So is anybody using Dolby atmos yet?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
whats the point of getting atmos if your just gonna rock some headphones?
Long story short.

We are moving into the future and your thought processes are getting outdated. Not saying they have completely solved it yet but what they are saying is they have developed a new audio technology they call 3D audio which also goes by the name of object based audio. What's unique about this tech is it works inside headphones as well. Any headphone to be exact :jbhmm:
How could that be you ask? Because we in the future. One day we won't need most of the things we think are necessary. I was laughed at when I predicted we wouldn't be using disc by this gen. And while you can still buy them you can't use them (systems no longer play games from disc)

Also in the future gaming won't be so couch dominant. With the rise of VR and AR, this tech would be the only way to experience directional sound.

I am just a humble messenger from the future :whistle:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Long story short.

We are moving into the future and your thought processes are getting outdated. Not saying they have completely solved it yet but what they are saying is they have developed a new audio technology they call 3D audio which also goes by the name of object based audio. What's unique about this tech is it works inside headphones as well. Any headphone to be exact :jbhmm:
How could that be you ask? Because we in the future. One day we won't need most of the things we think are necessary. I was laughed at when I predicted we wouldn't be using disc by this gen. And while you can still buy them you can't use them (systems no longer play games from disc)

Also in the future gaming won't be so couch dominant. With the rise of VR and AR, this tech would be the only way to experience directional sound.

I am just a humble messenger from the future :whistle:
Brah. Just let them be. They'll turn anything into a negative...any way...i have a SS setup and i cant blast it like i want to late night...i just listened to the demos on my headphones and it sounds amazing!!! Thanks for the info.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I have had an Atmos 7.1.4 home theater setup for almost 2 yrs now. Nothing like it when the movie is mixed perfectly. Never messed with any headsets.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Brah. Just let them be. They'll turn anything into a negative...any way...i have a SS setup and i cant blast it like i want to late night...i just listened to the demos on my headphones and it sounds amazing!!! Thanks for the info.
theres nothing wrong with having headphones
my question is why get atmos when youre only using it with headphones

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Do you have a headset of any kind, your opinion on how good it is in comparison to your usual is valued :handshake:

I actually don't own anything that would considered a "headset", I have cheap pair of Monster N-Tune over the ear headphones. Back in the day when I had a PS3, I was looking at Sony's 7.1 wireless headsets, never pulled the trigger though.

I will say this, a Dolby Atmos home theater setup takes quite a bit of time, patience, and money to setup and get right. I have a few $1,000 invested in my setup. A lot of people may not be that deep into it or have the desire to invest in a sound setup like that for the home.

Once you get it right, it is a very rewarding experience.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
theres nothing wrong with having headphones
my question is why get atmos when youre only using it with headphones
What if you don't have a theater setup :wtf:

What if you live in an apartment :dwillhuh:

What if you don't have a sound proofed basement, but have a family, kids/etc?

Why is so much time being wasted on if someone would need headsets like if headsets isn't this huge business, like many a thread hasn't been made for headsets.

If you're asking why headsets and Dolby, did you look at anything in this thread or just the threads title :facepalm:

What part of, directional audio.. In any headset.. Thanks to this new tech. Is the premise too complicated? You think you need a theater to experience 3D audio?

The answer is no, free trial too so all I'm hearing is excuses. Try it then talk that shyt or :umad: in my book. Maybe you bought a home theater and because of that you're salty there is tech making all that unnecessary for a person who is only worried about gaming. Let's now hear the results of people trying it instead of those who have doubts and refuse to :tu:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
@PS4

Take it from someone who has a degree in audio engineering

Dolby Atmos or 3D audio for headphones is not the real deal, it’s just basically widening the sound stage, and using other types of tricks to fool your brain

Headphones are stereo devices, a left channel and a right channel to get the true benefit of Dolby or surround you need multiple speakers

A true setup is going to cost thousands of dollars, not a 15 dollar add on,

Surround sound and headphones don’t go together ,its laughable and physically and theoretically impossible.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
@PS4

Take it from someone who has a degree in audio engineering

Dolby Atmos or 3D audio for headphones is not the real deal, it’s just basically widening the sound stage, and using other types of tricks to fool your brain

Headphones are stereo devices, a left channel and a right channel to get the true benefit of Dolby or surround you need multiple speakers

A true setup is going to cost thousands of dollars, not a 15 dollar add on,

Surround sound and headphones don’t go together ,its laughable and physically and theoretically impossible.
Bruh, I got 2 degrees in audio engineering :sitdown:
Just like how you doubted cloud gaming which finally lands in full force next year, the sound part of the enhancements is out now. Like all new formats, the options are limited. Now sir who has one less degree than I do, it cost you nothing to try it out, NOTHING.

Have you tried it yet :usure: what Game did you try it with?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Bruh, I got 2 degrees in audio engineering :sitdown:
Just like how you doubted cloud gaming which finally lands in full force next year, the sound part of the enhancements is out now. Like all new formats, the options are limited. Now sir who has one less degree than I do, it cost you nothing to try it out, NOTHING.

Have you tried it yet :usure: what Game did you try it with?

You’re talking about a format made for multiple speakers

Downmixed into stereo

It’s still coming out of a left and a right speaker , 2 Channels

I have heard and have virtual surround sound headphones , some do a good job but it’s not the same .... at all

If you have really have degrees I shouldn’t have to explain this to you, stop being a yokel

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
You’re talking about a format made for multiple speakers

Downmixed into stereo

It’s still coming out of a left and a right speaker , 2 Channels

I have heard and have virtual surround sound headphones , some do a good job but it’s not the same .... at all

If you have really have degrees I shouldn’t have to explain this to you, stop being a yokel
this is why it doesn't make sense it me