So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

Daps
Yeah that' pretty much sums it up

exactly . In a world where we recently saw people drop projects with no promotion for him to be like but but my promotion is :patrice: the label probably saw that he was building the buzz they hoped with the magazine articles and Grammys and though this might help. There is no excuse outside of lack of interest for his sales to be what they are with his hype . He tweeted his disappointment with Cali sales so clearly he cares about sales . Album wasn't bad but with the break between albums and no real standout tracks or features in between he got a taste of out of sight out of mind
He said that it was TDE owner that did that not him. Kendrick ain't on social media like that.

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Just got my phone bill w/ that $14 added cuz I copped on Google Play:mjcry:

What a waste:scust:

So far off of what?

I fukk with Section 80 and GKMC but this album is not what the stans and reviews proclaimed it to be

Find yourselves on the same side of an argument as the Taxman and CrimsonTider brehs.

Is it a coincidence that the people agreeing with Op are like a coalition of the worst posters on the site? :ohhh:

Jen The Prude

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Daps
Reppin
OVO/France
Drake does nothing for me, that nikka has the same flow he has had since he came out. All his albums sound the same. If you think I'm wrong prove me wrong.

:duck:

1) I wasn't aware this thread was about Drake.

2) Who gives a shyt what you think about Drake? Unlike Kendrick stans, I'm not insecure and I don't ever feel the need to convince people to like the people that I like.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
#microwave generation

what does even mean besides some cliche coli argument use to discredit music that you don't like?
Find yourselves on the same side of an argument as the Taxman and CrimsonTider brehs.

Is it a coincidence that the people agreeing with Op are like a coalition of the worst posters on the site? :ohhh:

What are you talking about. The album is not good. It was trying to hard to be different and end up being off putting for Kendrick fans that just want to hear the nikka spit over dope production.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
#microwave generation

this silly thread is based on a dude not hearing other ppl discuss an album, so to him it's now diminished. Yet I NEVER hear people talking about ANY albums period. Unless you ride a subway or a bus around town and there's rap fans on it, where are you gonna randomly hear ppl discussing an album? And even then you likely won't. Certainly not at work, or at the gym, mall, etc

I have to go back to high school to recall people discussing an album.....and that was only done the 1st week or so it was out.

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX

A young breh making observations. I'd rather have no reputation than a negative one.

What are you talking about. The album is not good. It was trying to hard to be different and end up being off putting for Kendrick fans that just want to hear the nikka spit over dope production.

I'd respect your opinion more if you didn't consistently use shytty arguments to feel the way you do.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
So far off of what?

I fukk with Section 80 and GKMC but this album is not what the stans and reviews proclaimed it to be

negro, what kinda "impact" do y'al want it to make?

Y'all want Obama to get on TV and discuss the lyrics? You want it to be a new continental anthem for Africa? You want Rolling Stone to run a cover/feature article on it?

Y'all are knocking this album for not being in a stratosphere where even YOUR favorite album does NOT exist.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
negro, what kinda "impact" do y'al want it to make?

Y'all want Obama to get on TV and discuss the lyrics? You want it to be a new continental anthem for Africa? You want Rolling Stone to run a cover/feature article on it?

Y'all are knocking this album for not being in a stratosphere where even YOUR favorite album does NOT exist.
Breh, u a Kendrick stan? :what:

Album is overrated. The replay value is crap imo. There is no song on this album that is fukkin w/ Money Trees and b1tch don't kill my vibe. And I thought gkmc was overrated cuz those are the only 2 songs i still fukk w/. But those are classic songs.

Album aint even seein Distant Relatives

Blame all those clowns calling it the best album in a decade and all that bullsh1t.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
scared to live up to GKMC hid behind thundercat/funk. didnt improve as a rapper/mc at all

couple amazin tracks but overall

pretty dissapointing

:yeshrug:
still better than any thing $0.50 did after GRODT :yeshrug:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Breh, u a Kendrick stan? :what:

Album is overrated. The replay value is crap imo. There is no song on this album that is fukkin w/ Money Trees and b1tch don't kill my vibe. And I thought gkmc was overrated cuz those are the only 2 songs i still fukk w/. But those are classic songs.

Album aint even seein Distant Relatives

Blame all those clowns calling it the best album in a decade and all that bullsh1t.

I don't even like GKMC. I can't name a single track on there I like. So I'm far from a Kendrick stan.

But this album is not a ride around and bump in your car album. That's primarily why ppl are knocking it.

I just fail to see this supposed "impact" the album was supposed to make. What other recent rap albums made this supposed impact? And where can I see it reflected?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick has repeatedly said he doesn't care about the sales. And I'm still amazed at the numbers he put out. Leading up to it everything for this album was wrong. His single "i" was regarded as trash by mostly everyone. Then the album was suppose to come the 23rd but came the 15th and then it was only the clean version, then it was taken down, then it was put back up. This album has zero main stream appeal and most of the songs here have no hooks, Kendrick da gawd can't stop winning.
He tweeted about sales! So clearly he cares about them