So Jill Stein has an ACTUAL black agenda on her website. Why can’t we vote 3rd party?

Entelechy

Rookie
Daps
Imagine someone forces you at gunpoint to pick one of five doors to walk through

Walking through the first door gets you kneecapped in the right leg

Walking through the second door gets you a 5% raise

Walking through the 3rd 4th or 5th doors has a .01% percent chance of getting a 30% raise and a 99.99% chance of getting kneecapped

Which door would you pick? :jbhmm:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Which defeats the purpose of what voting is supposed to be for
It was stupid by me because I voted for some stupid shyt.

If Stein really gave a fukk as well as the Green, they would invest in the Black community, really push laws and changes on the local level and they would get traction if it worked but they don't. No one wants Blacks to do well outside of Blacks.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It was stupid by me because I voted for some stupid shyt.

If Stein really gave a fukk as well as the Green, they would invest in the Black community, really push laws and changes on the local level and they would get traction if it worked but they don't. No one wants Blacks to do well outside of Blacks.
Unfortunately the problem for the Green party in general is people are two enamored with the two party system for them to actually get the chance to inspire meaningful change. You see now in this thread or on this site that posters balk at the mention of another party.

Kind of hard to do anything when the odds are stacked against you. Even if they did, big money would win out like what just happened with Progressives and the AIPAC.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I would say Stein is doing her part to attempt to swing the Overton window as left as reasonably possible in these trying times. Between corporate
democrats, neocon republicans and the maga crowd, having someone remind people of actual common sense policies is needed.

Lol no the fukk she ain’t

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Unfortunately the problem for the Green party in general is people are two enamored with the two party system for them to actually get the chance to inspire meaningful change. You see now in this thread or on this site that posters balk at the mention of another party.

Kind of hard to do anything when the odds are stacked against you. Even if they did, big money would win out like what just happened with Progressives and the AIPAC.
The way our government is set up, we can not have anything more than two parties. It's literally a winner take all system.

If Stein was serious at all, she would register to the party that align the most with her values and try to push her agenda through by building and maintaining relationships with other politicians and the communities she wants to help. It's literally what AOC is doing now.

I'm at the point in my life now where if you're apart of a third party, you're either a grifter or just stupid.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The way our government is set up, we can not have anything more than two parties. It's literally a winner take all system.

If Stein was serious at all, she would register to the party that align the most with her values and try to push her agenda through by building and maintaining relationships with other politicians and the communities she wants to help. It's literally what AOC is doing now.

I'm at the point in my life now where if you're apart of a third party, you're either a grifter or just stupid.
And like I’ve said before. That’s unfortunate that they are having to go that route as it completely defeats the purpose of what voting is supposed to be for.

A lot of people are content with the two party system and will rather complaining than truly do anything about it.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
The fact that this is news is concerning :dead: The Green Party BEEN supported reparations and all yall talk about is how You're not gonna vote until someone offers... reparations :dwillhuh: And you don't even know?! :mindblown:

I voted for her in 2016 cuz I couldn't stand Hillary or Trump but not this time 🚫
Look at this shyt:

It says Reparations in big bold letters:

REPARATIONS AND THE AGENDA TO FACILITATE BLACK LIBERATION​

A Jill Stein Administration will guarantee as a human right reparations to the descendants of African slaves for the historic crime of enslavement. Reparations is a cornerstone of the Black Agenda, but reparations is far from the only policy needed to begin to redress what has been stolen from the Black community over 400+ years.

Scholars and activists who have studied and formulated propositions for Reparations itself have put the minimum cash value of reparations at $12 trillion, to be paid to those who claim legitimate descendancy from enslaved Blacks prior to the Civil War. This number is derived not only from the stolen labor prior to 1865, but also from the reneged promise of Field Order 15, commonly referred to as “40 acres and a mule”, which was never made good upon.

We don’t need any further debate on whether reparations should be paid. They should, without question, as they were in 1988 to those impacted by WWII Japanese internment camps. The Stein administration will confer with Black community leaders on who qualifies, how they qualify (historical records exist), how much they will be paid in cash, and how those payments will be made.

There are other policies essential to the overall Black Agenda, as slavery was not the only historic crime against the Black community in America. We recognize both historic and existing racism in America, While it has been addressed in legislation such as the Civil Rights Act of 1964, to this day an end to systemic racism has never been realized. Many of these essential policies, such as universal healthcare, immigration, policing, and free public college education, are addressed in other areas of this platform. Furthermore
, it should be noted that the Black Agenda is a progressive agenda.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Kind of hard to do anything when the odds are stacked against you.
This isn't completely true, especially where local politics are concerned. Organizing and building a coalition for a run at a lower-level office is possible. Several Green party politicians have won local races for county, municipal, education and special districts. Jill Stein just doesn't care about that. She is nothing more than a spoiler.