So is anybody using Dolby atmos yet?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You buy an Atmos Setup for a theater room, not no damn headphones. :skip:
It's $15 and carries over :dwillhuh:

And once again, I get you wanna wow others with your setups but are you saying in a game like battlefield 1 you would rather have your house sounding like a Vietnam movie in a theater instead of headphones? Movies is one thing, you guys are essentially saying headsets ain't shyt, which is strange imo but ok :gucci:

Rekka, you do take the ps4 with you while on the road. Headset, no? What if the kids sleep or whatever, no use for headsets? I'm gonna slowly back out of this thread for a sec...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rekka, you do take the ps4 with you while on the road. Headset, no? What if the kids sleep or whatever, no use for headsets? I'm gonna slowly back out of this thread for a sec...

I got a PS4 Gold wireless headset. That's fine for me.

When I game at home, I'm in my basement in my mancave.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I got a PS4 Gold wireless headset. That's fine for me.

When I game at home, I'm in my basement in my mancave.
Which you have raved about. And they was inexpensive compared to what's required to get surround sound on Xbox or Nintendo. Then Microsoft countered with this which works on any headset. Just a onetime fee of 15 and you eat :blessed:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
According to what they been saying, no, it works on any stereo headset (stereo = basic)

Let the coli know how that next level sound like :banderas:

My tv apparently has bluetooh (just got it a week ago) gonna try and peep that later

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Surround sound on headphones or stereo output is mostly marketing but Atmos does the best job of simulating the experience of anyone on the market.

But it's nothing a good pair of open back headphones and mixing in game can't replicate.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's $15 and carries over :dwillhuh:

And once again, I get you wanna wow others with your setups but are you saying in a game like battlefield 1 you would rather have your house sounding like a Vietnam movie in a theater instead of headphones? Movies is one thing, you guys are essentially saying headsets ain't shyt, which is strange imo but ok :gucci:
tenor.gif

But seriously these surround systems cost a shytload of money

No point in spending all that damn money and then using headphones when you have a perfectly good 7.1.4 setup surrounding you

My girl used to bytch(mainly about the sub) but she's used to now and I've never gotten any complaints from my neighbors

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
I have an Atmos capable receiver, but I've been slacking on pulling the trigger on the Atmos front speakers. I'm probably going to check out this headphone thing though, might be helpful for COD

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
tenor.gif

But seriously these surround systems cost a shytload of money

No point in spending all that damn money and then using headphones when you have a perfectly good 7.1.4 setup surrounding you

My girl used to bytch(mainly about the sub) but she's used to now and I've never gotten any complaints from my neighbors
For gaming I like a headset over surround sound theater, guess I'm special like that :manny:
Right, can't exactly pull true surround using just two basic output speakers. :mjlol:

And getting it on pitch (vertical) is not happening either on basic headphones.
Bruh, the video teaches you how you are mistaken. 3D audio aka object based audio does exactly that :ufdup:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Bruh, the video teaches you how you are mistaken. 3D audio aka object based audio does exactly that :ufdup:

I'll be honest here: to me, it's hard to get a convincing solution especially if there isn't anything in the way of hardware support, namely the amount and placement of drivers pushing the sound. Not denying Dolby Atmos could be great with proper cans, but you'd need multiple drivers imo and things can get pricey. I like the idea of having individual audio "tracks" with their individual volume to simulate surround and such, but I just haven't heard a convincing solution with headphones.. yet.

I have surround headphones right now and it leaves a lot to be desired. I just leave it on standard stereo. Maybe I'll fiddle with the settings more and see if it changes my mind. :ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I have an Atmos capable receiver, but I've been slacking on pulling the trigger on the Atmos front speakers. I'm probably going to check out this headphone thing though, might be helpful for COD
whats the receiver?