So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
We have to understand that wrestling fans are more smarter than ever before. You don’t have to be a smark to know how bad this decision is. The WWE has the largest IWC of any wrestling company. It’s not just a small sample size that are angry and upset. The fact that this has become major news outside the wrestling sphere is wild. That says a lot….

I dont know for sure but I’m certain that a lot of people bought tickets assuming that Cody would face Roman again for the Undisputed champion and complete the story. The Rock is playing a dangerous game right now to where he could draw go away heat.

If this is a newly added sub plot to Cody’s storyline that ends with him winning on another ple? Oh ok cool. To Cody’s credit the fans have stayed with him since he lost to Roman. But how much longer can you wait? Eventually it’s gonna lose steam.

That segment did nobody any favors. It was sloppily executed. Seth got buried 6 feet into the ground by Roman. Cody looks like a dope now. The Rock is getting heavily criticized and people are tired of Roman’s reign on top that’s handicapped other wrestlers.

That’s why it’s getting panned. I hope they got a very good solution because otherwise it’s gonna be a complete disaster at Wrestlemania 40.

I doubt there were many who specifically bought WM tickets to see Cody finish the story. WM is like the Super Bowl. It's an experience people go to regardless of the card.

Alaskan
Daps
I think people are underestimating or downplaying how bad Rock fukked himself in Hollywood, and needs this run to rehab his image. He tried to go over the head of major executives, directly to the President of WB, to pitch himself and his production company as the future of DC movies. He didn't just fail and piss off everyone at Warner Brothers, he showed the rest of the studios what kind of bullshyt he's capable of, and Hollywood is showing him what they think about it. Other than the F&F franchise, does he even have anything else he's working on? Disney definitely isn't going to give him the MCU spot he's been begging for, at least not anytime soon. Dude had to come back, and props to him for pulling off the takeover of WWE that he tried and failed with the DC universe for WB.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You HAVE to do Rock vs Roman. They just got there the wrong way, and may have used Cody wrong here.

You can keep Cody super over without him facing Reigns and main eventing Mania, but to do so you've gotta get him into a big storyline with a big threat, quickly. What they did with Brock worked perfectly. You could accomplish that with a heel Randy Orton, and maybe also with Gunter. Then Roman beats Rock, gets built up even bigger, Cody wins next yr.

Problem is, Cody not facing Roman makes no sense in storyline, leads to Seth vs Cody which we've seen many times recently, and means Cody either has to lose, which cools him off a bit, or he wins and then winning the belt off Roman as his first title doesn't hit the same.

Rock vs Roman was the smart choice, they just could've handled Cody better

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
There is definitely a racial aspect that I am seeing online with a lot of Cody “fans” :mjpls: I don’t care about no “You’re just using the race card” deflection

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I think people are underestimating or downplaying how bad Rock fukked himself in Hollywood, and needs this run to rehab his image. He tried to go over the head of major executives, directly to the President of WB, to pitch himself and his production company as the future of DC movies. He didn't just fail and piss off everyone at Warner Brothers, he showed the rest of the studios what kind of bullshyt he's capable of, and Hollywood is showing him what they think about it. Other than the F&F franchise, does he even have anything else he's working on? Disney definitely isn't going to give him the MCU spot he's been begging for, at least not anytime soon. Dude had to come back, and props to him for pulling off the takeover of WWE that he tried and failed with the DC universe for WB.

Yea but he can't risk turning the WWE audience against him.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Cody “stole” (Like these marks like to say) the attention away from Sami who had a significant role in the bloodline story for months before.
1786898c-c7d5-445f-9af6-5fc01271e5da_text.gif