So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The wild part about ALL of this is that you can’t really blame Triple H and creative. You have to put all this blame on The Rock. He literally used his political corporate power to strong arm his way to the main event and forced their hand making everybody (including him) look stupid :pachaha:

The fact some of yall are being purposely dense on this and confused why there is a huge backlash to this choice is literally :mindblown: to me. I get some of yall don’t like Cody but gotdamn man. I watch the same damn shows every week and since he lost to Roman last year the fans cheered louder and louder for him.

Even I don’t care for Cody like that but I know what i see on TV. That man is over as fukk and of COURSE they gonna be extremely upset that the man they put 2 years in invest in gets pushed to the side for a dude coming in from Hollywood who is only showing up to get his celebrity status up.

The fact some of yall are damn near gas lighting people into shutting up and excepting it just shows how Vince McMahon really poisoned your mind into accepting shyt and liking how it taste.

No pun intended :whoa:

hunter play pimping vince would have buried cody's corny ass with booking month's ago once he knew that the rock roman match was the table for mania

we would bruned out cody/roman by now would booked it at day one with a fukked finish than had roman go over clean at the rumble then enter "The Rock" for mania

like thes idoit coudn't see a possible daniel bryan situation happing:stopitslime:

would have got the cody finsh the story shyt out of the way and off the table at mania that simple

Last edited:

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Cody winning didn't make any sense.

Y'all just like poor, superficial storytelling. Cody wins based on what? Because he beat Seth Rollins and was injured, won the Royal Rumble, and wants to "finish the story"?

Jey, Sami, Jimmy, Bobby, and Gunther had better reasons for beating Roman w/ already built-in storylines that made more sense than Cody Rhodes who was out for damn near a year because he couldn't bench correctly.

Cody fans are about as bland as the guy they stan.

:mjlol:
Cody winning the title will be a nice moment for him but storyline wise Jey should have been the one to beat Roman imo. Jey breaking the chains, and taking down his evil cousin to become the new chief >>>>Cody winning a belt Dusty didn't.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
hunter play pimping vince would have buried cody's corny ass with booking month's ago once he knew that the rock roman match was the table for mania

we would bruned out cody/roman by now would booked it day one with a fukked finish than had roman go over clean at the rumble then enter "The Rock" for mania

like thes idoit coudn't see a possible daniel bryan situation happing:stopitslime:
Well actually….

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think the pretty simple fix is to have Cody challenge and beat Roman at Elimination Chamber (idc if he's not advertised for it, WWE needs to pony up to clean their mess) and then have Rock vs Roman be for the title of Tribal Chief rather than have a belt on the line. At least then there's some intrigue on who would win the Rock/Roman match

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Cody winning the title will be a nice moment for him but storyline wise Jey should have been the one to beat Roman imo. Jey breaking the chains, and taking down his evil cousin to become the new chief >>>>Cody winning a belt Dusty didn't.
That should’ve been the main event of wrestlemania 38 as opposed to Roman vs Brock part 500

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think the pretty simple fix is to have Cody challenge and beat Roman at Elimination Chamber (idc if he's not advertised for it, WWE needs to pony up to clean their mess) and then have Rock vs Roman be for the title of Tribal Chief rather than have a belt on the line. At least then there's some intrigue on who would win the Rock/Roman match

I could honestly see them have Rock beat Roman at WM and then drop the title to Cody at SummerSlam.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It will be very interesting to see how the crowd reacts in Philly if this goes through as planned. I actually don't see the crowd Goldberg/Brocking the match since Roman will still be there. They both aren't leaving. I see a crowd fully behind Roman instead after the initial We Want Cody chants.

It's funny on a personal level because decades ago as a youngin I wanted Rock to get his getback at HHH/Shawn, on some political level, especially being a young CJmark and hearing bout them wanting Bret to beat Rock clean and Bret refused. But not now - not like this :damn: :damn:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
"I'M GONNA ANGRILY TYPE ON THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW. THIS shyt BETTER BE FIXED WHEN I TUNE INTO RAW, NXT, MAIN EVENT, SMACKDOWN THIS WEEK. AND IT DAMN SURE BETTER BE FIXED WHEN I WATCH THE NEXT PLE!"
oAOUyY0.gif

*bellows out a Cody theme song WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHH to other like minded beards like the care bears combining their powers to show they cared*
carebear-carebears.gif
Care bear countdown, five, four, three, two, one.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I'm dying at WWE trying to feed Meltzer that they're doing this with the intent of elevating Cody to be a Daniel Bryan-esque babyface. Cody is already the most over babyface in the entire business right now. How much more over does he need to be :dead:
It sounds like to me they know they fukked up and are trying to pivot.

According to Meltzer, Rock agreed to be part of the TKO board back in early January and part of that deal was to face Roman. However, they planned on having the match either in Saudi, or at WM 41. Apparently nobody within WWE knew that Rock signed that deal except for Nick Khan and Ari Emmanuel.

In other words..he pulled the same shyt he did with WB/DC

NOW Dave is saying his sources are telling him they are going to make a storyline out of the “We Want Cody” movement and make him into a “martyr” like how they did :bryan:

He asked if they intend to have Rock booed and they didn’t have an answer :mjlol:

Yeah this is gonna be fukkery road to Philly

Last edited:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix

According to Meltzer, Rock agreed to be part of the TKO board back in early January and part of that deal was to face Roman. However, they planned on having the match either in Saudi, or at WM 41. Apparently nobody within WWE knew that Rock signed that deal except for Nick Khan and Ari Emmanuel.

NOW Dave is saying his sources are telling him they are going to make a storyline out of the “We Want Cody” movement and make him into a “martyr” like how they did :bryan:

He asked if they intend to have Rock booed and they didn’t have an answer :mjlol:

Crazy shyt just came to post the video about what Dave said in your post. So I am curious when they actually told HHH? Should have just had Punk win and then figure out his replacement. Even worse that Ari/Khan knew and still had them book Cody to win. My man Rock loves backdooring :pachaha:

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps

fukk ROCK
fukk @R=G

:pacspit:

That's some slimy shyt

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Crazy shyt just came to post the video about what Dave said in your post. So I am curious when they actually told HHH? Should have just had Punk win and then figure out his replacement. Even worse that Ari/Khan knew and still had them book Cody to win. My man Rock loves backdooring :pachaha:

Like i said, they probably had plans to do the match either in Saudi or at WM 41 next year cause they already had plans in motion.

But then when Punk got injured that’s when Rock pulled his “Hoegan politic card.”