So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people are underestimating or downplaying how bad Rock fukked himself in Hollywood, and needs this run to rehab his image. He tried to go over the head of major executives, directly to the President of WB, to pitch himself and his production company as the future of DC movies. He didn't just fail and piss off everyone at Warner Brothers, he showed the rest of the studios what kind of bullshyt he's capable of, and Hollywood is showing him what they think about it. Other than the F&F franchise, does he even have anything else he's working on? Disney definitely isn't going to give him the MCU spot he's been begging for, at least not anytime soon. Dude had to come back, and props to him for pulling off the takeover of WWE that he tried and failed with the DC universe for WB.
It's not really being downplayed. Black Adam was trending earlier:mjlol:

He also got lucky with F&F franchise because I'd understand if Vin Diesel never squashed shyt with him for what he did

• Dap
Reactions: 907

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
nikkas been saying we’re gonna get tired of Cody day 1

Like shut up it hasn’t happened yet, no one cares about this take

A big reason I thought they dropped the ball not giving him the mania win last year was that I was convinced he wouldn't still be as over the following year.
I still think they should have pulled the trigger especially considering what is now happening, but him and WWE have done a good job keeping people invested for the year....

Only to piss it away in the end :mjlol:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Problem is, Cody not facing Roman makes no sense in storyline, leads to Seth vs Cody which we've seen many times recently, and means Cody either has to lose, which cools him off a bit, or he wins and then winning the belt off Roman as his first title doesn't hit the same.

I just watched this segment again... Cody is not wrestling Rollins at Mania. He said and reiterated that his intention is to beat Roman and win THAT title but "finishing the story" isn't just gonna be about taking the title from him, it's about taking EVERYTHING from him.

People are fixated on the Rumble = Mania main event tradition... I get it. But it's not like they've never deviated from that script before and that is all this is.

Cody said "Let me make this abundantly clear- I want that title, matter of fact, I'm moving my own goalpost. I want that title and I'm coming for you, Roman Reigns... but not at WrestleMania." This just means he's not wrestling him at Mania, does not mean he ain't wrestling him period. If there was nothing coming up between now and Mania, that'd be one thing but there is another event coming in the middle of all this. Cody taking the title from Roman is the first part and Roman losing his Tribal Chief status to Rock is the other part.

So what's more likely to happen- Cody Rhodes coming out and just saying "OK, I guess you got me at Mania" to Rollins on Monday, OR him announcing that he's facing Roman for the title a month early? And I'm sure that when this takes place, all people are gonna do is say "ah, they just pivoted and did this cause we had an online riot" but this shyt was lined up to go this way and all people had to do was pay attention to what was being said. The mistake on WWE's part is that they shoulda had Cody announce that shyt altogether because MFs don't like waiting to see what happens next and were destined to go crazy on social media before Monday or next Friday, but :yeshrug:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched this segment again... Cody is not wrestling Rollins at Mania. He said and reiterated that his intention is to beat Roman and win THAT title but "finishing the story" isn't just gonna be about taking the title from him, it's about taking EVERYTHING from him.

People are fixated on the Rumble = Mania main event tradition... I get it. But it's not like they've never deviated from that script before and that is all this is.

Cody said "Let me make this abundantly clear- I want that title, matter of fact, I'm moving my own goalpost. I want that title and I'm coming for you, Roman Reigns... but not at WrestleMania." This just means he's not wrestling him at Mania, does not mean he ain't wrestling him period. If there was nothing coming up between now and Mania, that'd be one thing but there is another event coming in the middle of all this. Cody taking the title from Roman is the first part and Roman losing his Tribal Chief status to Rock is the other part.

So what's more likely to happen- Cody Rhodes coming out and just saying "OK, I guess you got me at Mania" to Rollins on Monday, OR him announcing that he's facing Roman for the title a month early? And I'm sure that when this takes place, all people are gonna do is say "ah, they just pivoted and did this cause we had an online riot" but this shyt was lined up to go this way and all people had to do was pay attention to what was being said. The mistake on WWE's part is that they shoulda had Cody announce that shyt altogether because MFs don't like waiting to see what happens next and were destined to go crazy on social media before Monday or next Friday, but :yeshrug:

If this is what they do, it's a mistake also imo. It diminishes Reigns vs Rock, a lot. The point of that match is to make it as big as possible to draw in everybody possible to watch this one show on Peacock, and maybe they'll stick around. Reigns not having the belt, not having the streak, and just losing last month diminishes that.

Cody winning in Australia and not the WM main event is not ideal for his story either. And they have just 2 weeks to hype this match.