So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They wanted it when it makes sense

They don't want it when it doesn't make sense. :yeshrug:

It's like saying, "You wanted this steak dinner last night when you were starving, but now you just ate a whole buffet, you don't want it anymore? What's wrong with you?" :stopitslime:

Literally EVERYBODY who wasn't a WWE stooge thought that Cody should've won last year.:russ:

The idea that it was "too soon" was a completely minority opinion last year.
Cody losing last year didn't make sense..Drew losing that Castle shyt didn't make sense..not putting over Jey Uso didn't make sense after all that build up...lol.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm dying at WWE trying to feed Meltzer that they're doing this with the intent of elevating Cody to be a Daniel Bryan-esque babyface. Cody is already the most over babyface in the entire business right now. How much more over does he need to be :dead:
It's very simple..Double talk Dave is covering his tracks..lol. The booking fukked up by having Cody win...had the Rock been in the Rumble and won the match ..that would be it. But the way they buried the Seth title and the Rock being smart about business in general..things aren't what they seem to be. He could possibly turn heel to serve everything but what matters is..he has the ability to flip everything upside down.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
I think what really bugs me about the way Smackdown ended was how much it buried the Rumble. Fans sit through that long ass match every year so they can start to piece together the RTWM and all it took was one segment to make that Rumble win worthless.

This is like booking malpractice brehs :mjlol:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think what really bugs me about the way Smackdown ended was how much it buried the Rumble. Fans sit through that long ass match every year so they can start to piece together the RTWM and all it took was one segment to make that Rumble win worthless.

This is like booking malpractice brehs :mjlol:
All they had to do was have Rock win the match if they knew they were doing this unless there is a super swerve involved.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
All they had to do was have Rock win the match if they knew they were doing this unless there is a super swerve involved.
Veteran returnees winning the Rumble will never work imo. I think even Punk would have been booed just like Batista was.

If it ain't their chosen golden boy, they will "riot" AKA make signs and threaten people relatives on twitter. :beli:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
IMO there's a number of different scenarios that would've been preferable to the one we're in

1. WM39 Rock/Roman, Roman wins. Sami/Jey/Drew win RR beat Roman at WM40. This timeline Cody doesnt win RR last year and doesnt intersect with Roman.
2. WM39 Cody/Roman, Cody wins title. clear path to Roman/Rock at WM40.
3. WM39 Cody/Roman, Roman wins. Cody wins RR beats Roman at WM40 with Rock as special guest enforcer. Rock Rockbottoms Solo, raises Cody's hand and clear path to Roman/Rock at WM41.

given what we know about superstars not one of them would've let their character be assassinated the way Cody did on the road to Wrestlemania. Put Punk in this exact situation he probably wouldve gotten fired before Smackdown :heh:
We might’ve had brawl out part 2 :lolbron:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Veteran returnees winning the Rumble will never work imo. I think even Punk would have been booed just like Batista was.

If it ain't their chosen golden boy, they will "riot" AKA make signs and threaten people relatives on twitter. :mjlol:
The Rock definitely would not get booed at #30...different level than the Rebel, Cena, Mysterio in that spot. Probably be the biggest pop of the decade. Easily.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s only been 1 year of Cody dealing with Roman and almost 2 years since he’s been back :dahell:
You’re right.. I made a mistake on that part… his whole goal has been to get to Roman tho since he came back

They messed themselves up tho cuz what’s the point of the chamber now since Rock automatically gets a shot and Cody has to settle for the other 1

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
The Rock definitely would not get booed at #30...different level than the Rebel, Cena, Mysterio in that spot. Probably be the biggest pop of the decade. Easily.
I don't know, breh. Rock was one of those wrestlers that I never thought the crowds would would boo again but here we are.

They trying to "yes movement" Cody but Cody ain't Danielson.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Seems like they made one critical mistake and that’s not have Rock win the Rumble. I watched the rumble and I’m pretty sure everyone thought rock would be #30 especially after the initial head of the table tease and when he wasn’t, ppl just accepted him not coming in

The fact that Cody has been built for 3 years now on 1 goal just to get closer again and give it away is what makes no sense… now all of a sudden everyone is acting like they didn’t wanna see Rock vs Reigns

They should’ve either had Rock be #30 and win to go on and face Reigns which would’ve had less backlash than how they did it or have Rock guest ref the Cody match to make sure Reigns can’t cheat again to set up Rock vs Reigns next year cuz regardless of what ppl may think, the whole bloodline angle has to end with Rock and Reigns.. Cody is not the endgame for the bloodline story

It doesn't NEED to.... It can end with the new era of the family settling it themselves. Rock is a 51 year old man.. he don't need to be in another story. His story was Austin, Foley, HHH. Then later on it was Cena.

Mob H

All Star
Daps
The funniest thing about all this is them trying to make me believe that the guy who's front and center on all the promotional material, is on the cover of the new game, has local news segments done on him, and does WrestleMania ticket giveaways for kids is some scrappy underdog the company doesn't believe in.