So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The funny thing is this isn't a Daniel Bryan situation, so not sure why they're apparently saying they wanted Cody to be a martyr/bigger Babyface.
Batista won, fans shytted on that to the point they pivoted WMXXX
In this case Cody was booked to win and the crowd was for it and reacted the way they had hoped for. There was nothing further to do. Mission accomplished and you just had to book the in-between to Mania, no audibles needed. They can't get out their own way.:pachaha: Would love to know when HHH actually found out though.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
All they had to do was have Rock win the match if they knew they were doing this unless there is a super swerve involved.
They didnt know Rock vs Roman was happening until after the Rumble. That's why Cody pointed at Roman after he won.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Y'all can't sit here and say "Rock vs Roman should've happened years ago, and now it's too late for that" when y'all the same mothafukkas that popped a couple weeks ago when Rock said "Should I sit at the head if the table?"

Y'all some fickle ass mothafukkas, which is why I ain't even taking y'all seriously :mjlol:
Dude, that was BEFORE you had Cody win the damn Royal Rumble, genius :stopitslime:

Also, people thought Rock vs. Roman was going to be at Elimination Chamber in Australia.

That was the rumors at the time.

They could've had The Rock or CM Punk win the Royal Rumble and it would've made sense for one of them to face Roman.

But they've for the last 3 years made Cody out to be the biggest baby face who's coming back to WWE to "finish the story" & had him win the last 2 royal rumbles for what?

That's retarded ass logic, G.

Cody winning didn't make any sense.

Y'all just like poor, superficial storytelling. Cody wins based on what? Because he beat Seth Rollins and was injured, won the Royal Rumble, and wants to "finish the story"?

Jey, Sami, Jimmy, Bobby, and Gunther had better reasons for beating Roman w/ already built-in storylines that made more sense than Cody Rhodes who was out for damn near a year because he couldn't bench correctly.

Cody fans are about as bland as the guy they stan.

:mjlol:
So having your biggest babyface you've had in 10 years and have been building up for 3 years to "finish the story" & had win the last two royal rumbles win the title at Wrestlemania makes no sense?

Jey, Sami, Jimmy, Bobby, and Gunther have ZERO mainstream media presence whatsoever.

Cody was brought in to be Cena's replacement now he's retired.

He's the one who's on TV, radio, commercials, etc . . . promoting the brand.

Aint nobody sending Gunther to no damn "Tonight Show" :russ:

I like Jey Uso, but he's not a mainstream star, either.

Y'all are making this wayyyy more complex than it needed to be.

Fans are mad because WWE told them Cody was the new guy and built him up as that
Cody winning the title will be a nice moment for him but storyline wise Jey should have been the one to beat Roman imo. Jey breaking the chains, and taking down his evil cousin to become the new chief >>>>Cody winning a belt Dusty didn't.

I like Jey, but Jey's not a Wrestlemania headlining star, yet.

He's still the other Uso brother in the minds of the public.

I think y'all really don't know anything about booking wrestling.

Like the WWE champion is supposed to be "the guy", not just a guy

Lucha Vandross

Rhythm & High Spots
Daps
You’re right.. I made a mistake on that part… his whole goal has been to get to Roman tho since he came back

They messed themselves up tho cuz what’s the point of the chamber now since Rock automatically gets a shot and Cody has to settle for the other 1
Yeah I don't see a point in the men's chamber at all now. Booked themselves into a dumb ass corner unless they do some shyt like having the mid card title shots up for grabs for the winner.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
They're not trying to make him like BD/DB. These idiots are just trying to save face because of the backlash. :dead:
Again…you can’t really blame creative for this. They had shyt planned for Mania, sure the Punk injury and Brock being scratched off might have put a smell wrench into things. But they have the roster depth to pivot into a different direction for those matches.

You gotta remember, according to reports, nobody in creative knew Rock made the deal and they won’t expecting him to make a power play.

It’s wild..he really fukked this up the same way he did DC :pachaha:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Again…you can’t really blame creative for this. They had shyt planned for Mania, sure the Punk injury and Brock being scratched off might have put a smell wrench into things. But they have the roster depth to pivot into a different direction for those matches.

You gotta remember, according to reports, nobody in creative knew Rock made the deal and they won’t expecting him to make a power play.

It’s wild..he really fukked this up the same way he did DC :pachaha:
I don’t know what to believe, but to make a move like that without letting creative know is some irresponsible, amateur shyt. A company as big as the E shouldn’t be doing things like that.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I don’t know what to believe, but to make a move like that without letting creative know is some irresponsible, amateur shyt. A company as big as the E shouldn’t be doing things like that.
Apparently the only people that knew was Nick Khan and Ari Emmanuel. And they expected Rock vs. Roman to happen either at Saudi or at next year’s WM because they already had plans set for this year.

But after Punk got injured Rock pulled his board member power at that moment and here we are.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
They're not trying to make him like BD/DB. These idiots are just trying to save face because of the backlash. :dead:
Well said. They fukked up so now they gotta tuck their tails between their legs and unfortunately Hunter has to clean the entire shyt stains :mjlol:

"You see! That's why you gotta let it play out" :mjlol:

And can we let this narrative go away that just because Punk got injured that somehow that correlates to the Rock wanting a match now? What the fukk does Rock have to do with Seth vs Punk? I know punk gotta be mad knowing his injury is being thrown around as the excuse to change Cody vs Rhodes. And it seems like TKO & Rock's camp are leaking information to blame each other for that awful booking decision.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I gotta say, I'm kinda surprised people aren't at least interested in how Rock reacts to the crowd turning on this new WM plan.

He's at his best when he's reacting in the moment and not doing the same old shtick. If this mean we getting Hollywood Rock back it would be a perfect scenario, imo.

If people are booing on Thursday it would be shocking if he doesn't just improvises on the spot and starts being a cocky a$$hole heel.