So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thinking being bored by well composed music and attempts at social commentary is pretty vapid actually

The music excluding Kendrick Lamar is good. But Kendikk's voice in the music is so corrosive it taints the whole thing. And we giving points out here for attempts?
Just cause the fukking burger king attendant attempts to expound on social injustices, I don't give him a tip pause. This is music. You get points for good music and if you got bars. I don't award points for namedropping some shyt in an attempt to be down :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
The music excluding Kendrick Lamar is good. But Kendikk's voice in the music is so corrosive it taints the whole thing. And we giving points out here for attempts?
Just cause the fukking burger king attendant attempts to expound on social injustices, I don't give him a tip pause. This is music. You get points for good music and if you got bars. I don't award points for namedropping some shyt in an attempt to be down :mjlol:
he did make social commentary and it sounded good too :umad:
he doesn't need your points, he already caked off of points from established critics documented online forever:umad:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If albums like this keep getting looked at as "higher artistry" then soon people make hip hop sounding albums will get looked at as not good enough.

This is a very underrated post. This is my problem with people that elevate mediocre music just because it's "conscious." When people do that, they're being disingenuous. If you really give a fukk about social injustices, elevate something worthy of addressing it, not some average shyt like this.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he did make social commentary and it sounded good too :umad:
he doesn't need your points, he already caked off of points from established critics documented online forever:umad:

Ok so first it's attempt and now he did it? Listen, anyone can make social commentary. Walk in a barbershop and you'll hear more astute social commentary than this gremlin could even imagine.

I never said he needed me either pause. I'm gonna set the odds of you being a cac at -500 and no at +330. White people with high-profile blogs and overly snarky, SAT-buzzword-riddled prose are the people that determine what's good and bad music nowadays.

Kendrick could record him self struggle-fukking his wife and if he chopped, looped and compressed the sounds of his gutteral moans as he nuts, he could get an AOTY nomination.

At this point Kendrick can do no wrong no matter what he does. I just think it's hilarious and it's one of my primary reasons hip-hop as an aggregate is a complete fukking joke to me :mjlol:

Like this shyt is our bar for best in this "culture"? A fukking gremlin-voiced psuedo-intellectual? :russ: jesus christ

Edit: I've also said time and time again Kendrick is a very gifted rapper. His breath control is ridiculous, but his voice is trash and he doesn't have any bars. He's one of those spoken word type fakkits

Divinergy

Anatomy will be the death of me...
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The music excluding Kendrick Lamar is good. But Kendikk's voice in the music is so corrosive it taints the whole thing.

:stopitslime: What are you even saying? Did you you just say this nikkas voice is corrosive. As in detrimental to the music?? I'm really not getting it. I'm really not feeling what you're saying. This man was doing some beautiful story telling from multiple perspectives throughout the album, using voices to not only convey that these are different people with different emotions, but also to show his versatility.

So lemme get this straight, though. His voice was corrosive on "u"? when he was "crying" and all that :stopitslime:"
His voice was corrosive on "For Sale?"? :stopitslime:
His voice was corrosive on "You Ain't Gotta Lie"? when he was telling a story from his mothers perspective in order to get hat "older peer/granny-to-youngin vibe? :stopitslime:

Are you not paying attention to the context? Even musically, it sounds good to my ears. The production and the voice polymerized perfectly my nikka. What are you saying??? That was skillful and I applaud it.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Ok so first it's attempt and now he did it? Listen, anyone can make social commentary. Walk in a barbershop and you'll hear more astute social commentary than this gremlin could even imagine.

I never said he needed me either pause. I'm gonna set the odds of you being a cac at -500 and no at +330. White people with high-profile blogs and overly snarky, SAT-buzzword-riddled prose are the people that determine what's good and bad music nowadays.

Kendrick could record him self struggle-fukking his wife and if he chopped, looped and compressed the sounds of his gutteral moans as he nuts, he could get an AOTY nomination.

At this point Kendrick can do no wrong no matter what he does. I just think it's hilarious and it's one of my primary reasons hip-hop as an aggregate is a complete fukking joke to me :mjlol:

Like this shyt is our bar for best in this "culture"? A fukking gremlin-voiced psuedo-intellectual? :russ: jesus christ

Edit: I've also said time and time again Kendrick is a very gifted rapper. His breath control is ridiculous, but his voice is trash and he doesn't have any bars. He's one of those spoken word type fakkits
I said attempt to because Kendrick Lamar isn't the only artist that does socially conscious bars, keep being petty tho :umad:
look at all the adjectives in your post, and you're saying the blogs are snarky? Every contrarian on the internet is ready to throw dirt on Kendrick and his album because of his popularity, y'all can't even help yourselves :palm:
can't even just not like it, y'all gotta puff your chests out and stand up on the mountaintops and tell the world how much you hate Kendrick, his album, rap fans, rap blogs and everything else related to TPAB
:mjlol:@ me being a cac
keep being a bitter old man because people en masse are standing behind an artist you don't like :jawalrus:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never really seen dudes try so hard to try to discredit a Black man trying to do his thing and going it right, too.

We've never seen so much forced dikkriding in hip hop either. Goes both ways. Anytime you inject hyperbole into music it gets people's attention. Don't want the hate? Stop acting like it was the greatest album of the 2000s

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Word. I'm really not understanding the claims people are making against Kendrick. The album was dope as hell. I mean, besides how critically acclaimed IT ACTUALLY IS (Go look up the stats) it's obviously a good album. Maybe they are missing the point. People trying to compare Big Sean album to Kendrick, when Sean album was half way decent. TPAB was amazing, and I really don't see how it's obvious. Please try and tell me to my face that TPAB is trash :mjlol:

But right, when y'all turn around a big up Lil B, I know just how serious to take you. :whoo: And that's a fact. :ufdup:
Same dudes shytting on kendrick are drake,big sean,lil b and asap rocky fans :mjlol:

They need to just take a seat.

What all these drake stans should be focusing on is the fact is drakes last 3 albums have now sold less and less with each release and nobody is talking about them AT ALL. And the fact J.cole has sold more than drakes album :ohhh:

Divinergy

Anatomy will be the death of me...
Daps
Reppin
Houston
We've never seen so much forced dikkriding in hip hop either. Goes both ways. Anytime you inject hyperbole into music it gets people's attention. Don't want the hate? Stop acting like it was the greatest album of the 2000s

Name every album of the 2000's that you think is better. I'm not being sarcastic. :whoo:
I'm genuinely interested in your opinion on this. I will listen to them. I really wanna know what you consider superior to this album. :feedme:

riddlerap

G-Unit 4 Life
Daps
So generic hood nikkas are the only people capable of rapping for a paycheque? :what:

only came in here to point out that this guy isnt even from the US, AND stans ASAP Rocky.. thats two strikes too many.

"paycheque" :russ:

now i know not to read any more of his posts.