So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
:heh: so what are you some hiphop crusader saving us from the evils of hyperbole and bringing balance to discussions?

:pachaha:

Last I heard, dude ain't even heard the album b. Imagine talking shyt all day every day for a month about something you haven't even heard. He's just a troll, neg him, laugh in his face, and keep it pushing.

B. Pumpaveli

All Star
Daps
Hip Hop fans are the fukking worst dikkriders. Talking like he was the first nikka rapping over funk/jazz. Disrespectful fukk nikkas. Its all about hype in 2015. Big Krit is still the pinnacle of the new school. Once he gets a (hit) watch how suspect the booth starts actin.Hype ass little girls

Where do these wack ass opinions come from b :laff::laff:

Big Krit career been dead for two plus years :dead:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
the problem is that you have intelligent educated brothas (j cole, kendrick) doing great numbers appealing to wider audiences than their favorite trap/strip rappers

and nikkas don't like it.

unfortunately you have a lot of nikkas who's brains can't compute any type of music that ain't Ross, young thug, or migos, the words are just confusing to their intellects

and i'm not just talking hip hop, their brains literally can't register or make out any type of jazz, blues, rock, country, nothing musically outside of trap

so what they do is lash out...they get mad and pray for kendrick and j cole's downfall because they're ignorant as fukk :yeshrug::manny:

The problem is you nikkas thinking that Cole and Kendrick are doing something that takes a high capacity of intellect to understand or feel.

There is nothing intelligent on either album nor is there anything that they are educating people about.

People may like Migos, Ross, Young thug and migos better because they are more unique creative artist and that is what hiphop is about.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is you nikkas thinking that Cole and Kendrick are doing something that takes a high capacity of intellect to understand or feel.

There is nothing intelligent on either album nor is there anything that they are educating people about.

People may like Migos, Ross, Young thug and migos better because they are more unique creative artist and that is what hiphop is about.
Kendrick biggest hit had a trap beat (reason why he's so critically acclaimed). Funny how nikkas talking slick about trap though. Now once he got his fame he dropped an album with real instruments (been done before). Again, y'all treat hip hop like 12 year old white bytches. No worse than white people who love Eminem.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
His music ain't satire

Really? There are zero satirical elements? :comeon:

He didn't have any grand scheme to satirize rap, he started acting weird for attention.

Dude says he was the class clown in high school pulling fire alarms. Given his trolling talent, I believe him.

If people vibe with this music :manny: but there ain't some deeper meaning to it.

Yes and no. I don't think Lil B is particularly deep in an intellectual sense, but I do think he's extraordinarily honest and self-aware in a time when everyone's the direct opposite of that. Even the dumbest honest people will say snippets of real shyt from time to time.

SirBiatch

Daps
:pachaha:

Last I heard, dude ain't even heard the album b.

You're absolutely right. I still haven't heard it. Just like Big Sean's album, and Action Bronson, and all these pathetic overhyped wack ass nikkas. The people on Coli that I trust, who actually don't mind Kendrick, have heard your savior's album and tell me it's trash. What I've heard so far has been trash. Why would I waste my time? After all, this is a classic. I'll just come back in 2020 to relive Duckworth's genius LOL

Silly youngins acting like you gotta hear everything. You don't even apply the same logic. You probably think Chief Keef and Lil B are trash and you haven't heard more than 3 songs of theirs.

Kendrick's mediocre-ass discography speaks for itself. It's too bad that you wanna live in a bubble where no one voices complaints about Kendrick.

Kendrick biggest hit had a trap beat (reason why he's so critically acclaimed). Funny how nikkas talking slick about trap though. Now once he got his fame he dropped an album with real instruments (been done before). Again, y'all treat hip hop like 12 year old white bytches. No worse than white people who love Eminem.

word. This to me is the pretentiousness of it all. They'll talk slick about trap and Drake, but the reality is that Kendrick's biggest songs come from trap and Drake. LMAO.

You bring it up, and they say some bullshyt about "in the context of the album..." Nah my youngin, you just wanna turn up but you're too awkward to fit in with Drake and all the 'cool' people. So you hate from the outside but deep down, you're just as simple as they are and want to assert your superiority.

Y'all are not deep. That's why Kendrick's insight is vague yet his music is abrasive. He does obvious vocal inflections to let you know "hey, I'm about to switch character now. I'm gonna get deep on y'all. Here comes the Mandela" and you huzzah like lil children.

We see right through y'all.

Xbox One X

the kufi smacker
Daps
Reppin
Colifarnia
I know this is a touchy subject because a lot was riding on him but it's time to admit he disappointed.
1 month since it dropped and nobody is still playing or talking about it. It didn't make any impact at all and it won't do anything good for his career either. He should forget about taking another 3 years off.

No singles, no standout songs, no replay value and disappointing sales. GKMC was 10 times bigger.

Its not a bad album but the classic talk was way off. Its alright yall can admit it. Lets just be honest.
#LesbianHonest

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
You're absolutely right. I still haven't heard it. Just like Big Sean's album, and Action Bronson, and all these pathetic overhyped wack ass nikkas. The people on Coli that I trust, who actually don't mind Kendrick, have heard your savior's album and tell me it's trash. What I've heard so far has been trash. Why would I waste my time? After all, this is a classic. I'll just come back in 2020 to relive Duckworth's genius LOL

Silly youngins acting like you gotta hear everything. You don't even apply the same logic. You probably think Chief Keef and Lil B are trash and you haven't heard more than 3 songs of theirs.

Kendrick's mediocre-ass discography speaks for itself. It's too bad that you wanna live in a bubble where no one voices complaints about Kendrick.

word. This to me is the pretentiousness of it all. They'll talk slick about trap and Drake, but the reality is that Kendrick's biggest songs come from trap and Drake. LMAO.

You bring it up, and they say some bullshyt about "in the context of the album..." Nah my youngin, you just wanna turn up but you're too awkward to fit in with Drake and all the 'cool' people. So you hate from the outside but deep down, you're just as simple as they are and wanna fit in.

Y'all are not deep. That's why Kendrick's insight is vague yet his music is abrasive. He does obvious vocal inflections to let you know "hey, I'm about to switch character now. I'm gonna get deep on y'all. Here comes the Mandela" and you huzzah like lil children.

We see right through y'all.

You get so deep into your own fantasies it's amusing. Projection into projection until you stop making sense. You're in this imaginary war against hyperbole, against Kendrick, against whatever and whoever, you look like a fool. You do things only trolls do, so I call you a troll. Are you offended by that? Your pretentious, obnoxious opinions being reduced to nothing but attempts to frustrate other, more rational people? Because that's what you are, it's what you do.

I like Kendrick music. A lot of people like Kendrick music. No amount of online bytching will change that. :umad:

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

If people really liked them, why don't they buy their retail shyt? Even Drake can have fans that go out there and cop retail albums from him, but why not them? :mjpls:

The streets tend to be stubborn on change. When Trap music came out, it was a southern thing. Mad east coast street rappers, at most, only collaborated with southern trap artist as random guest appearances. It was a regional thing, and the streets outside of the south resisted trap music for years after Jeezy and TI blew up. Even in 2007, you still had D-Block, Dipset and G-Unit with that boom bap sound hailing that they will never succumb to making trap beats on their albums. Wasn't until Kanye dropped 808s and Heartbreaks, when you see all non-southern artists messing with trap/ techno beats. Then the streets gradually morphed its sound to trap music, but they were mad late on the trend.

Same thing happening now. People will downplay Kendrick and Cole and continue to play trap music until its wheels fall off. Some people here think that trap music will be here till 2200 AD :heh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Really? There are zero satirical elements? :comeon:

Dude says he was the class clown in high school pulling fire alarms. Given his trolling talent, I believe him.

Yes and no. I don't think Lil B is particularly deep in an intellectual sense, but I do think he's extraordinarily honest and self-aware in a time when everyone's the direct opposite of that. Even the dumbest honest people will say snippets of real shyt from time to time.

Rap is a joke =/= someone not taking it seriously is satire. Too Short first met him he was a drug dealer thug type dude. He was in jail for selling crack. This image he's selling ain't actually him.

He rapped normal then made a conscious effort to put zero thought into his music. That's where all that based god shyt came from. College kids hopped on board talking about :ohhh:"oh, he's satirizing rap!" and the rest is history. The dude that wrote that article you posted up is a prime example of over thinking his music. Lil B started running with it because the alternative is "my music is just nonsense".

Occasionally he'll put out something that he actually wrote, and put effort into, and the difference is obvious. But the bulk of his Lil B based god work is nonsense....he freestyles most of it in one take. It's not meant for college kids to comb for a deeper meaning.

Fred.

SirBiatch

Daps
You get so deep into your own fantasies it's amusing. Projection into projection until you stop making sense. You're in this imaginary war against hyperbole, against Kendrick, against whatever and whoever, you look like a fool. You do things only trolls do, so I call you a troll. Are you offended by that? Your pretentious, obnoxious opinions being reduced to nothing but attempts to frustrate other, more rational people? Because that's what you are, it's what you do.

I like Kendrick music. A lot of people like Kendrick music. No amount of online bytching will change that. :umad:

Don't cry. Daddy's not gonna take his toys away from you.

But real talk - why are you even here? If you think this thread is silly, for Kendrick haters, and it doesn't affect you in any way, the fukk you doin here?

The hilarious thing is that you keep track of my opinions and follow me into places I post. You remember the shyt I say. I don't remember a fukking thing you post.

Something tells me you're insecure.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Matter of fact @SirBiatch, research the dude whose article you linked up. He's a clown. He wrote an article on the brilliance of Riff Raff for fukks sake. He wrote an article on his "10 Favorite Ignorant Trap Songs". He wrote an article on how Iggy Azealia twerking helps feminism. No joke. Dude is absolutely the worst person to quote if you're trying to make a point.

Fred.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's not a rapper that can hype people up like Waka or Chief Keef
He doesn't have the shock value of a Lil B
He's doesn't have the ability to strike emotion like Lil Boosie
He's too ugly to be a ladies' rapper like Drake
He's too conscious to be a swag rapper like A$AP Rocky
He doesn't have a charismatic tone like a 50 Cent
He's a lyrical rapper who can't paint pictures like a Nas or Eminem (see Renegade)
I think the problem is that Kendrick is a jack of trades and a master of nothing.
:mjlol:

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Don't cry. Daddy's not gonna take his toys away from you.

But real talk - why are you even here? If you think this thread is silly, for Kendrick haters, and it doesn't affect you in any way, the fukk you doin here?

The hilarious thing is that you keep track of my opinions and follow me into places I post. You remember the shyt I say. I don't remember a fukking thing you post.

Something tells me you're insecure.

Of course I'm insecure. I'm every single thing you've projected I am in your mind. If one of my arguments led you to believe I was a giant purple dinosaur, you'd probably have no problem believing I was that too. :heh: I don't remember you or follow you. You're everywhere, every thread in the Booth carries your stench. We disagree on seemingly everything and it's impossible discussing things with you so I had you on ignore for weeks. So much for following you around though right? Dumbass. I've told you the deal, keep trolling where I see you and I'll keep shytting on you. Don't get offended, just keep it moving. :umad: