So Niccas Ready To Admit Atlanta Run The South?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
You out yo fukkin mind nicca. Great group but your average hip hop fan can't even name a Geto Boys song. On top of that, it's just a lie. Aquemini>>>>>>Rap A Lots history

If it wasnt for heyyyyy yaaaaaaaa

Your average hip hop fan nowdays couldnt name an outkast song :yeshrug:

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta

oh yeah willie D was really killin shyt ... :wtf:

the mind playin tricks boyz aint better musicians OR rappers than kast and barely get mentioned in top groups of the south.. fukk outta here with that

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ain't nobody going to choose no ATL buck or crunk over Memphis.

ATL is cool and all, but ya'll aint' running things more than any other city. In the early to mid 90s, ya'll had that Florida booty music/west coast sound. When Crunk started bubbling in Memphis, ya'll took that.

Memphis is probably the most emulated city in the south musically. New Orleans was the one that really busted through the door commercially with No Limit and then Cash Money. Hot Boy and Ya Heard is NO.

Miami was booming back in teh early 90s with Luke and all that booty music. houston was holding it down with the Geto Boys and they had their shine in the early 2000s. H town is where chunk up the deuce came from. I can go on and on about the different influences from different cities in the south. I don't see what ATL is doing that is beyond any other city really.

Musically, things just go in phases in the southeast (don't really count texas) as far as influences and inovations go. So NO had there run, MIA, Mtown, so on and so forth. The only thing the ATLiens won't admit is the amount of influence the folks from NYC/detroit has had there.

But you can't discount their current influence musically with the swag/trap music, considering how much they bite:obama:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Mind Playin Triccs On Me
Damn It Feel Good To Be A Gangsta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>outkast

And this coming from a nikka from Cali

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Not at all but he took the sound national. Nicca you had Nas jumping on crunk beats n' sh1t, don't act like a sped and say shyt just to act like you don't know what i'm saying. Lil Jon was one of the most sought after producers in the game for a year or two.

And Jada
And Mystical
And Krayzie Bone
And Fat Jones

AND Cali with hysterical hyphy bullshyt..

Everyone was trying to be apart of ATL culture in some form or fasion
:pachaha:

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
All the bad b1tches from New Orleans fled to ATL when Katrina hit. I'm about to smash one now in my Buckhead Condo.

:birdman: u Mad?

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Its pretty much common sense.. if ATL aint running shyt, and if ATL aint the place to be, then why the fukk everybody trying to come here... Yall nikkas know yall wish you could be apart of this black Mecca movement, quit frontin..

Umm maybe it's because yu softies don't protect y'all territory

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Musically, things just go in phases in the southeast (don't really count texas) as far as influences and inovations go. So NO had there run, MIA, Mtown, so on and so forth. The only thing the ATLiens won't admit is the amount of influence the folks from NYC/detroit has had there.

But you can't discount their current influence musically with the swag/trap music, considering how much they bite:obama:

I mean ATL did have it's run, but it ain't running the south. A lot of that Swag music came out of dallas, with them fellas doing the dougie and all of that. Soulja Boy and his little crew helped popularize that swag movement and they from Mississippi. I will give them trap music, outkast, jermaine dupri and a few others though.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean ATL did have it's run, but it ain't running the south. A lot of that Swag music came out of dallas, with them fellas doing the dougie and all of that. Soulja Boy and his little crew helped popularize that swag movement and they from Mississippi. I will give them trap music, outkast, jermaine dupri and a few others though.

Nah, I was referring to the whole Future/travisporter/roscoe dash sound.

fendi_mane

Banned
Daps

Where are those dougie niccas now? So Soulja Boy and Co ain't straight acting like they from Atlanta? Soulja Boy ain't got Simpson Rd. tatted on him like he from there? Texas literally had the shortest run in hip hop history with that lil 6 month explosion in 2005 with Slim Thug and all the rest of those no names.

See Atlanta has alot of 1 hit wonders but we get one every couple of months. That dougie shyt was 3 years ago and it's crickets. It took a NY nicca to half way bring yall sound back.