So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Breh i'll be completely real with you about that Lupe album. It's a good album...but you know what messed it up to me. He didn't know how to end a damn song. Mural is 8 fukkin minutes long....EIGHT. And even though i like that track... you can't go from an 8min song to a 5min son... then 6min song then a 7min song. 16 tracks [12 w/o the interludes] and 8 are over 5min long :beli: Too much song ... Ironically Delivery is one of my favorite tracks on there and it's the shortest.

But I agree with you...this is an ADD generation... you can give them the same dance with 1 different move added [I swear YEET, WHIP, NaeNae...are all the same] and the same song over a different beat and they'll love it because they don't pay attention to anything but the hook and beat. It's that MSG music...shyt don't keep you full for long. That's why all these artist are burnt out...they have to release a mixtape 3 times a year plus an album or they are forgotten.

Yeah, the Lil Wayne effect done fukked up the game. Rappers touring more than ever and they looking :old: as fukk from lack of rest.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Kendrick is simply not as good as his stans thought he was, nor as good as fans of hip hop hoped he could have been.

Its as simple as that.

You can call it lack of artistry/soul if you want... I just call it a lack of dynamic talent. I'm talking the type of talent that transcends demographic lines.

This is how I know Kendrick was a plant from the get go. A marketing ploy on Interscope's behalf, who was put out there as the anti-Drake.

Props to the dude who made the Kendrick is a plant thread. Even I didn't want it to be true because I was a big K-Dot fan. Thought he had crazy talent. Then within 18 months, K-Dot went from a rising mixtape talent to a nikka named Kendrick Lamar and the savior of the game. :what:

Like seriously... get the fukk outta here with that shyt. I think TPAB is the culmination of Kendrick feeling the burden of the Interscope marketing push. TPAB does not feel like an authentic body of work. Its a forced product and EVERYBODY kbows it.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
The only think I think Kendrick is lackin is IMAGE. Nobody is trying to emulate Kendrick looks and style. Every good rapper mainstream had a image or a certain look that people tried to copy.

Snoop had the laid back style with twisty braids

Biggie had the flossy style and fashion

PAC had the thug style and bandana

Ice Cube got the mad bulldog look

Nas had the Esco style and fashion

DMX was a hyper dog

50cent was a bully

shyt,even Nelly had a bandaid & Iil Jon had a pimp cup

All had something the public tried to copy themselfs from style to looks.

And the list goes on

But what does Kendrick bring to the table besides Lyrics and concepts? He's another Ras Kass,Kurupt, Chino XL or any other HipHopper that rely on skills to move the crowd. He just happens to have bigger connects to gain more listeners than the others. Kendrick is far from a wack rapper but his music is just not shiny and glittery enough for the mainstream to understand and enjoy.

Daps
Reppin
California
I bet you if the KKK were rapping on hot trap beats on how they kill blacks and Hispanics, you would bump it,right? :stopitslime:

I hate when people restrict black music to trap/ratchet music, which is techno in heaver bass and drums. Kendrick offered a damn good followup to GKMC, but people still stubborn and try to downplay his influence.

Don't get mad because his new album is wack , you telling me you can bump this fakkit ass album in public ? GKMC was a classic and Kendrick followed up with this album :scust:

Daps
Reppin
Richmond, Va
So generic hood nikkas are the only people capable of rapping for a paycheque? :what:

you really think kendricks rapping for a paycheck you probably should j8ust stop...when you try to criticize an artist at least try to pretend like you are qualified to do so

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
His glowing reviews in Forbes, Elle, and Time did nothing for his impact in the streets or in the club.

I was actually having a conversation with a music writer yesterday (noisey, rollingstone, pitchfork, ect) and he said the same thing.

Last edited:

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
I know this is a touchy subject because a lot was riding on him but it's time to admit he disappointed.
1 month since it dropped and nobody is still playing or talking about it. It didn't make any impact at all and it won't do anything good for his career either. He should forget about taking another 3 years off.

No singles, no standout songs, no replay value and disappointing sales. GKMC was 10 times bigger.

Its not a bad album but the classic talk was way off. Its alright yall can admit it. Lets just be honest.

Maybe you just have a short span breh.

Maybe you are conditioned and programmed to the point you cannot appreciate music outside of the box breh

Maybe the level of sophistication on this album is too much for you breh

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
The only think I think Kendrick is lackin is IMAGE. Nobody is trying to emulate Kendrick looks and style. Every good rapper mainstream had a image or a certain look that people tried to copy.

Snoop had the laid back style with twisty braids

Biggie had the flossy style and fashion

PAC had the thug style and bandana

Ice Cube got the mad bulldog look

Nas had the Esco style and fashion

DMX was a hyper dog

50cent was a bully

shyt,even Nelly had a bandaid & Iil Jon had a pimp cup

All had something the public tried to copy themselfs from style to looks.

And the list goes on

But what does Kendrick bring to the table besides Lyrics and concepts? He's another Ras Kass,Kurupt, Chino XL or any other HipHopper that rely on skills to move the crowd. He just happens to have bigger connects to gain more listeners than the others. Kendrick is far from a wack rapper but his music is just not shiny and glittery enough for the mainstream to understand and enjoy.
Thats the problem with people like you and haters in this thread. Only females and fakkits care about image.

Kendrick made an album for Compton. He made an album for his people.

I'll be the first to admit there are no standout singles. But it obvious Kendricks purpose was to make a great album first and foremost.

And he did exactly that. Fuk a hit single. Give me a classic album. I'll take that over a couple.of hot singles any day of the week.

Most of you have horrible taste in music anyways. So it doesn't suprise me that TPAB goes over your heads.

You guys have the music ear of a 10 year old

Fuk outta here

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Thats the problem with people like you and haters in this thread. Only females and fakkits care about image.

Kendrick made an album for Compton. He made an album for his people.

I'll be the first to admit there are no standout singles. But it obvious Kendricks purpose was to make a great album first and foremost.

And he did exactly that. Fuk a hit single. Give me a classic album. I'll take that over a couple.of hot singles any day of the week.

Most of you have horrible taste in music anyways. So it doesn't suprise me that TPAB goes over your heads.

You guys have the music ear of a 10 year old

Fuk outta here

QFT. Wowee I was just getting ready to say this. The problem is that we live in an instant mac and cheese era, where music is supposed to be easily categorized and fit into a neat little box. The thing is with TPAB and Tetsuo in Lupe's case is that for the 1st time in a very long time, you have artists that are making music on their terms, whether you think it's too artsy or it doesn't have 'singles'. Quite frankly both of these albums are just that and need to be experienced as such. It has been years since I could sit and listen to an entire album and come away feeling great about the work as a whole. It funny on how artistically this the most West Coast sounding album this side of Snoop Dogg yet cats wanna call the production robotic. Fact of the matter is that this album is a slow burn. It took me a few listens to really get the vibe. I get it Kendrick doesn't have the most electric style or a catchy hook but we got cats saying 'well he's only a very good lyricist and comparing him to Rass Kass like that's a bad thing.