So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

Dray

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
90% my own head, 10% reality.
Yea, but he went, and it affected his views on the album and life. That's all that matters. The fukking album ain't about Africans or Africa tho so what's your point, the album is directed at black Americans.

Bruv black encompasses ALL OF US, anyone with high melanin counts. My point is that KENDRICK wants to purport his blackness too strong, it comes of as disingenuous. I don't believe it.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
:sas2: look back in 10 years and tell me what is important about this album that 100s of other albums havent already done

Daps
Bruv black encompasses ALL OF US, anyone with high melanin counts. My point is that KENDRICK wants to purport his blackness too strong, it comes of as disingenuous. I don't believe it.

Nobody gives a fukk about what you believe.:yeshrug:

Point is he stepped out of the box and gave us something different, and something specifically for the black community. You think he or interscope didn't know it would affect his sales?

I don't even think you know what you saying at this point :camby:

Daps
:sas2: look back in 10 years and tell me what is important about this album that 100s of other albums havent already done

Name them. Name 100s of Albums that has done this.

Ya'll trolls are delusional. Kendrick makes an album that sounds different than anything else today and now 100s of albums have done this :dahell:

Dray

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
90% my own head, 10% reality.
Nobody gives a fukk about what you believe.:yeshrug:

Point is he stepped out of the box and gave us something different, and something specifically for the black community. You think he or interscope didn't know it would affect his sales?

I don't even think you know what you saying at this point :camby:

What is different about it??? I heard snoop drop this same shyt in the shiznit so wtf u talking about??? It's specifically for the black community? Some people are so easily deceived.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Name them. Name 100s of Albums that has done this.

Ya'll trolls are delusional. Kendrick makes an album that sounds different than anything else today and now 100s of albums have done this :dahell:

all pac albums
all krs one albums
all gangstarr albums
all public enemy albums
all gza shyt
alot of wutang shyt hit deeper
80% of nas albums
murder was the case alone > more impact
eazy e concepts >
mos def has better shyt by far
talib with the blackstar shyt
qtip's shyt is 100x better
tribe called quest in general is alot deeper
outkast definitely
jay isnt known for deep shyt but he has deeper shyt "soon youll understand"
busta rhymes has better storytelling tracks
puff daddy and mase had better flowing albums without trying too hard
redman had better story telling on at least 3 albums with mostly the same topics from a different perspective
fugees 2 albums were way more uplifting
delasoul any album is better conceptually and deeper
etc
little brother's weak shyt

what is your rebuttle "troll"? what makes this album so special to you since I gave multiple answers
is it the instruments that he doesnt play? the anticipation of latching onto what tupac already said 15+ years ago?
is it the crying all over the cd... just to turn it into black power the next song for peak and valley effect?
is it the 40 year old funk thats already on 90% of the albums I listed with G. Clinton?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
He stood up for black people on the album at the sacrifice of sales. Im not a Kendrick Stan either. Most of you don't see a bigger picture...
how old are you nikkas? Ya'll really believe that shyt? Kendrick is trying to play an opposing side of the (current mainstream norm) in an attempt to get people to side with his mediocre music. I dont have a problem with the angle,it's a good hustle. But it's JUST a huslte and i'm not giving extra credit for it. I can accept the fact that he's spitting a watered down weaker version of what cube & pac was spitting 25 years ago. ONLY IF he didnt try to force attach his name to pac's and act like pac is handing him some type of crown. He wants to con his way into the throne instead of earning it and i'm not buying it but i hope he get as rich as he can.

TOP SZNing

A1 From Day1
Daps
He's not a rapper that can hype people up like Waka or Chief Keef
He doesn't have the shock value of a Lil B
He's doesn't have the ability to strike emotion like Lil Boosie
He's too ugly to be a ladies' rapper like Drake
He's too conscious to be a swag rapper like A$AP Rocky
He doesn't have a charismatic tone like a 50 Cent
He's a lyrical rapper who can't paint pictures like a Nas or Eminem (see Renegade)
I think the problem is that Kendrick is a jack of trades and a master of nothing.

:ohhh:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
what is your rebuttle "troll"? what makes this album so special to you since I gave multiple answers
is it the instruments that he doesnt play? the anticipation of latching onto what tupac already said 15+ years ago?
is it the crying all over the cd... just to turn it into black power the next song for peak and valley effect?
is it the 40 year old funk thats already on 90% of the albums I listed with G. Clinton?

It's a good album breh. Quality shyt. I don't want to listen to Tupac or Public Enemy, I want to listen to Kendrick. Y'all act like there's absolutely nothing entertaining about TPAB. Makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. :heh:

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
You rap fans are some fukking weirdos man... five years ago you clowns were complaining about the lack of new, young talented artists in hip-hop and screaming that "Hip-hop is dead!", now five years later you've got rappers like Kendrick, Cole, Drake, K.R.I.T., Wale, Gibbs, and a whole slew recently emerged artists dropping nothing but heat and all you weirdos can do is complain.

Who gives a fukk if the album "came and went"? Do you listen to music for your own personal enjoyment or because you want to fit in with everyone else? Some of you fukks need to smile for once and just enjoy life, not everything has to be about hating the next man. You guys are acting like dude dropped an album as bad as Nastradamus.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
It's a good album breh. Quality shyt. I don't want to listen to Tupac or Public Enemy, I want to listen to Kendrick. Y'all act like there's absolutely nothing entertaining about TPAB. Makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. :heh:
I dont like any of his music,it's meh.