So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They dropped "Alright" and "King Kunta" in the club last night and shyt was LIT :umad:!

K.Dot haters stay on that nikka dikk more than his stans do :mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yall nikkas still running through the 6 with your woes and shyt..:scust:
Meanwhile kendrick dropped the most pro black album in a long time...Somthing we actually needed to hear.. He made music for us ...yeah sonically it sounds cool but I could give a fukk about what stripper you fukking ...
nikkas have short attention spans this era.. All the legends would not have been successful this day and age...step yall music taste up

A lot of nikkas on here are on that :mjpls: shyt. They even shyt on Chuck D for being pro black. They hate anything that is outside of the limited paradigm of trap music.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
the problem is that you have intelligent educated brothas (j cole, kendrick) doing great numbers appealing to wider audiences than their favorite trap/strip rappers

and nikkas don't like it.

unfortunately you have a lot of nikkas who's brains can't compute any type of music that ain't Ross, young thug, or migos, the words are just confusing to their intellects

and i'm not just talking hip hop, their brains literally can't register or make out any type of jazz, blues, rock, country, nothing musically outside of trap

so what they do is lash out...they get mad and pray for kendrick and j cole's downfall because they're ignorant as fukk :yeshrug::manny:

Last edited:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I'm not mad at this thread or anyone in it, it's like trying to watch A Clockwork Orange with someone who's favorite movie is Legally Blond, To Pimp A Butterfly is just too smart for the room.

Half the people in this thread are too dumb to "get it" and the other half just subconciously hate it because everyone else likes it/gave it positive reviews

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I was real disappointed man. I fukked with GKMC so much that I was just gonna buy (something I ain't done in years) his new cd off the strength of his last one. I decided to download it first to be sure and was surprised how trash he became. shyt was so bad I'm not sure I even wanna bother with his next cd. I think I liked 1 song off the whole album and it wasnt anything I'd miss if I never heard it again.

To be clear, i don't mind the concepts or consciousness of it. I love that shyt, but he was on some weird shyt here. Beats were trash, he used annoying voices (complicATED) and it just felt all over the place

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
the problem is that you have intelligent educated brothas (j cole, kendrick) doing great numbers appealing to wider audiences than their favorite trap/strip rappers

and nikkas don't like it.

unfortunately you have a lot of nikkas who's brains can't computer any type of music that ain't Ross, young thug, or migos, the words are just confusing to their intellects

and i'm not just talking hip hop, their brains literally can't register or make out any type of jazz, blues, rock, country, nothing musically outside of trap

so what they do is lash out...they get mad and pray for kendrick and j cole's downfall because they're ignorant as fukk :yeshrug::manny:

Ignorant ass rappers that talk shyt about Cole and Kendrick are the ones scared of the future because their time on the spotlight is slowly coming to an end.

The lashing out is one of the last lines of defense.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I feel like TPAB would have been better off being called "nikkas In The White House" or something. These same people nitpickin would be callin it a classic if he would have just given the fukkin record a less pretentious name. :patrice:

Critics would have hated, but his shyt would be 3 or 4 times plat by now. Trying to feed these trap junkies a square meal got nikkas breakin they legs hoppin off the bandwagon. :lolbron:

Call the shyt Trap Obama or sumshyt he woulda been DIAMOND same exact music and everything. LOL
I think a better album name would have been, "My Pants are tighter than my sisters, but its not gay".

B. Pumpaveli

All Star
Daps
I'm not mad at this thread or anyone in it, it's like trying to watch A Clockwork Orange with someone who's favorite movie is Legally Blond, To Pimp A Butterfly is just too smart for the room.

Half the people in this thread are too dumb to "get it" and the other half just subconciously hate it because everyone else likes it/gave it positive reviews

This is the worst type of excuse :mjlol: Kendrick makes a an album full of music that doesn't work and the excuse is that we don't get it. Mind you the majority of people on this forum are hip hop heads predisposed to liking Kendrick's music. If the album were great or a classic like people wanted it to be this thread wouldn't exist. If anyone made a thread like this on GKMC the month after it dropped it would have been straight to the bushes.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This describes that album :yeshrug:but maybe we'll respect it more in time. I mean it's only been a month but 3 years fam.... :patrice:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime::what:

And you're a staff member?

:mjlol:

First of all, I'm an LSA transplant and I have many people here who can vouch for that.

Secondly, I doubt my IP address matches anyone's here.

I can expect such slander/libel from the random plebs that post here but not a staff member. The Coli clearly needs to re-evaluate its hiring practices because you are clearly a dud.
You really think I would do a check on someone like you? :damedash: