Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
He's not a rapper that can hype people up like Waka or Chief Keef
He doesn't have the shock value of a Lil B
He's doesn't have the ability to strike emotion like Lil Boosie
He's too ugly to be a ladies' rapper like Drake
He's too conscious to be a swag rapper like A$AP Rocky
He doesn't have a charismatic tone like a 50 Cent
He's a lyrical rapper who can't paint pictures like a Nas or Eminem (see Renegade)
I think the problem is that Kendrick is a jack of trades and a master of nothing.

Interesting pov, I agree. I still don't see what's so great about Kendrick.

Kendrick is fukking BORING. It's a goddamn struggle listening to this boring shyt.You gotta be a real vapid-minded, Latte sipping, horn-rimmed glasses hipster cac fakkit to seriously be wow-ed by all of this psuedo-consciousness this dude is rapping about. King Kunta is a good song though.

This shyt goes to the bushes, I'm putting on some Roc Marciano to try and wash this gremlin-voiced shyt outta my ears :scusthov:

:russ:

His music lacks soul.

The afrocentric aspect of his music seems artificial or purely intellectual.

I don't know, but something is missing.

I agree 100%, doesn't really seem organic.

So I finally managed to listen to the whole thing and...well let's say that it was easier than GKMC thanks to the prod but still no smooth ride. Can anyone tell me why he keeps switching voices? I mean I skipped most of the pinched-nose B-Real type tracks, just can't stand it. I mean, WHY?

Never really felt his flow either, I mean when Snoop's come through the difference is just monumental to me. Kendrick sounds like he's rushing words or rhyming some spoken word "flow" for whatever reason, that really doesn't work for me. Don't know what's the point. Album sounds like it's 4 or 5 different dudes rapping lol

Don't really understand where the talk of the "lyricism" is coming from either, I mean he got rhymes but I don't see what's so extraordinary about them.

Not sure he's better than a Vince Staples kind of dude, but he does have better prod. Actually I hope the instrumental version leaks :russ:

This album kind of sounds like Cee-Lo meets G-Funk. I'd rather listen to the original in both cases. All in all, I guess I'll stick to Section 80 :yeshrug:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
It's Kendrick stans that like to compare Kendrick to Pac but the reality is their styles are completely different.

When you listen to Kendrick you don't get any resemblance of Pac outside of the pro black subject matter.

Their flows, lyricism, and most of their subject matter is completely different.

Pac was obsessed with his own mortality pretty much from the onset of his own career. Kendrick doesn't touch upon death like Pac does.

And this is one the reason why I respect Kendrick the most. Even with Stans trying to compare Kendrick to Pac, Kendricks music is still very much Kendricks. No one would ever get the two confused.

Kendrick very much has his own identity musically. Kendrick is being Kendrick, nothing more nothing less. I can only respect that

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Naw,i got my own style. If anybody brings him up,i'm tearing him down. With good reason. I dont care if you or anyone thinks i'm a weirdo. I think all those that oppose are clowns anyway. I'm sure ya'll dont care either.
As far as separating them,kendrick just forced the convo by trying to pretend he had a convo with pac via his album. So i will continue till he's no longer mentioned favorably by anyone on this forum.
If you want peoples thoughts on kendrick consolidated,then force all them trolls to post in one big kendrick thread.

No, specifically your grievance about the 2pac comparisons. Make a thread, and get all your hate out. Spending all day talking shyt about one dude is fakkit shyt, regardless of the reason. Get all your demons out in one place then let that shyt go.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
1. That site leads to nowhere
2. You think that's an official website/bio? :dahell:

http://www.laweekly.com/music/born-...-a-poets-soul-behind-p*ssy-and-patron-2168759

Found it, it's an article someone wrote in 2011. Dude probably had no input on all that shyt outside of the few quotes of his that are actually used in the article.
When I posted that post (summer 2013) the website was still up. So it was very legit.
Came from this thread http://www.thecoli.com/posts/5156004/
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/kendrick-lamar-is-the-kevin-hart-of-hiphop.138907/

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
No, specifically your grievance about the 2pac comparisons. Make a thread, and get all your hate out. Spending all day talking shyt about one dude is fakkit shyt, regardless of the reason. Get all your demons out in one place then let that shyt go.
Naw i'm not satisfied with that. New thread pops up about him,i'm shooting him down everytime.

GhettoNintendo

chill its a secret b
Daps
Reppin
nyc.
I've always said this about Cole and Kendrick - NOTHING about them stands out. They have no stand out qualities. That's the definition of wackness. And those are the kinda cats that kill hip hop - the ones who are in it for a paycheque and offer nothing great to the genre.

Lil B, ASAP Rocky - they have qualities that stand the fukk out. Some things they're wack at, and some things they're brilliant at. And that alone makes them way better rappers than Cole and Kendrick.

It has nothing to do with Nelson Mandela, Wet Dreamz and the hood.
:mjlol:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Musically Cole is trying to emulate Pac more from a technical standpoint than Kendrick ever has

GhettoNintendo

chill its a secret b
Daps
Reppin
nyc.
lol its more critically acclaimed then gkmc. :mjlol:kendrick must've fukked your bytch tf you so mad for :wtf:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Interesting pov, I agree. I still don't see what's so great about Kendrick.

So I finally managed to listen to the whole thing and...well let's say that it was easier than GKMC thanks to the prod but still no smooth ride. Can anyone tell me why he keeps switching voices? I mean I skipped most of the pinched-nose B-Real type tracks, just can't stand it. I mean, WHY?

That post is asinine breh.:mjlol: Kendrick is the best story teller of the new school. That kind of definitive positive statement about him might burn some people's eyes, but it's true. No one in today's hiphop climate tells stories like he does. S 80 is a story. GKMC is a story. TPAB is a metaphor and a story. Kendrick doesn't wish he was goddamn Lil B, he's his own artist.

The voice changes are Kendrick playing different characters. On Intitutionalized he was one of his homies. He was Lucifer on one track. A younger version of himself on Hood Politics. It's just to show the different perspectives on what's happening. And sort of enhances the music for me personally. I can see why it'd annoy someone though. :yeshrug:

Daps
Don't see how a lot of you fakkits can listen to shyt like Drake,Young Thug, Lil Wayne, Lil B, 2 Chains, Rick Ross and manage to shyt on Kendrick. I hope the nikka that made this thread is trolling, because if you aren't I feel sorry for the person you are in real life.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I knew this album was not going to have staying power because the stans in the official thread kept saying how classic the album is but they would only harp on 1 song that was "mortal man". Its amazing how such classic piece of work only has 1 song that to talk about.

Y'all mean he's making pro black music for profit?

There's absolutely nothing that Kendrick has ever said that we needed to hear or didn't already know and theres not 1 thing that album is going to do for black people in america.

:camby:

y'al are so far off it's pitiful. And I'm not even a Kendrick fan like that.

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
He's not a rapper that can hype people up like Waka or Chief Keef
He doesn't have the shock value of a Lil B
He's doesn't have the ability to strike emotion like Lil Boosie
He's too ugly to be a ladies' rapper like Drake
He's too conscious to be a swag rapper like A$AP Rocky
He doesn't have a charismatic tone like a 50 Cent
He's a lyrical rapper who can't paint pictures like a Nas or Eminem (see Renegade)
I think the problem is that Kendrick is a jack of trades and a master of nothing.

I was looking for the point where this post was intellectually dishonest, I found it.

Kendrick uses lyrics to paint vivid pictures all the time. Kiesha's death on S 80? Dying of Thirst on GKMC? That whole damn album took you into the streets of Compton and you're telling me he can't paint pictures? You're blatantly lying in saying so. It's actually amazing so many people agreed with this, Kendrick doesn't wish he was A$AP Rocky or Drake bro. :heh: