So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I know this is a touchy subject because a lot was riding on him but it's time to admit he disappointed.
1 month since it dropped and nobody is still playing or talking about it. It didn't make any impact at all and it won't do anything good for his career either. He should forget about taking another 3 years off.

No singles, no standout songs, no replay value and disappointing sales. GKMC was 10 times bigger.

Its not a bad album but the classic talk was way off. Its alright yall can admit it. Lets just be honest.

Thank You

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
cmon son. You're smarter than that: you can't recognize satire and superb trolling?

http://www.cypherleague.com/feature...lil-b-and-his-satire-raps-influence-the-game/

Like I said, even if it's not your flavor, Lil B has a gift for clowning. And he's done it for years now. If it was simple dumb shyt, it would have gotten old by 2009. But dude has been going on for years.
Lol on some real shyt, I wasn't aware his music was satire. I only listened to like 1 or 2 of his songs, was like this is terrible, and never listened again.

Huh? Nobody was comparing him to Lloyd Banks or even anything technical. Again, you're going for the strawman easy target.

If you don't know how I feel about Lloyd Banks, here's a thread to give you an idea:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/lloyd-banks-criminology-freestyle-2015.308866/
With that I was just saying Kendrick doesn't go for gimmicks. But fair enough.

Grandiose comments as expected, and Long Live ASAP was trash.

:camby:
Lol really hah? I thought some of the tracks on it were dope, especially the title track itself. Eh man, I guess we got a lot of differences of opinion. But we agree on a lot of shyt too, at least based on that lloyd banks thread. I'm cracking up at how you're so spot on in that shyt and the stans in there are getting all mad lol.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Lol on some real shyt, I wasn't aware his music was satire. I only listened to like 1 or 2 of his songs, was like this is terrible, and never listened again.

All I'll say is this: Basedworld is DEEP. Lil B is so ill. nikkas have no idea, then they finally figure it out.

Trust me, when I first heard Lil B with "Wonton Soup", I thought he was the worst thing to ever happen to hip hop. But I dug deeper and I finally realized what was going on.

I can recommend some tracks to start if you wish. I think I can say I've heard the best shyt he has to offer.

Lol really hah? I thought some of the tracks on it were dope, especially the title track itself.

I was really disappointed with the album. I haven't been excited for a new album like that since... Cuban Linx 2. The letdown was a muhfukka. He went too broad in my opinion.

The real magic of ASAP Rocky is in Live.Love.ASAP.

But we agree on a lot of shyt too, at least based on that lloyd banks thread. I'm cracking up at how you're so spot on in that shyt and the stans in there are getting all mad lol.

:mjlol:

I appreciate it, homie. I had no idea Lloyd Banks fans were that sensitive, and that people even stanned for him. This aint 2004. That wigger G-Unit been over. I've received more negs in the last day over that shyt than my entire time on the Coli, lmao. I touched a nerve for real. I wasn't expecting that at all.

I'm almost 31. Big Mel and others will tell ya: in our time, we didn't have stans. We had favorite rappers, but we had no problems clowning them for weak releases. Hip hop fans now are way too comfortable with mediocrity, and they take critical observations personally.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick is fukking BORING. It's a goddamn struggle listening to this boring shyt.You gotta be a real vapid-minded, Latte sipping, horn-rimmed glasses hipster cac fakkit to seriously be wow-ed by all of this psuedo-consciousness this dude is rapping about. King Kunta is a good song though.

This shyt goes to the bushes, I'm putting on some Roc Marciano to try and wash this gremlin-voiced shyt outta my ears :scusthov:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Kendrick is fukking BORING. It's a goddamn struggle listening to this boring shyt.You gotta be a real vapid-minded, Latte sipping, horn-rimmed glasses hipster cac fakkit to seriously be wow-ed by all of this psuedo-consciousness this dude is rapping about. King Kunta is a good song though.

This shyt goes to the bushes, I'm putting on some Roc Marciano to try and wash this gremlin-voiced shyt outta my ears :scusthov:

:dead:

I feel you. Cats don't realize that dudes like us who are more into that hard rap, Kendrick is torture to get through.

Though I have a known dislike for Roc, I still know dope shyt when I hear it. I got you homie:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I know this is a touchy subject because a lot was riding on him but it's time to admit he disappointed.
1 month since it dropped and nobody is still playing or talking about it. It didn't make any impact at all and it won't do anything good for his career either. He should forget about taking another 3 years off.

No singles, no standout songs, no replay value and disappointing sales. GKMC was 10 times bigger.

Its not a bad album but the classic talk was way off. Its alright yall can admit it. Lets just be honest.

how do y'all know what people are listening to? :what:

This aint the 80's where dudes carry boomboxes on their shoulder. People have their headphones and you have no clue what they play.

And this isn't a ride around and bump album anyway.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

I feel you. Cats don't realize that dudes like us who are more into that hard rap, Kendrick is torture to get through.

Though I have a known dislike for Roc, I still know dope shyt when I hear it. I got you homie:

This shyt is :scusthov: in a good way. Just non-stop bars on bars on bars. I gotta thank the Coli and The Alchemist for introducing me to Roc Marciano. Reloaded is amazing, one of the most complete projects I've ever heard.

You ever hear this? one of my favorite Roc songs.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Haven't thoroughly enjoyed a Kendrick album since Section 80.
His latest one had a couple of tracks I enjoyed, though. He's that type of artist for me.
Won't ever enjoy one of his albums front to back and I'll undoubtedly throw out more tracks than I keep, but the tracks he makes that I do like, I tend to love.
I respect his artistic direction and material, he just doesn't make great music as a whole to me.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Interscope fukked up his album promo majorly.

Deep down for some reason, I think that album release was pre-planned by Kendrick. He wanted to drop it like Beyonce or J-Cole with little announcement, and thought it would sell like crazy from the random album release. But instead it streamed like crazy, and that plan backfired and he fell flat on this face with it

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
This is the new generation where a High percentage of hipnhop amd musicnbased publications are written by white city hipsters :francis:

With that being said its just a really good album but not much longevity. A lot of publications dikk ride Kendrick because he's the "savior" of new school and have the notion that he can do no wrong yet its still funny and cool to shyt on wale so people follow along especially on social media.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Album simply isn't as good as the press said it was. I have no desire to ever play it. I scheduled listening's to just sort of be abreast to this supposed cultural phenomenon. It was coo. certainly some trash shyt on it. "looshy" is just silly. The poems suck. Pac at the end is just absurd. Couple other marginal forced epic moments. not a hit record in sight. these walls is the closest to a radio song but that shyt light as hell.

Joey Badass made a better album. And his stuff doesn't sound at all retread or nostalgic like the blogs have purported and stigmatized him as. Bad Mon is no more offensive than King Kunta or Wesley's Theory in paying homage.