So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
We have to understand that wrestling fans are more smarter than ever before. You don’t have to be a smark to know how bad this decision is. The WWE has the largest IWC of any wrestling company. It’s not just a small sample size that are angry and upset. The fact that this has become major news outside the wrestling sphere is wild. That says a lot….

I dont know for sure but I’m certain that a lot of people bought tickets assuming that Cody would face Roman again for the Undisputed champion and complete the story. The Rock is playing a dangerous game right now to where he could draw go away heat.

If this is a newly added sub plot to Cody’s storyline that ends with him winning on another ple? Oh ok cool. To Cody’s credit the fans have stayed with him since he lost to Roman. But how much longer can you wait? Eventually it’s gonna lose steam.

That segment did nobody any favors. It was sloppily executed. Seth got buried 6 feet into the ground by Roman. Cody looks like a dope now. The Rock is getting heavily criticized and people are tired of Roman’s reign on top that’s handicapped other wrestlers.

That’s why it’s getting panned. I hope they got a very good solution because otherwise it’s gonna be a complete disaster at Wrestlemania 40.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Been saying it for a minute now but Rock has lost a lot of self awarness.

When a movie gets panned hes juelzing with people on social media (See Baywatch when he was copping please to strangers on twitter)
There was the whole last minute messing around with last year's mania and just big boying WWE as a whole (his 25th anniversary)
Him trying to takeover DC (and bring in Henry who they share a manager with ) only to get the boot
Now this.

Man's been moving funny and hes gonna realized there is a proper Dwayne Johnson backlash forming if he doesnt sort of have some self awarness. We see this with guy's who wanna be liked too much (Tom Cruise, Will Smith) they start making bad decisions and everything backfires.
This is crybaby sissy shyt. He's a icon. There is no fukking Big boying anything. Raw would of bombed in 2000 without the Rock. Cody, Roman, Jey, Jade, Charlotte, Miz, Sasha, Becky, Lashley, Bray Wyatt have all ate off his plate..doing fake People Elbows..inverted Rock Bottom..trying to copy him on the mic. Cody was booked to win and they gave him a silly reason to give it up. Not to mention had Roman bury the hell out of Seth. Everybody keeps forgetting that this whole situation pretty much $hits on Seth Rollins like nobody else..talk about killing a titles relevance.

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Been saying it for a minute now but Rock has lost a lot of self awarness.

When a movie gets panned hes juelzing with people on social media (See Baywatch when he was copping please to strangers on twitter)
There was the whole last minute messing around with last year's mania and just big boying WWE as a whole (his 25th anniversary)
Him trying to takeover DC (and bring in Henry who they share a manager with ) only to get the boot

Now this.

Man's been moving funny and hes gonna realized there is a proper Dwayne Johnson backlash forming if he doesnt sort of have some self awarness. We see this with guy's who wanna be liked too much (Tom Cruise, Will Smith) they start making bad decisions and everything backfires.
Let’s not forget how he is forced to bend the knee to Vin Diesel for the “Fast & The Furious” franchise after “Hobbs & Shaw” didn’t do well enough. Or “Young Rock” getting cancelled. On top of the XFL merging and becoming the UFL so it can stay afloat.

Rock been lowkey taking L’s…and now he done pissed off the one fan base he thought would always be loyal to him.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
We have to understand that wrestling fans are more smarter than ever before. You don’t have to be a smark to know how bad this decision is. The WWE has the largest IWC of any wrestling company. It’s not just a small sample size that are angry and upset. The fact that this has become a major news stories outside the wrestling sphere is wild. That says a lot….

I dont know for sure but I’m certain that a lot of people bought tickets assuming that Cody would face Roman again for the Undisputed champion and complete the story.

The Rock is playing a dangerous game right now to where he could draw go away heat.

If this is a newly added sub plot to Cody’s storyline that ends with him winning on another ple? Oh ok cool. To Cody’s credit the fans have stayed with him since he lost to Roman. But how much longer can you wait? Eventually it’s gonna lose steam.

That segment did nobody any favors. It was sloppily executed.

Seth got buried deep 6 feet into the ground by Roman. Cody looks like a dope now. The Rock is getting heavily criticized and people are getting tired of Roman’s reign on top that’s handicapped other wrestlers.

I hope they got a very good solution because otherwise it’s gonna be a complete disaster at Wrestlemania 40.
The Rock is a master on the mic..no.mattrer what the reaction is..he was born in heel blood...he'll deal with things accordingly.

• Haha
Reactions: 907

Alaskan
Daps
That’s not gonna happen because the man simply doesn’t have “it” anymore.

The Rock (babyface or heel) is dead. What we see now is DJ trying to play as The Rock, but he can’t remember—or what is more likely the truth—simply refuses, to have an actual personality anymore.

When Cena appears, he’s still Cena. Austin‘s still Austin. Hoegan is still a hoe.

But The Rock ain’t The Rock no mo’. :mjcry:

When DJ shows up nowadays, what does he do? He walks out, does that Brock bounce, and shows he has goosebumps. That's not cool (at all), and I never recall seeing him doing anything like that back then.

Speaking of cool, he damn sure doesn't dress "cool" anymore either. He dresses like a has-been never-was ex football player, turned bitter cop on his day off (aka Hobbs).

Even though I thought the vest & leather pants he wore during his Hollywood Rock phase was silly, it made sense because *I* believed that the character believed it was "cool".

The last time I can recall DJ looking cool while performing was Pain & Gain.

(The versace shirts with the bad ass beard) :wow:

But that guy is gone, what we see now is someone who plays it safe because of his Q-score. What we see now is an out of breath, hot water bottle dressed in blue lives matter garb that does a half hearted amateur nostalgia bit that the people go crazy for, because of what he used to be.

You get it.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
When Rock first hinted at this in January. I told folks WWE needs to tread lightly with this cause Cody is by far their most over face since Cena. If they push him aside for a quick cash grab with a “bigger box office” match. You are risking a Daniel Bryan like fan backlash.

Now they pulled something out of Vince McMahon’s handily book by panic booking. And now it’s blowing up in their face.

You got major media outlets reporting about how angry fans are and got angry fans invading Rock’s IG comments. To an extant that he hasn’t seen before…

I fully expect them to pivot on Monday and course correct. If there is one thing Rock hates, it’s getting booed at this point in his career.

shyt gonna get real when he shows up at that public press conference and them fans chant “ROCKY SUCKS!”

If Cody loses the rumble and The Rock challenges Roman, people aren't so mad imo.

People got invested in Cody. I personally think he'll be Sami Zayn status once he wins. People will cheer, but not much going on for him.

Roman is the true star though. He is what makes Cody, Cody. Once Roman goes away, who is there for Cody aside from a heel Randy Orton?

People gonna get bored of Cody with the whole superman, Cena 2.0, "I can overcome any obstacles" gimmick. It is boring.

:manny:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Still 100 times better than anything he was or would have done in AE fukking W

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
If Cody loses the rumble and The Rock challenges Roman, people aren't so mad imo.

People got invested in Cody. I personally think he'll be Sami Zayn status once he wins. People will cheer, but not much going on for him.

Roman is the true star though. He is what makes Cody, Cody. Once Roman goes away, who is there for Cody aside from a heel Randy Orton?

People gonna get bored of Cody with the whole superman, Cena 2.0, "I can overcome any obstacles" gimmick. It is boring.

:manny:
nikkas been saying we’re gonna get tired of Cody day 1

Like shut up it hasn’t happened yet, no one cares about this take

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation

:mjlol:This is "Bootista" all over again
does-that-bother-you-leonard.gif

Tair

Superstar
Daps
nikkas been saying we’re gonna get tired of Cody day 1

Like shut up it hasn’t happened yet, no one cares about this take

You gonna get bored of him 3 months after he beats Roman for the title. Saving your post too.

:ufdup:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
He's pro "anyone but WWE" like alot of wrestling Twitter accounts
I hate those type of accounts— even if it’s pro wwe and anti everything else

Like those guys don’t even feel like real people
You gonna get bored of him 3 months after he beats Roman for the title. Saving your post too.

:ufdup:
I’d gladly take the L if I switch my tune because it means Cody beat Roman at mania