So we all agree Metal Gear Solid is the GOAT videogame franchise?

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I bought the Legacy with 8 games. I started from the beginning with Metal Gear. I'm on the 3rd game Metal Gear Solid...so far:banderas:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
A few weeks ago I bought the Legacy Edition with 8 games. I started from the beginning with Metal Gear(the only MG game I had played). I'm on the 3rd game Metal Gear Solid...so far:banderas:

But I'd have to say...

1. GTA
2. Hitman
3. Splinter Cell

Black Cac

neg me if you love white women
Daps
Lol @ ranking a series that has such gems as Final Fantasy All The Bravest, Final Fantasy XIII and it's 2 sequels as one of the best gaming franchises.
It's better than mgs. Even Mario has bad games :umad:

Black Cac

Daps
Hell, even sonic is better. Nothing in mgs touching s3&k

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Idk, but I can see it being a top 10 franchise. I only played mgs, 2 and now v. I skipped 3 and 4 as I preferred splinter cells gameplay during that time.

The metal gear story was too much of a mindfukk and I just couldn't be bothered. Got phantom pain for free and it's fukking amazing! I just started playing and it's already my goty despite not playing witcher 3.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But Metal Gear Solid has more games. The best MGS games >>>> Mass Effect.
Mass Effect 2 is better than Any Metal Gear game I've played. There isn't much in gaming that matches your first time experiencing the suicide mission when your whole team's life is on the line and the actions you did through the game and on the mission itself determine if they all live or some die.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Im beginning to understand why companies like activision shyt on gamers on the regular.

Its because heads think games like fukkING SPLINTER CELL and mass effect are better than ANY of the mgs games.

God damnit what is wrong with some of you.

P.s. There have been some real fukkin shytty final fantasy turds...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Mass Effect 2 is better than Any Metal Gear game I've played. There isn't much in gaming that matches your first time experiencing the suicide mission when your whole team's life is on the line and the actions you did through the game and on the mission itself determine if they all live or some die.
Son there was shyt being done with Metal Gear Solid that hadn't been done with gaming before it. That shyt was literally groundbreaking for video games and to have lived thru that >>>>>> anything Mass Effect related.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Ns

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
A few weeks ago I bought the Legacy Edition with 8 games. I started from the beginning with Metal Gear(the only MG game I had played). I'm on the 3rd game Metal Gear Solid...so far:banderas:

But I'd have to say...

1. GTA
2. Hitman
3. Splinter Cell
First off we talkin bout Metal Gear Solid. Not Metal Gear and unless u playin the MSX versions of Metal Gear than u ain't playing the real ones anyway. The Nintendo versions aren't real. Second how can u have an opinion on a franchise when ur still playing the first game in the franchise? Third. Hitman over MGS? That's just craziness and in no way realistic.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, just no.
Mass Effect 2 is a good game but it's not as impactful as MGS man. Stop it.
MGS1 was revolutionary at it's time.
Snake is much more iconic than a fukking Shepard.

Man :camby:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
First off we talkin bout Metal Gear Solid. Not Metal Gear and unless u playin the MSX versions of Metal Gear than u ain't playing the real ones anyway. The Nintendo versions aren't real. Second how can u have an opinion on a franchise when ur still playing the first game in the franchise? Third. Hitman over MGS? That's just craziness and in no way realistic.
First off you need to re read what I actually wrote.

Secondly I'm playing through The Metal Gear Solid Legacy, which has 7 main MG games and VR missions. Before this Legacy set I had only played Metal Gear on Nintendo as a kid in 88 and Ground Zeros. So I bought the Legacy edition a few weeks ago to catch up on the series and end it off by playing Metal Gear Solid V when I'm done with the Legacy Set.

Right now I've played the MSX versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2 and I'm currently in the middle of Metal Gear Solid. So far the series has been great. When I'm done with the series I'll rank it accordingly. As for NOW, I rank GTA, Hitman and Splinter Cell as the best since I've played all those games(sans GTA 1& 2 and Hitman 1 on PC) in the series.

Black Cac

Daps
Son alotta Final Fantasy fans low key don't even think FF7 is all that. That game is classic no doubt especially cause it made FF mainstream but chill.
What does that have to do with FF being a better franchise?