So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Not sure that Rock exists anymore....it's been over 20 years since he's regularly had to work in front of wrestling crowds.

And even then he was never really much of an improviser. He has always needed a script to work with.
I do think it still exists, I think it's a matter of him being willing to be an a$$hole in front of the camera at this point of his career. Most of his comebacks and jokes are considered "offensive" in 2024 anyways so he's basically perfectly fit to be an entertaining heel.

My impression is that he's too competitive to react like Cena to the fans booing him (take them with a smile and "respect the crowd no matter what") but we'll see.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I gotta say, I'm kinda surprised people aren't at least interested in how Rock reacts to the crowd turning on this new WM plan.

He's at his best when he's reacting in the moment and not doing the same old shtick. If this mean we getting Hollywood Rock back it would be a perfect scenario, imo.

If people are booing on Thursday it would be shocking if he doesn't just improvises on the spot and starts being a cocky a$$hole heel.
That's what I keep saying...the Rock is a genius. A LIVE mic? Different ball game...lol

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well said. They fukked up so now they gotta tuck their tails between their legs and unfortunately Hunter has to clean the entire shyt stains :mjlol:

"You see! That's why you gotta let it play out" :mjlol:

And can we let this narrative go away that just because Punk got injured that somehow that correlates to the Rock wanting a match now? What the fukk does Rock have to do with Seth vs Punk? I know punk gotta be mad knowing his injury is being thrown around as the excuse to change Cody vs Rhodes. And it seems like TKO & Rock's camp are leaking information to blame each other for that awful booking decision.
Lmao!!! All that did was ruin Seth's path..has nothing to do with Cody.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The Rock came back a month before all this teasing it. Lol.
The teasing Rock was doing was for next year's WM. Even on first take he said he is a long term guy and likes to build or w/e. Cody vs Roman was the plan this year.

That is why Cody won and pointed at Roman.

Then the Vince shyt blows up more - They scramble and do this Rock vs Roman angle to overshadow that. Didnt expect the backlash it's getting.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I don't know if the Rock is humble enough at this point to lean into his recent (non wrestling related) bad press and turn it into his kayfabe persona, but if that was the plan they need to bring back HHH's "Best for Business" shtick. They don't need to be all in the videos but the Rock pulling power plays and "Papa H" supporting and playing stooge will give a sense of hopelessness that a superstar would have to overcome. I don't want to see a rekindled HHH vs. Rock feud played out in the TKO boardroom. Keep their appearances limited, don't have them be outright heelish but extremely passive aggressive and gently condescending like the worst corporate managers/leaders we've all dealt with. The Rock as a looming spectre willing to engage in intrigue with his only obvious opposition firmly in his corner would be a good background story among all of the other fukkery going on.

Cody potentially finishing his story only to have a jealous Rock and an opportunistic HHH keep trying to rewrite the narrative and add their own chapters would be a good long term babyface story for Rhodes, with plenty of hidden kindling for when it's time to turn up the heat on that slow burn. :youngsabo:

"......And I thought to myself, why am I fighting against the two most powerful men in the industry to 'finish the story,' when I can work with them and make my reign on top 'The Neverending Story.'

:banderas: THAT HEAT

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The teasing Rock was doing was for next year's WM. Even on first take he said he is a long term guy and likes to build or w/e. Cody vs Roman was the plan this year.

That is why Cody won and pointed at Roman.

Then the Vince shyt blows up more - They scramble and do this Rock vs Roman angle to overshadow that. Didnt expect the backlash it's getting.
That's how you how saw it. Fans damn sure he was doing it this year..like I said, if he came in #30, whole thing would of been different. Cody vs Roman was a option if Rock wasn't available..thats it. Just like last year.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
That's how you how saw it. Fans damn sure he was doing it this year..like I said, if he came in #30, whole thing would of been different.
It's not how I saw it, it's how it looks. The only fans who said he was "damn sure doing it this year" are the delusional ones who dont use logic.
You dont have Cody win and point at Roman if Rock vs Roman was already planned.
You dont have Cody just "step aside" that way because it makes him look horrible.