see where the nfl 2k franchise would have gone and as well as the shenmue saga (pending). But even though ive only watched mgs being played, i have too say that it is an amazing game

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Im beginning to understand why companies like activision shyt on gamers on the regular.

Its because heads think games like fukkING SPLINTER CELL and mass effect are better than ANY of the mgs games.

God damnit what is wrong with some of you.

P.s. There have been some real fukkin shytty final fantasy turds...
Splinter Cell at it's core is all about the gameplay. I just started on the MGS series a few weeks ago, so I'll see if it stacks up with the genius of the Splinter Cell series when I'm done. I've can't really speak on Mass Effect since I've never played series, but one of my tenants has been playing that series damn near non stop for the last 3 years. I'm not into space sh!t. May try that new Star Wars though.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Splinter Cell at it's core is all about the gameplay. I just started on the MGS series a few weeks ago, so I'll see if it stacks up with the genius of the Splinter Cell series when I'm done. I've can't really speak on Mass Effect since I've never played series, but one of my tenants has been playing that series damn near non stop for the last 3 years. I'm not into space sh!t. May try that new Star Wars though.
Fact of the matter is splinter cell is a straight knockoff of metal gear. Not that its bad because i enjoy them but everything from gameplay to production to story is just top notch in an mgs game

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Fact of the matter is splinter cell is a straight knockoff of metal gear. Not that its bad because i enjoy them but everything from gameplay to production to story is just top notch in an mgs game
I'll see if that's true when I'm done with the series. MGS started or kicked off the stealth genre so I can def see that. I'm not too big on Boss battles though in any game. Splinter Cell stays away from that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Mass effect....the game where everyone was promised that their choices would completely change the outcome of the story only to find out that no matter what you did you got the same mediocre ending everyone else did. It was a good game but doesn't belong in the same conversation as Metal Gear. I could see GTA in the same conversation though. Splinter cell is another one that piggy backed on the foundation built by Metal Gear but could never seriously compete. It was fun, just not as good.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I prefer mass effect over metal gear simply because I am more of a space/sci-fi fan as oppose to stealth/espionage type of games. Same can be said in any medium.

But I won't dare say mass effect is better; I will even admit metal gear is even a better series. It's all subjective so y'all shouldn't be so surprise if someone else disagrees.

I think what makes metal gear so special is kojima. Dude could've cashed out a long time ago and taken a executive position or some shyt. It's not that he made 5 metal gear games, but how he always revolutionized and evolved the latter. I put him right under miyamoto as the goats. I really hope he works on a new IP - possibly space sci-fi? :noah:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
As a series Mass Effect doesn't have a single bad game.

ME is incredible and IMO it's a GOAT-level trilogy but I'll take MGS1-3 over ME 1-3. Snake Eater was just fukking incredible and while the suicide mission in ME2 might be one of the best moments in last-gen's gaming history, I don't think it surpasses the feeling I got in every single boss fight in MGS 3 alone. The Reaper was fire too but the methods to beat the numerous bosses you encounter through the MG series is unrivaled IMO.

In the end, if ME 4 ends up being an incredible ass game, I think it can have a legit shot at taking a top franchise placing(IMO, MG, GTA, and Pokemon are top 3) but as of right now, MGS V is solidifying MGS' run is the books. Franchise just has more of those "holy shyt" moments IMO. Psycho Mantis reading your memory card, fighting The Boss, going up against The End or Metal Gear Rex for the 1st time, meeting Iroquois Pliskin, Snake Eater's ending with that fire ass "I GIVE MY LIIIIFE" song playing as monumental story shyt unravels :wow:...those are just a few things that forever stick out to me amongst all the games I've ever played. Mass Effect has some of those moments but they aren't of that caliber yet to me...but you can put damn near any other trilogy up against ME and I'll prolly talk up ME the way I am MGS right now because it IS that excellent of a franchise. 4 was very cutscene/cinematic heavy but I'll be damned if I didn't play that shyt heavy regardless.

Remember that e3 reaction from the announcement of ff7 remake? Yeah mgs is more popular than ff :mjlol:

FF is an excellent franchise with more good than bad games(and houses 2 of gamings greatest villains of all time), however recent FF's been sullying the name kind of heavy. After X I don't think Square knew how to top that or push forward and thus they end up trying to shift the paradigm(don't even ask me how) and end up kind of dropping the ball. Whereas MGS doesn't ever really falter...even with Peace Walker and 4.

You aways gon hear about FF7 cause it was a moment, but how often do you hear about any FF not 7 or X? People didn't fukk with 8 like 7 and 9 is definitely one of the FF's that I sometimes feel is overlooked(but not necessarily underrated) in terms of the best FF's. FF is one of the most popular franchises, but imo MG and GTA are better franchises if we're talking solely the mainline games(FF spinoffs are pretty mediocre at best).

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Been wasting money getting the helicopter to pick me up after missions when I could've pressed start and hit "Return to ACC" :snoop:

I just hop on the horse and leave the mission area.

Wait,

the fukk?

1147-animated_gif-coleman-confused-gary-whatcha_talkin_bout_willis-wtf.gif

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I don't see how it's topping Zelda. Half the Zelda games are legit top 10 contenders, the standard of quality throughout that series is unmatched in any franchise. I only bought a gamecube and wii to play Zelda. I actually bought windwaker when I didn't even have a cube to play it on.

MGS is a contender but 2 and 4 were definitely not 10/10 games

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I need to play mgs 3. I hear it's a lot of people's favorite. Mgs 2 was good, but I fukking hated that raiden character. That's why I stopped fukking with it until now. Raiden is kojima biggest fukkup imo.