So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps

This is the main thing right here. People would have been pissed but I don't think the reactions would be like it currently is if Cody did not win the rumble

Him winning the rumble, just for him to give up what he wanted to win the rumble for is bad writing. It was a long build up to that point too, and he says "here Rock you can have my match" :dahell:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This is the main thing right here. People would have been pissed but I don't think the reactions would be like it currently is if Cody did not win the rumble

Him winning the rumble, just for him to give up what he wanted to win the rumble for is bad writing. It was a long build up to that point too, and he says "here Rock you can have my match" :dahell:
The only thing creatively that makes any sense here is using it as an opportunity to turn Cody Rhodes into a martyr, which is the equivalent of making chicken salad out of chicken shyt. The Pprocess of how we got there is beyond fukking stupid though. It's as if the higher ups made the deal to get the Rock the match vs. Roman at Mania then didn't communicate it to anyone in creative until this past Friday at like 7 pm.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
This entire clusterfukk is on WWE's booking and I actually feel bad for Roman/Rock if this is what they going with. How the fukk do they pick the worst possible route to this match? They have Cody win the rumble, basically confirm Roman/Cody with the point and then have him go out there and look like a bytch and step aside for Rock. None of it makes any sense from a story or booking perspective.

With that said, it's very clear that the wrestling/dc comics combo nerds have had it out for Rock since Black Adam. :laff: I saw this unhinged ass post on SC yesterday where some dude wrote a novel sized rant about the DC cinematic universe in the middle of a post that was supposed to be discussing Cody/Roman. That shyt was upvoted like he dropped an online version of Punk's pipebomb when it read like the unhinged ramblings of a lunatic. :dead:

I hope they go with Roman/Rock just so I can read some more novels about how Fugazi Black Adam has it out for Cody.

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People take wrestling way too serious man lol
and the sad part is, da philly crowd is probably gonna boo and troll the shyt out of the match like they did for brock vs goldberg and ruin da whole vibe of the event

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Seems like they made one critical mistake and that’s not have Rock win the Rumble. I watched the rumble and I’m pretty sure everyone thought rock would be #30 especially after the initial head of the table tease and when he wasn’t, ppl just accepted him not coming in

The fact that Cody has been built for 3 years now on 1 goal just to get closer again and give it away is what makes no sense… now all of a sudden everyone is acting like they didn’t wanna see Rock vs Reigns

They should’ve either had Rock be #30 and win to go on and face Reigns which would’ve had less backlash than how they did it or have Rock guest ref the Cody match to make sure Reigns can’t cheat again to set up Rock vs Reigns next year cuz regardless of what ppl may think, the whole bloodline angle has to end with Rock and Reigns.. Cody is not the endgame for the bloodline story

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
People take wrestling way too serious man lol
and the sad part is, da philly crowd is probably gonna boo and troll the shyt out of the match like they did for brock vs goldberg and ruin da whole vibe of the event

If they do it will be their own fault :manny:

Don't have Cody win the rumble and we don't have this situation.
By now the fans would have gotten over him not getting the Mania match this year and people would have got behind this match.

It's not like this isn't a match people wanted to see, just how they got to it was literally the worst way possible lol.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just a reminder that this is fake and no one “deserves” a fake championship belt or the chance at one. I could understand kids getting upset but there are grown men threatening to not shower the rest of the year over this :skip:

Last edited: