So we all agree Metal Gear Solid is the GOAT videogame franchise?

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What I'm saying is u can't properly rank a series if u haven't beat like ANY of the iconic games in it bro. Why wouldn't u just say u won't rate it till then? U can't put any games over it yet seeing as u haven't finished it yet.
I'm not putting anything over Metal Gear Solid. I didn't rate it or place it. I said I would properly place it when I'm done with series. Right NOW GTA, Hitman and Splinter Cell are my Top 3. The rankings for ME are for series I've actually played.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't ride with you on 3 being just as good as the first one. Story and characterization wasn't nearly as good. Mgs3 never absorbed me into it like mgs1 did.
Story was crazy in MGS3. The whole Ocelot, The Boss, EVA twists as well as the boss fights were truly memorable. I was absorbed.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mass Effect 2 is the only great one out of the trilogy. best series ever? :mindblown:

and Fallout? :mjlol:
Mass Effect 1 was good but flawed. ME 2 was the best one and ME3 was just meh as fukk with lots of things cutback or removed from the game that was in part 2.
The only reason i'd say people seem to be invested in the series was because of the buildup of the story which just peaked at the end of ME1 and 2 to an extent. 3 was just straight up :camby:.

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Fact of the matter is splinter cell is a straight knockoff of metal gear. Not that its bad because i enjoy them but everything from gameplay to production to story is just top notch in an mgs game
No it's not. SC is a realistic shooter and mgs is syfi. And SC has better gameplay imo

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
I never thought MGS's gameplay was all that great. But with Ground Zeroes and MGSV, yeah, I think MGS it's a top 3 GOAT contender. The gameplay is those two games is some of the best of all time.:wow:

I used to think Zelda was GOAT but that shyt has been falling off steadily over the past 15 years. :to:

Ronald

Daps
I used to think Zelda was GOAT but that shyt has been falling off steadily over the past 15 years. :to:

formula has gotten stale, last great one was Wind Waker (haven't played the 3DS one), Twilight Princess had its moments tho

they say they have new ideas for the next one so we'll see

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I can't put GTA up here with MGS cuz after I played Sleeping Dogs.... That game shyts on GTA to me.

I feel been on the ME franchise.... That shyt is still my fav franchise of all time.

But this MGS..... Can't front it's dope as fukk and up there. I only played 2, 4, and now 5.

I have 3 (actually that whole MGS remastered packaged that came out sometime back)

But I just couldn't get into 3 even though I hear from EVERYONE it's dope.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can't put GTA up here with MGS cuz after I played Sleeping Dogs.... That game shyts on GTA to me.

I feel been on the ME franchise.... That shyt is still my fav franchise of all time.

But this MGS..... Can't front it's dope as fukk and up there. I only played 2, 4, and now 5.

I have 3 (actually that whole MGS remastered packaged that came out sometime back)

But I just couldn't get into 3 even though I hear from EVERYONE it's dope.
I have the entire MGS main line series and have played all the main games. I never touched Peace Walker though. There aren't too many series that have the weight of Metal Gear but at the same time I hope they don't continue it anymore after this game. When the creator leaves that's as good a time as any to end it. Really It should have ended at 4.