So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been listening to nothing but Kendrick since I copped the CD 2 weeks ago. I just had an in depth convo about the album with someone in real life while we were driving around listening to the album. Album is amazing. All the instant classic, instant masterpiece was overblown bullshyt and it's probably not as good as GKMC, but it's the new shyt and it's really good.
Yeah that' pretty much sums it up
Deep down for some reason, I think that album release was pre-planned by Kendrick. He wanted to drop it like Beyonce or J-Cole with little announcement, and thought it would sell like crazy from the random album release. But instead it streamed like crazy, and that plan backfired and he fell flat on this face with it
exactly . In a world where we recently saw people drop projects with no promotion for him to be like but but my promotion is :patrice: the label probably saw that he was building the buzz they hoped with the magazine articles and Grammys and though this might help. There is no excuse outside of lack of interest for his sales to be what they are with his hype . He tweeted his disappointment with Cali sales so clearly he cares about sales . Album wasn't bad but with the break between albums and no real standout tracks or features in between he got a taste of out of sight out of mind

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was looking for the point where this post was intelectuallualy dishonest, I found it.

Kendrick uses lyrics to paint vivid pictures all the time. Kiesha's death on S 80? Dying of Thrist on GKMC? That whole damn album took you into the streets of Compton and you're telling me he can't paint pictures? You're blatantly lying in saying so. It's actually amazing so many people agreed with this, Kendrick doesn't wish he was A$AP Rocky or Drake bro. :heh:
That's your opinion about him painting pictures though and I'm sure he'd want drakes mixtape sales or Coles album sales

Daps
Yeah I'm pretty much done with it.

Alright is in permanent rotation though. He blacked out on that track:banderas:
fukking love that track, when he goes off " Pet dog, pet dog, pet dog, my dog thats all
Pick back and chat I shut the back for y'all
I rap, I'm black, on track and rest assured
My rights, my wrongs are right till I'm right with God" fukk gotta listen to that shyt again now.

Daps
That's your opinion about him painting pictures though and I'm sure he'd want drakes mixtape sales or Coles album sales
Kendrick has repeatedly said he doesn't care about the sales. And I'm still amazed at the numbers he put out. Leading up to it everything for this album was wrong. His single "i" was regarded as trash by mostly everyone. Then the album was suppose to come the 23rd but came the 15th and then it was only the clean version, then it was taken down, then it was put back up. This album has zero main stream appeal and most of the songs here have no hooks, Kendrick da gawd can't stop winning.

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX

:rudy: That ain't opinion, it's fact. Maad city painted a picture. Keisha's song painted a picture. Kendrick's whole discography is stories bro, that's a fact I can substantiate with real evidence. Trying to claim Kendrick isn't lyrical enough to tell stories is straight up untrue.

B. Pumpaveli

All Star
Daps
Name them. Name 100s of Albums that has done this.

Ya'll trolls are delusional. Kendrick makes an album that sounds different than anything else today and now 100s of albums have done this :dahell:

Are you fukkin serious??? D'Angelo - Black Messiah is the exact same album only done 10 times better with BOTH the music and artistry connecting. And it came out three months ago.

And as far as musically, this album is nothing but a mismatch of styles done before and better. These Walls is just a Foreign Exchange song only not as dope. King Kunta is a DJ Quik/Suga Free song only not as dope.

Daps
Are you fukkin serious??? D'Angelo - Black Messiah is the exact same album only done 10 times better with BOTH the music and artistry connecting. And it came out three months ago.

And as far as musically, this album is nothing but a mismatch of styles done before and better. These Walls is just a Foreign Exchange song only not as dope. King Kunta is a DJ Quik/Suga Free song only not as dope.
Is crazy how in these walls, he does like a triple entendre he's talking about the prison walls, and also the p*ssy walls :wtf: and king kunta is so dope, the concept that you can as a black man be king of rap, but still be a slave to cacs.:banderas:

Jen The Prude

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Daps
Reppin
OVO/France
It's Kendrick stans that like to compare Kendrick to Pac but the reality is their styles are completely different.

When you listen to Kendrick you don't get any resemblance of Pac outside of the pro black subject matter.

Their flows, lyricism, and most of their subject matter is completely different.

Pac was obsessed with his own mortality pretty much from the onset of his own career. Kendrick doesn't touch upon death like Pac does.

And this is one the reason why I respect Kendrick the most. Even with Stans trying to compare Kendrick to Pac, Kendricks music is still very much Kendricks. No one would ever get the two confused.

Kendrick very much has his own identity musically. Kendrick is being Kendrick, nothing more nothing less. I can only respect that

:dahell::what:

:duck:

:mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Yeah that' pretty much sums it up

exactly . In a world where we recently saw people drop projects with no promotion for him to be like but but my promotion is :patrice: the label probably saw that he was building the buzz they hoped with the magazine articles and Grammys and though this might help. There is no excuse outside of lack of interest for his sales to be what they are with his hype . He tweeted his disappointment with Cali sales so clearly he cares about sales . Album wasn't bad but with the break between albums and no real standout tracks or features in between he got a taste of out of sight out of mind

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this. And his fans use the excuse like "Bu bu bu his label team fukked up his promotion" :dead: