So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Nah, I don't think they clued him in, but even still, Rock could've booked himself to win the Rumble if that's the case.
Granted if they did that and had Rock throw Cody out last, it would make more sense than supposedly Cody giving Rock his spot, but I guarantee you the outrage from Cody Stans would be the same if not greater.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Granted if they did that and had Rock throw Cody out last, it would make more sense than supposedly Cody giving Rock his spot, but I guarantee you the outrage from Cody Stans would be the same if not greater.
Exactly, but I'm all about the shyt making sense. My whole thing with this is just getting some understanding and if this report is true, then it's a fukked up situation and I do feel for Cody.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Seems like they made one critical mistake and that’s not have Rock win the Rumble. I watched the rumble and I’m pretty sure everyone thought rock would be #30 especially after the initial head of the table tease and when he wasn’t, ppl just accepted him not coming in

The fact that Cody has been built for 3 years now on 1 goal just to get closer again and give it away is what makes no sense… now all of a sudden everyone is acting like they didn’t wanna see Rock vs Reigns

They should’ve either had Rock be #30 and win to go on and face Reigns which would’ve had less backlash than how they did it or have Rock guest ref the Cody match to make sure Reigns can’t cheat again to set up Rock vs Reigns next year cuz regardless of what ppl may think, the whole bloodline angle has to end with Rock and Reigns.. Cody is not the endgame for the bloodline story
It’s only been 1 year of Cody dealing with Roman and almost 2 years since he’s been back :dahell:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
People take wrestling way too serious man lol
and the sad part is, da philly crowd is probably gonna boo and troll the shyt out of the match like they did for brock vs goldberg and ruin da whole vibe of the event
I agree 100% but you gotta blame WWE for creating this toxic situation. They invested 2 years into Cody and in return has gained him a huge following of fans that are deeply invested in him and “The Story”.

As a result of that they created a monster.

And I rock with Cody….i love pro wrestling but there’s fans out here that are willing to die behind this shyt on the extreme tip.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
One of the funniest things about this thread is people falling for the merchandise rankings :mjlol: Y'all sound like Booth posters who believe streaming numbers are real.

First of all, The Rock has a bunch of new T-shirts. Obviously they are going to outsell shyt that's been on the shelves for a year. They are brand new. :mjlol:

Daps
IMO there's a number of different scenarios that would've been preferable to the one we're in

1. WM39 Rock/Roman, Roman wins. Sami/Jey/Drew win RR beat Roman at WM40. This timeline Cody doesnt win RR last year and doesnt intersect with Roman.
2. WM39 Cody/Roman, Cody wins title. clear path to Roman/Rock at WM40.
3. WM39 Cody/Roman, Roman wins. Cody wins RR beats Roman at WM40 with Rock as special guest enforcer. Rock Rockbottoms Solo, raises Cody's hand and clear path to Roman/Rock at WM41.

given what we know about superstars not one of them would've let their character be assassinated the way Cody did on the road to Wrestlemania. Put Punk in this exact situation he probably wouldve gotten fired before Smackdown :heh: