So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Still the best album to drop this year. I probably enjoyed GKMC and Section 80 more off the bat but it's a solid 4.5 album to me. Musicality is next level and album flows really well. I just don't really fukk with the second rack on there and would have preferred the OG "I".

No radio songs on the album which I could care less about although King Kunta is getting a lot of play, I'm hearing it alot.

:mjlol:

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
Listened to it today. The album is a 4/5 to me. The buzz in here is always crazy for a month in a half to 2 months tops when a much anticipated album drops. Depending on the quality and longevity though.I still think this and Lupe's album are the best i've heard this yr so far. Plus we living in the microwavable instant streaming times. A complete different time from cd's where u bumped albums for 6 months straight. The attention span is waaaay shorter than before. Being that everybody got their 2 week fix its time to jump back on the craving something better train. Sad but true.

Breh i'll be completely real with you about that Lupe album. It's a good album...but you know what messed it up to me. He didn't know how to end a damn song. Mural is 8 fukkin minutes long....EIGHT. And even though i like that track... you can't go from an 8min song to a 5min son... then 6min song then a 7min song. 16 tracks [12 w/o the interludes] and 8 are over 5min long :beli: Too much song ... Ironically Delivery is one of my favorite tracks on there and it's the shortest.

But I agree with you...this is an ADD generation... you can give them the same dance with 1 different move added [I swear YEET, WHIP, NaeNae...are all the same] and the same song over a different beat and they'll love it because they don't pay attention to anything but the hook and beat. It's that MSG music...shyt don't keep you full for long. That's why all these artist are burnt out...they have to release a mixtape 3 times a year plus an album or they are forgotten.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Breh i'll be completely real with you about that Lupe album. It's a good album...but you know what messed it up to me. He didn't know how to end a damn song. Mural is 8 fukkin minutes long....EIGHT. And even though i like that track... you can't go from an 8min song to a 5min son... then 6min song then a 7min song. 16 tracks [12 w/o the interludes] and 8 are over 5min long :beli: Too much song ... Ironically Delivery is one of my favorite tracks on there and it's the shortest.

But I agree with you...this is an ADD generation... you can give them the same dance with 1 different move added [I swear YEET, WHIP, NaeNae...are all the same] and the same song over a different beat and they'll love it because they don't pay attention to anything but the hook and beat. It's that MSG music...shyt don't keep you full for long. That's why all these artist are burnt out...they have to release a mixtape 3 times a year plus an album or they are forgotten.
Yea man the tracks are lengthy. I agree with that. But I looked at it as Lupe just getting all his true art out there lol. Dude dropped 2 albums that were mediocre to trash. I feel like he had a lot of shyt to say lmao. But Chopper coulda been condensed to atleast 5mins. Prisoner 1 & 2 are two songs. But I get what your saying. I just like how it's conceptual plus broken down into sections. Puzzled lyrics with thought out catchy hooks. Production is insane. I can go on.

At 31 I realize that our time has past. It's just best to run with what your feeling and embracing with others that have the same taste in music. I'm happy I still buy albums, spotify, ipod touch etc. Shyt the internet introduced me to different genre's and so much access. We're so spoiled breh lol. And thats the gift and the curse. So much access to music so quickly that we can't even process it naturally. In a day it's either classic or trash. No in between no half decents no let me run it thru a few times before I let u know just instant reaction. That's the definition of this current generation.

Daps
cocksucker who started this thread has a point..i still love the album..think its genius the way he put it together..but as far as critical acclaim & sales..shiit dont add up :yeshrug: it is what it is tho..i'm sure he's gonna switch it up next time.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
cocksucker who started this thread has a point..i still love the album..think its genius the way he put it together..but as far as critical acclaim & sales..shiit dont add up :yeshrug: it is what it is tho..i'm sure he's gonna switch it up next time.

My thoughts exactly. The shyt is cool but this shyt is not what stans and critics proclaim it to be. The numbers don't match. But he'll definitely be back for a 3rd & 4th round to show us wassup.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I give a fukk if Lil B and Boosie specialize at being retards lol.

Nice try using 'easy' targets like Lil B and Lil Boosie as though it'll prove your point faster.

Personally, Boosie is wack as fukk to me. So I'm not gonna defend dude.

Lil B specializes in humor. Humor is subjective, though it's safe to say he's already one of the funniest rappers ever. and even if you don't find him funny, which some people don't, you know his humor stands out. Really stands out from rappers past and present.

What does Kendrick specialize in? nothing. What does he do musically that separates him from any other rapper past or present? There are underground rappers that tell stories just as mediocre as he does. There are rappers more 'lyrical' than him. His musical approach is not novel either. When he's not riding Drake's sound for dollars, he's reminiscent of Outkast, and could be compared to a KRIT right now. His funk-style collaborators have executed the same shyt and better on their own previous work.

That's the point: Kendrick is the definition of mediocrity. The only thing special about him is the marketing push that includes grandiose statements (he's the best of the new school, every legendary rapper loves him, he has 3 classics in a row, yada yada yada)

Y'all fans keep dancing around the obvious

Last edited:
Daps
My thoughts exactly. The shyt is cool but this shyt is not what stans and critics proclaim it to be. The numbers don't match. But he'll definitely be back for a 3rd & 4th round to show us wassup.

yeah it's disappointing tbh ..dudes wanna mention stankonia and dark fantasy but them shyts were doing their numbers ..outkast was like 4x plat..and kanye did 1.5 million.

im sure kendrick expected bigger numbers too

i just wanna see dude get rewarded for the work he's done. :mjcry:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Nice try using 'easy' targets like Lil B and Lil Boosie as though it'll prove your point faster.

Personally, Boosie is wack as fukk to me. So I'm not gonna defend dude.

Lil B specializes in humor. Humor is subjective, though it's safe to say he's already one of the funniest rappers ever. and even if you don't find him funny, which some people don't, you know his humor stands out. Really stands out from rappers past and present.

What does Kendrick specialize in? nothing. What does he do musically that separates him from any other rapper past or present? There are underground rappers that tell stories just as mediocre as he does. There are rappers more 'lyrical' than him. His musical approach is not novel either. When he's not riding Drake's sound for dollars, he's reminiscent of Outkast, and could be compared to a KRIT right now. His funk-style collaborators have executed the same shyt and better on their own previous work.

That's the point: Kendrick is the definition of mediocrity. The only thing special about him is the marketing push that includes grandiose statements (he's the best of the new school, every legendary rapper loves him, he has 3 classics in a row, yada yada yada)

Y'all fans keep dancing around the obvious
I mentioned Boosie and Lil B cus you and the other dude did. You straight up said Lil B is a better rapper than Kendrick. And Lil B specializes in humor? As in, "hahaha look how bad the music I put out is?". It all makes sense now. :whew:

Your question of what kendrick specializes in is dumb. Kendrick does everything well, he doesn't "specialize" in anything. This isn't 2004 where nikkas gave a fukk if you could rap triple time on the beat. That shyt is gimmicky now. Hey, did you hear? Lloyd Banks just put out a freestyle! Wow! My 16 year old self would have been impressed.

Kendrick Lamar is for people who want to listen to well made albums. He is not for dudes who are thirsty for random throw away tracks every week. He works on an album for 1-2 years before he puts it out. And his music will be remembered 10 years from now because of it. Can't say the same for the throw away garbage most of today's rappers put out.

Of course you'll disagree with all that so whatever. I mean if you think the storytelling on Good Kid Maad City is mediocre, then nothing Kendrick does will impress you. But eh based on your avatar, we can probably at least agree Long Live A$AP was a dope album. :myman:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
I feel like TPAB would have been better off being called "nikkas In The White House" or something. These same people nitpickin would be callin it a classic if he would have just given the fukkin record a less pretentious name. :patrice:

Critics would have hated, but his shyt would be 3 or 4 times plat by now. Trying to feed these trap junkies a square meal got nikkas breakin they legs hoppin off the bandwagon. :lolbron:

Call the shyt Trap Obama or sumshyt he woulda been DIAMOND same exact music and everything. LOL

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I mentioned Boosie and Lil B cus you and the other dude did. You straight up said Lil B is a better rapper than Kendrick. And Lil B specializes in humor? As in, "hahaha look how bad the music I put out is?". It all makes sense now. :whew:

cmon son. You're smarter than that: you can't recognize satire and superb trolling?

http://www.cypherleague.com/feature...lil-b-and-his-satire-raps-influence-the-game/

Like I said, even if it's not your flavor, Lil B has a gift for clowning. And he's done it for years now. If it was simple dumb shyt, it would have gotten old by 2009. But dude has been going on for years.

Your question of what kendrick specializes in is dumb. Kendrick does everything well, he doesn't "specialize" in anything.

:dahell:

This isn't 2004 where nikkas gave a fukk if you could rap triple time on the beat. That shyt is gimmicky now. Hey, did you hear? Lloyd Banks just put out a freestyle! Wow! My 16 year old self would have been impressed.

Huh? Nobody was comparing him to Lloyd Banks or even anything technical. Again, you're going for the strawman easy target.

If you don't know how I feel about Lloyd Banks, here's a thread to give you an idea:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/lloyd-banks-criminology-freestyle-2015.308866/

Kendrick Lamar is for people who want to listen to well made albums. He is not for dudes who are thirsty for random throw away tracks every week.

More strawmen.

He works on an album for 1-2 years before he puts it out. And his music will be remembered 10 years from now because of it. Can't say the same for the throw away garbage most of today's rappers put out.

Of course you'll disagree with all that so whatever. I mean if you think the storytelling on Good Kid Maad City is mediocre, then nothing Kendrick does will impress you. But eh based on your avatar, we can probably at least agree Long Live A$AP was a dope album. :myman:

Grandiose comments as expected, and Long Live ASAP was trash.

:camby: