So does this mean Kendrick Lamar is officially the number one rapper right now???

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
He doesn't have any genre changing Classic albums but great albums

Maybe his new one does that finally
what? Tpab is vastly considered as one of the very, very best albums in music history, in any genre. That shyt also influenced Davie Bowie, Prince, Chuck D, herbie Hancock (and many more) last albums

Gkmc changed the standard for this generation and is now the longest charting rap album ever. It also had massive influence on modern rap albums.

I can go on and on.

Like Common said, Kendrick has 4 classics and you can argue nobody ever reached that number.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what? Tpab is vastly considered as one of the very, very best albums in music history, in any genre. That shyt also influenced Davie Bowie, Prince, Chuck D, herbie Hancock (and many more) last albums

Like Common said, kendrick is the only rapper with 4 classic albums.

It's a great album that didn't change the genre

Classics are fork in the road changes in music....like music totally shifted
Last album to do that was Future old joint

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
It's a great album that didn't change the genre

Classics are fork in the road changes in music....like music totally shifted
Last album to do that was Future old joint
wrong...
Tpab and gkmc both had impact as in they influenced other albums.

Also impacting the genre is only 1 of the 4 criteria that make an album a classic (time, impact, influence, quality/universal acclaim). You only need to meet 1 criteria, not all 4.
If that was the case, most "classic" albums wouldn't be classic...because having an impact is one thing, but a lot of these impactful albums were objectively decent at best.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka so what? So do I? Do I have to show u my playlists? On top of the fact I was a DJ for 20+ years. Lol.

Ok cool my shyt ranges from classic rock, 80’s new wave and R&B to cash Cobain and bay swag. Dancehall, afrobeats, techno/house, and Latin music.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wrong...
Tpab and gkmc both had impact as in they influenced other albums.

Also impacting the genre is only 1 of the 4 criteria that make an album a classic. You only need to meet 1 criteria, not all 4.
If that was the case, most "classic" albums wouldn't be classic...because having an impact is one thing, but a lot of these impactful albums were objectively decent at best.

Great albums that didn't change the genre landscape

There's levels