So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Kendrick is fukking BORING. It's a goddamn struggle listening to this boring shyt.You gotta be a real vapid-minded, Latte sipping, horn-rimmed glasses hipster cac fakkit to seriously be wow-ed by all of this psuedo-consciousness this dude is rapping about.
I thinking being bored by well composed music and attempts at social commentary is pretty vapid actually

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I love this whole "impact" narrative....

Please name the Album that has dropped in the last 5 years that made an impact? And what album that has ever dropped that made an impact on the rap game within 3 months after it being released?

With TPAB, I just appreciated the production being unique and every song having a narrative and a purpose. It sounds completely different than GKMC but yet It's just as good (in my opinion)

I can respect the people who don't like it or don't think it's great. But I hope those people can at least respect the fact it's not a typical cliche rap album with the same themes, production, and content...

CanaryWarf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Da endz init
I like the album. Completely different from GKMC, it''s alot more personal.

I get why it's dissapointing for some people. This album wasn't for you.

"No singles, no standout songs, no replay value and disappointing sales. GKMC was 10 times bigger."

Do you listen to albums for the radio singles?

No replay value for who? You?

Did Kendricks sales disappoint you?

:beli:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love this whole "impact" narrative....

Please name the Album that has dropped in the last 5 years that made an impact? And what album that has ever dropped that made an impact on the rap game within 3 months after it being released?

With TPAB, I just appreciated the production being unique and every song having a narrative and a purpose. It sounds completely different than GKMC but yet It's just as good (in my opinion)

I can respect the people who don't like it or don't think it's great. But I hope those people can at least respect the fact it's not a typical cliche rap album with the same themes, production, and content...
Production wasn't unique though :mindblown:

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
:usure: Didn't Cole just go Platinum doing the same thing?

Cole's album was released in December last year, so naturally it had more time to go platinum. Your argument would work if they were both released within the same time period. If Kendrick's album ain't platinum in two months then you'd have a point. Guess we'll wait and see.

SuburbanPimp

Daps
Reppin
Production wasn't unique though :mindblown:

If it's not unique then whose album or sound does it sound similar to?

I'm not saying there has never been live instruments, jazz, funk, infused in a rap album. I'm just saying that is becoming more rare these days

Especially compared to the normal DJ Mustard or Mike Will beats that we normally hear on most albums it just felt different..

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If it's not unique then whose album or sound does it sound similar to?

I'm not saying there has never been live instruments, jazz, funk, infused in a rap album. I'm just saying that is becoming more rare these days

Especially compared to the normal DJ Mustard or Mike Will beats that we normally hear on most albums it just felt different..
For older albums, the production reminded me of something from Common's catalog. Specifically LWFC, a lil bit of EC, but not too much. That album was way out there.

For newer albums, the only guy that comes to mind is Krit. He's always had that soulful/jazz sound going on with his music for years now.

:manny:

SuburbanPimp

Daps
Reppin
For older albums, the production reminded me of something from Common's catalog. Specifically LWFC, a lil bit of EC, but not too much. That album was way out there.

For newer albums, the only guy that comes to mind is Krit. He's always had that soulful/jazz sound going on with his music for years now.

I was gonna mention that Krit's production is the only thing currently that has similar feeling....

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's been my whole beef with these stans. Oooh Kendrick is so black power....Cyhi did a whole album of it. Ooooh jazz and funk....Krit been doing it. My beef is guys putting out shyt before Kendrick tried it (and did it better than Kendrick) and not getting credit. But fakkit come in here talking about Krit career died yet Kendrick biting his sound. THE fukk? Booth ain't bout shyt.

Big K.R.I.T. - Good 2getha (Feat. Ashton Jones):

nikkas thought that corny (i) was unique though with that forced ass hook.:scust:. Y'all go ahead and hype up Kendrick but don't start talking like he's doing some innovative shyt. Ima ride for the true king every time like Napoleon rides for Drake :pacspit:

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The most memorable thing about the album to me is some wierdo on IG dancing with a yam.

Divinergy

Anatomy will be the death of me...
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Goddamn the kendrick haters are salty as fukk :mjlol: Making threads that dont even make sense

Album is more critically reverred then his first and has sold more at this point than gkmc did at the same point.

But I guess when youre a corny fakkit you have to grasp at straws and create narratives when there is none.

Kendrick making these fakkits mad dropping back to back classic:umad:

Word. I'm really not understanding the claims people are making against Kendrick. The album was dope as hell. I mean, besides how critically acclaimed IT ACTUALLY IS (Go look up the stats) it's obviously a good album. Maybe they are missing the point. People trying to compare Big Sean album to Kendrick, when Sean album was half way decent. TPAB was amazing, and I really don't see how it's obvious. Please try and tell me to my face that TPAB is trash :mjlol:

But right, when y'all turn around a big up Lil B, I know just how serious to take you. :whoo: And that's a fact. :ufdup: