So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the best pivot would simply be to do Cody/Roman 2 with Rock as special guest referee. Any other scenarios are overbooking a well received and simple story. Rock/Roman can happen at WM41.

logical and predictable booking is fine if the fans support it. like why risk yourself getting booed and derailing an anticipated rematch (the biggest match possible between two current talent) with a dream match fans also want but not at the expense of this one? rock and his team completely misread the fans here.
I think one of the biggest blindspots people having when discussing this situation is ignoring Rock's ego as a factor

Rock didn't join the board of TKO, come back to WWE stepping on a two year storyline and causing a booking catastrophe, just to be a special guest referee:mjlol: he ain't do it for no 3 way either:mjlol:

Y'all gotta keep Rock's enormous ego in mind when discussing these things

That nikka ain't turning heel either:mjlol:

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is how I picture about 95% of the fake outrage nexkbeards to sound like. This is the biggest over reaction in wrestling history. At this point I hope they go through as planned so I can watch all these clowns that spent $1,000 on WM tickets and pay $10 a month on peacock just boo a storyline and then still watch every week
You say this like the WWE wasn't seeing big ratings drops over the past few years. People have shown they will stop watching.
Every time Seth opens his mouth about Cody, Roman, or Rock it just shows how far behind them he really is.

Especially after how Roman flamed his ass up
People talk about how one belt was always seen as more prestigious, and yes, to an extent. One belt always had the better lineage, maybe one belt had a hot storyline with it, but have we ever seen a belt created because another guy had the two existing belts, barely wrestled, barely appeared on tv because they booked themselves into a corner where you had an entire tier of wrestlers with nothing to fight for? You then have Roman completely shyt on the new belt and its champ, and Seth is going around begging people to challenge him:dahell:
I think one of the biggest blindspots people having when discussing this situation is ignoring Rock's ego as a factor

Rock didn't join the board of TKO, come back to WWE stepping on a two year storyline and causing a booking catastrophe, just to be a special guest referee:mjlol: he ain't do it for no 3 way either:mjlol:

They think the guy that tried to take over the DCU, slid into TKO with a ridiculous payday just to get attacked offscreen and give Cody his WM shot back:russ:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You say this like the WWE wasn't seeing big ratings drops over the past few years. People have shown they will stop watching.

People talk about how one belt was always seen as more prestigious, and yes, to an extent. One belt always had the better lineage, maybe one belt had a hot storyline with it, but have we ever seen a belt created because another guy had the two existing belts, barely wrestled, barely appeared on tv because they booked themselves into a corner where you had an entire tier of wrestlers with nothing to fight for? You then have Roman completely shyt on the new belt and its champ, and Seth is going around begging people to challenge him:dahell:

They think the guy that tried to take over the DCU, slid into TKO with a ridiculous payday just to get attacked offscreen and give Cody his WM shot back:russ:
Entirely unprovoked shooting themselves in the dikk and I’m not sure what would be worse between management thinking up Roman working so little while being champ that a new belt is needed or him lobbying for it himself and them agreeing to it. Same goes for Roman burying said new belt. Someone needed to drive home the point that it shouldn’t be said because everyone comes out looking worse after that promo.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Entirely unprovoked shooting themselves in the dikk and I’m not sure what would be worse between management thinking up Roman working so little while being champ that a new belt is needed or him lobbying for it himself and them agreeing to it. Same goes for Roman burying said new belt. Someone needed to drive home the point that it shouldn’t be said because everyone comes out looking worse after that promo.

Nah don't change history. Roman buried Seth after that bum been taking shots at Roman for years. Seth wanted to get treated like a mark and Roman obliged. Roman let everyone know who is still the top dog and that it's different on that side of the table.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah don't change history. Roman buried Seth after that bum been taking shots at Roman for years. Seth wanted to get treated like a mark and Roman obliged. Roman let everyone know who is still the top dog and that it's different on that side of the table.
There’s a huge difference in the type of material. “I don’t like this guy because of his attitude and how he doesn’t show up to work” is a little bit different than “this guy’s belt is worthless and he’s a nobody who nobody cares about”. The former can be used as an in character grievance that every wrestler should agree with. The latter is the core essence of every Stephanie McMahon heel promo from 2013-16, which was the worst type of promo specifically because it can’t do anything to make anything look better. It’s cut from the same cloth as triple h’s “you never drew a dime” or “my friend mark” lines/promos, which we all agree are not things that anyone should be saying on the air.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

This right here. The more i keep looking at his IG story, the more he keeps doubling down :ohhh:

And part of me really feels he lacks that much awareness that he is going to still try to spin this to get people to cheer him. I’m REALLY curious to see how he handles this.

And even if Roman ends up working 2 nights. I’m more then positive Rock is going to want to close night 2 :pachaha:

I honestly feel reality is going to hit him during that press conference when he hears “Rocky Sucks!”

Knowing his ass he gonna laugh and go “LOVE THE PASSION!” and point at his skin showing the goosebumps :russ:

PremeGuru

All Star
Daps
WWE is probably happy people are talking about Cawdy getting screwed out his title shot instead of the Vince lawsuit.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
The belts are props brehs… :mjlol:

Marks:

crying-still.gif