A teacher caught students using ChatGPT on their first assignment to introduce themselves

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I was in my Engineering lab and kept hearing ChatGPT being mentioned by students yesterday.

I remember back in the day if you had a shytty textbook, you only had so many other usable resources you could use on your own to go figure shyt out.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
I was in my Engineering lab and kept hearing ChatGPT being mentioned by students yesterday.

I remember back in the day if you had a shytty textbook, you only had so many other usable resources you could use on your own to go figure shyt out.

Yep no internet in my early years…Remember when you had to go to the library for information… encyclopedia Britannica :ahh: shots too easy these days.. but that’s how it goes :manny:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Apple has this shyt built into the next iPhone and macs… get used to it teachers
@Artificial Intelligence is an STF infecting everything. It will soon be our way of life. Where’s the neural chip so people can pump AI straight to their brain?
talking-except-for-burning-sensation.gif

Will Smith save us
beautiful-masterpiece-irobot.gif

:damn:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
My teacher friends have said the biggest issue they have is that students aren't even checking if the AI work is accurate. They just throw a half assed idea into it, get out bullshyt, and roll with it. I spoke to someone who just fails their students each time they turn something like that in because it's obvious. For instance just as an example....imagine this was the quality of my introduction essay:

"My name is Piff Perkins. Piff Perkins is here in your class. Piff Perkins wants to introdce himself Piff Perkins enjoys jazz music and reading. He enbjoys watching football go team go team. Thank you ChatGDP prompt 6250."

What grade should an essay full of mis-spelled words and run on sentences - that was not written by the student - receive?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sad man, hope the generations after me don’t be come completely reliant on this shyt.

Thecoli-"if it wasnt for science you wouldnt have a phone:damn:"

Be grateful for the white mans hand held lobotomy machines brehs:francis:

"They're like, 'When I was young, I used to love to read, and now I can't. I can't even get through the chapter of a book,'" she said. "'My attention span is so bad, and I know it's from looking at my phone, always having YouTube or TikTok on.' And they're sad about it."

Fritts said that technology addiction has affected students' general agency when interacting with information. She cited a 2015 paper by Professor Charles Harvey, chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religion at the University of Central Arkansas, which examines the effects that interactions with technology could have had on human agency and concentration.

Harvey wrote that two different eye-tracking experiments indicated that the vast majority of people skim online text quickly, "skipping down the page" rather than reading line by line. Deep reading of paper texts is being snipped into "even smaller, disconnected" thoughts.

"The new generations will not be experiencing this technology for the first time. They'll have grown up with it," Fritts said. "I think we can expect a lot of changes in the really foundational aspects of human agency, and I'm not convinced those changes are going to be good"

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside

shyt brehs would be Gassed at having Answers on the Textbooks but it only showed for The Odd Numbered Questions:laugh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Thecoli-"if it wasnt for science you wouldnt have a phone:damn:"

Be grateful for the white mans hand held lobotomy machines brehs:francis:

"They're like, 'When I was young, I used to love to read, and now I can't. I can't even get through the chapter of a book,'" she said. "'My attention span is so bad, and I know it's from looking at my phone, always having YouTube or TikTok on.' And they're sad about it."

Fritts said that technology addiction has affected students' general agency when interacting with information. She cited a 2015 paper by Professor Charles Harvey, chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religion at the University of Central Arkansas, which examines the effects that interactions with technology could have had on human agency and concentration.

Harvey wrote that two different eye-tracking experiments indicated that the vast majority of people skim online text quickly, "skipping down the page" rather than reading line by line. Deep reading of paper texts is being snipped into "even smaller, disconnected" thoughts.

"The new generations will not be experiencing this technology for the first time. They'll have grown up with it," Fritts said. "I think we can expect a lot of changes in the really foundational aspects of human agency, and I'm not convinced those changes are going to be good"
Trump supporters and Sony Stans are both Internet casualties. Before the internet there would have just been fanatics but the internet has enabled these types to group up.