So basically Black people are a couple of court cases and a republican president away from being permanent second class citizens

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Still haven't explained how the community can move forward if black boys are blocked from receiving help. At that point there is no community
To be fair this isnt a problem exclusive to the Black community. Its a western society problem (increasingly becoming a Far East problem as well).

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
To be fair this isnt a problem exclusive to the Black community. Its a western society problem (increasingly becoming a Far East problem as well).
Men on Strike

The War against Boys

Boys Adrift

All excellent books on the subject too.

Looking at them in my bookcase right now.

I should reread some of them, shyt still applies. And anything in there goes double for African American boys as well.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
People have advocating this for over a century and we haven't made any considerable progress in that direction.

Instead the plan has been to overwhelmingly vote democrat, "hope" democrats remain in power, and wait until some Supreme Court Justices die, like OP said in his post. And if that's the plan you might as well start packing up and getting ready to head back to the plantation now.

It's simple: white people didn't vote themselves into power, and they're not going to allow themselves to be voted out of power. if they've shown anything, they've shown that. they'll burn this country down, with everything and everyone along with it, before they'd allow that to happen.

This been the plan and no one wants to take responsibility for it either.

Hell, folks don't even want to admit it.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Do you thin black people would have been better off if they could still literally write no black people into the legislation? Because I think a lot of the people who talk about the issues after integration fail to take into account the impact of racism literally being written into the laws has.

they do

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Oh no, we benefited. I think we just forgot who we were dealing with.

Hell, I remember Black people running around on Twitter saying racism would eventually end because the old White generations were dying. It was incredibly dumb and shortsighted because racism is TAUGHT and PASSED DOWN. For whatever reason, folks got convinced that the current crop of white folks wouldn’t grow up to maintain white supremacy like their elders.

When we make gains we can’t rest. Keep pushing forward or maintaining, but don’t think we are changing the hearts and minds of people.
Most of them remember too, they just don't want too :mjlol:
I'm thinking on what green earth is that true on?! I wanna live there because this ain't it :russ:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ok bob...:mjlol: me telling the truth about the govt and how they are keeping us at the bottom is making me an agent...:mjlol: ok...

Like i said

If you so militant.

How did you get all this knowledge as a gateway.
When we never seen you review. Ot one public enemy record. To show you dug in a crate.

Stop flaug'n.

You are a sent off goofie free thought agent.

Who ain't even reviewed a star wars movie. With an order 66. @ORDER_66 username.

Yousa whole agent provocateur clandestine kuklos freethought fraud lacking ass goofie.

Nobody is fooled. You enablin. c00n.

To anyone on the coli. In real life if you encounter these vinyl african medallion frauds. Ask them their favorite public enemy record.

Watch them be confused. Like if they were so militant. Why in the fukk.
have they not reviewed.
the s1w theme music.
or group Behind the s1w's in public enemy.

Miss me with your c00n kuklos bullshyt.
You flaug'n.

Like how did you get on this wave.

when you never even dug in the crate.
for public enemy to stan to start.

Like how sway.

Stop flaug'n.
You tweaking ass goofies are done here. That goes for you and any other switch sider c00n enablers anywhere.

Ol fake vinyl african pleather medallion ass goofie.

Art Barr

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Some of us recognized this during Obama's 2nd term.

This country has a certain pattern. Anti black backlash always follows any little upswing, and this wasn't little: they positioned him as a political messiah, the balm America needed after the 'contentious' (ha!) Bush years. We ALL reacted strongly, because we were supposed to. Think back to those nighttime speeches with the spotlights, all the little stagecraft they used. (Similar to the iconic Ground Zero pics and that 'Mission Accomplished shyt they tried to do for Bush. :mjlol:)

I say all that to say, a certain vibe was set. Both Obama haters and lovers were getting dopamine hits everyday. As history informs us, big highs bring big lows. Disillusioned progressives, the more radical portion of Democratic voters, realized that the party would never move away from neo-liberalism, no matter how much power we gave them. They started peeling off. Occupy happened. ADOS made its first fledgling steps. starting with a viral YC vid when she was still on Boyce. Bernie Bros became a thing, again, former mainline Dems.

This all happened before election day 2016. What made conscientious black voters nervous enough to finally start reconsidering our relationship with the party was that, despite all his fancy education, Obama seemed totally unaware of the danger we were in. He enacted no protections, gave us no special favor. (I also think there's an argument to be made that his ascent knocked out a lot of old school black pols, replacing them with his people.) His own friends were harassed by some cracker police and Obama kissed his ass. He left us naked out here with these crackers and then skipped off to Martha's Vineyard. Trayvon, Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, Mitrice Richardson- say their names.

We started first, just settling on the proper language to describe the changing political landscape. Because it's a modern movement, it's internet based, and so whatever natural hiccups were magnified and disseminated thousand-fold. Then, the people we were advocating for, good black Dems, were informed that we were bots, by Joy Ann Reid, sole negro left standing at MSNBC. And silly nikkas started repeating it, leading to a good eight years of those same good black Dems fighting US instead of fighting the Democratic party. I pointed this out the other day. Any political discussion had in TLR is immediately thwarted by re-directing the rightful wrath of voters to the people who are trying to advocate for them. Slick.

TLdr: ... So here we are, de-fanged and just as naked as we were in 2008, political landscape completely feral. We been seen this coming, that's why we was pressing them so hard.

Meanwhile, watch all these good Dem nikkas in this thread act brand new, like they wasn't just telling us to shut up and vote. I hate fake nikkas. :mjlol:
@HarlemHotMess

Lol, I'm just fukkin wit u. It's kinda cute how you be rejecting nikkas and clapping back at folks. I know them Harlem bytches had they hands full wit you and most of these dudes ain't from Harlem :dame:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
People have advocating this for over a century and we haven't made any considerable progress in that direction.

Instead the plan has been to overwhelmingly vote democrat, "hope" democrats remain in power, and wait until some Supreme Court Justices die, like OP said in his post. And if that's the plan you might as well start packing up and getting ready to head back to the plantation now.

It's simple: white people didn't vote themselves into power, and they're not going to allow themselves to be voted out of power. if they've shown anything, they've shown that. they'll burn this country down, with everything and everyone along with it, before they'd allow that to happen.
I don't think it's an EITHER/OR situation, but both. Make steps towards building own resources & institutions AND make the best decisions in the existing political system.

We disagree about considerable progress having been made towards collective resources and organizations in the last century. Directly because of the actions of AA elected officials, Civil Rights, Black Power organizations, and grassroots activists concessions were made from the govt. during the last 100 years.

Those concessions in the forms of laws and policy opened up access to opportunities that are open to us today. That were not available to Black people in 1924. We literally stand on the shoulders of the people willing to risk life, freedom, livelihood to advocate for change.

What we decide to do with those resources that we now have access to is on us. And there have been public examples of the best and brightest from our communities leading the way towards building/strengthening those resources and funding the modern day agitators.,

HBCU presidents, Heads of Black religious organizations, Business leaders, etc

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
The average Black women isn’t even aware of this.

We talking about the White House and the courts.
The average black woman is absolutely aware of the my brothers keeper situation. Yall formed like voltron to have the program shut down lmfao.
Another lie. you just got caught in another lie

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Like i said

If you so militant.

How did you get all this knowledge as a gateway.
When we never seen you review. Ot one public enemy record. To show you dug in a crate.

Stop flaug'n.

You are a sent off goofie free thought agent.

Who ain't even reviewed a star wars movie. With an order 66. @ORDER_66 username.

Yousa whole agent provocateur clandestine kuklos freethought fraud lacking ass goofie.

Nobody is fooled. You enablin. c00n.

To anyone on the coli. In real life if you encounter these vinyl african medallion frauds. Ask them their favorite public enemy record.

Watch them be confused. Like if they were so militant. Why in the fukk.
have they not reviewed.
the s1w theme music.
or group Behind the s1w's in public enemy.

Miss me with your c00n kuklos bullshyt.
You flaug'n.

Like how did you get on this wave.

when you never even dug in the crate.
for public enemy to stan to start.

Like how sway.

Stop flaug'n.
You tweaking ass goofies are done here. That goes for you and any other switch sider c00n enablers anywhere.

Ol fake vinyl african pleather medallion ass goofie.

Art Barr
...are you on crack?!?:dwillhuh:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown: You don't get it. They let this happen. Some of us watched it in real time, here yall come, LATE.

Obama had SC pics and got punked, where tf was the party??? Are the Republicans the only ones with lawyers?? Why can't Dems fight anything, ever? What the fukk is they doing?? Why will no one answer this???
The Dems only drag Obama out once it gets close to the Election.
:pachaha:

I remember dudes on here posting about all the work Obama is gonna put in for us after he leaves office.
:mjlol:
He gave all that money to Wall Street and dipped.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Uh no. Unless discrimination laws are going away, everything Blum is doing can be reversed on white people and other anti-blacks :snoop: You need to move smarter and stop staying your only doing something for black people in public and just give the money to black people. :beli: Feel sorry for divestors' fund getting the :camby:, brehs.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
We've been "second class" from the jump. But why do we act like these people control our success? Work on yourself and I promise you you'll never give a fukk about who is running what in politics. My money has never changed (negatively) no matter who is office because I continue to gain skills and only worry about me and mine...

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Black folks are in this position because we are the least 'married'

We will never get any progress as single individuals

Marriage is the start to us being in a better situation