So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just played through it again top to bottom about two days ago, album hasn't left my rotation yet.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Kendrick's album "came and went" then what the fukk would you call 99% of the other albums that come out every year? Who besides Aubrey and Eminem is doing bigger numbers?

Some of y'all are so weird :pachaha:
The album that "came and went" has the third largest thread ever on The Booth, after a little more than a month and has numerous off shoot threads with people talking about no one is talking about the album.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
The album that "came and went" has the third largest thread ever on The Booth, after a little more than a month and has numerous off shoot threads with people talking about no one is talking about the album.

With no one actually discussing the album in any kind of positive light. LOL

are you new nikkas so desperate for attention that you'll take negative feedback as a sign of 'shining?'

Kimo_bud

Banned
Daps
Reppin
LWO
its been the best album of 2015 so far

people just dont listen to music as much as they used to

Jen The Prude

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Daps
Reppin
OVO/France
You really think I would do a check on someone like you? :damedash:

You clearly care enough about me to tag me and make some public incorrect assumptions.

And it's quite odd since our paths have never crossed. #obsessed I hope your ass gets fired soon.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With no one actually discussing the album in any kind of positive light. LOL

are you new nikkas so desperate for attention that you'll take negative feedback as a sign of 'shining?'
But people are discussing the album in a positive light, just like people like yourself are constantly trying to shyt on it.

You and these stans are really two sides of the same coin and it's hilarious that you don't see it

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
2015's been a great year so far, but currently Kendrick and Lupe are the albums that are in heavy rotation.

Pretty surprised by the backlash here actually.

Stems from people's need to be counter culture. Hiphop nerds see an album getting glowing reviews and decide to be different and shyt on it.

If To Pimp a Butterfly was getting panned it'd be the Coli's favorite album. "Of course Pitchfork doesn't like TPAB, #inherently :mjpls:" It's a shame, hopefully in time people will see past the hype and just enjoy the music.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
You and these stans are really two sides of the same coin and it's hilarious that you don't see it

nah not really. Nice try though.

Kendrick's team and stans ACTIVELY go out of their way to declare him GOAT contender, classic status, etc. The 'hate' that comes their way is reactionary, and then they wanna act possum. fukk all that. Most of the time, we're just disgusted at the hyperbole more than anything. I personally don't care if you like Kendrick or enjoy the hell out of him. I think Cyhi Da Prince is mediocre but you don't see me actively making threads dissing dude. His fans nor team aren't claiming anything stupid nor trying to cram him down anyone's throats.

I'm not gonna let you or some cac rewrite hip hop history as though Kendrick's the best thing or close to the best thing that ever happened. It's fukking disrespectful, and it shyts on the contributions of thousands of rappers who have made far more quality work that props up this hip hop culture to begin with. You can't be an objective hip hop fan if you don't see that. Hyperbole is one of the things that destroyed this genre and it needs to be checked. So don't get mad at those keeping it real.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the problem is that you have intelligent educated brothas (j cole, kendrick) doing great numbers appealing to wider audiences than their favorite trap/strip rappers

and nikkas don't like it.

unfortunately you have a lot of nikkas who's brains can't computer any type of music that ain't Ross, young thug, or migos, the words are just confusing to their intellects

and i'm not just talking hip hop, their brains literally can't register or make out any type of jazz, blues, rock, country, nothing musically outside of trap

so what they do is lash out...they get mad and pray for kendrick and j cole's downfall because they're ignorant as fukk :yeshrug::manny:

:wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lol on some real shyt, I wasn't aware his music was satire. I only listened to like 1 or 2 of his songs, was like this is terrible, and never listened again.

His music ain't satire, the guy that wrote that article don't know what the fukk he's talking about. Too Short discovered Lil B, he used to rap "normal" but after a while he just started going in the booth freestyling entire albums. He didn't have any grand scheme to satirize rap, he started acting weird for attention. This is straight from Too Short, who spoke to B before all the "based god" shyt started.

If people vibe with this music :manny: but there ain't some deeper meaning to it. Dude that wrote the article is probably a Lil B stan college kid doing too much.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the thread, I'm on record saying I'm not feeling "TPAB" at all but sitting there with your arms crossed like "NO IMPACT!" is just as bad as declaring it a classic a week later. Let the shyt marinate, I don't mean a few weeks....I mean years. Time will reveal exactly what this album is, and what Kendrick's career is. The internet completely eroded everyone's attention span though, so it's virtually impossible to let a rapper's legacy naturally unfold.

Fred.

Jen The Prude

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Daps
Reppin
OVO/France
:usure: Didn't Cole just go Platinum doing the same thing?

Shifting_Goalpost.gif

:wow:
:mjlol:
:lolbron:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah not really. Nice try though.

Kendrick's team and stans ACTIVELY go out of their way to declare him GOAT contender, classic status, etc. The 'hate' that comes their way is reactionary, and then they wanna act possum. fukk all that. Most of the time, we're just disgusted at the hyperbole more than anything. I personally don't care if you like Kendrick or enjoy the hell out of him. I think Cyhi Da Prince is mediocre but you don't see me actively making threads dissing dude. His fans nor team aren't claiming anything stupid nor trying to cram him down anyone's throats.

I'm not gonna let you or some cac rewrite hip hop history as though Kendrick's the best thing or close to the best thing that ever happened. It's fukking disrespectful, and it shyts on the contributions of thousands of rappers who have made far more quality work that props up this hip hop culture to begin with. You can't be an objective hip hop fan if you don't see that. Hyperbole is one of the things that destroyed this genre and it needs to be checked. So don't get mad at those keeping it real.

:heh: so what are you some hiphop crusader saving us from the evils of hyperbole and bringing balance to discussions?

"I'm not gonna let you rewrite history" ? So does that just mean history happens only according to how you remember it? fukk outta here :camby: No one is cramming anything down any one's throat. You have your opinions just like anyone else.

Let's just call this shyt what it is: you and these other dudes are just mad that Kendrick is getting more shine than whoever the fukk it is you like. For whatever reason people attach too much of their identity to their taste in entertainment and somehow think themselves better for it.

Just like the stans who try to come up with bullshyt reasons why people don't like his shyt, people like you go in the opposite direction and try to come up with reasons they do, because clearly if you don't agree on something entirely subjective like music then there must be a problem with the other party.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip Hop fans are the fukking worst dikkriders. Talking like he was the first nikka rapping over funk/jazz. Disrespectful fukk nikkas. Its all about hype in 2015. Big Krit is still the pinnacle of the new school. Once he gets a (hit) watch how suspect the booth starts actin.Hype ass little girls