So basically Black people are a couple of court cases and a republican president away from being permanent second class citizens

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
All this court case suing shyt really had me in the shower like :dahell:

These judges have basically decided that anything designed to help Black people after being disenfranchised for years is "racist." Okay.

So now dudes are talking about working on zipcodes and shyt. But the same cracker ass cracker judges can just say that disproportionately helps Black people and is therefore "racist" as well, can't they? :dahell:

"That's unconstitutional" you might say. So then we sue. And then it goes to... the white supremacist Supreme Court that Trump picked, and gets shot down in another 6-3 decision :dahell:

So basically all these judges that trump picked are set up to rewrite the rules so that we can't be helped and that everything is "standard." But "standard" in a majority white country favors... white people. What we gonna do? They can literally say its constitutional in a 6-3 decision :dahell:

The only recourse is that they might be moving slow and playing cute right now because we have a democratic president. But if they get a republican, really, what the fukk are you gonna do? Violent unrest? The republican president calls down the national guard.:dahell: Play the legal game? 6-3 nikka :dahell:

If we really be real we already lost in 2016 and now we're holding on by a hair. We need Dems in the oval office until one of the older supreme justices (ideally two) die so shyt can be saved and we can back on track. otherwise that's a wrap for decades, maybe centuries
OP ⬆️⬆️
Well yeah. You know what were doing in the meantime? Making "black wife effect" tiktoks.

I think its that a lot of people dont care. If you look at black tiktok or black twitter, they're jsut posting black wife effect or caitlyn clark discourse.
Out of all of the responses on the first page, these are your first two posts.

What. The. Hell.

Black ppl have been posting stupid content for more than the last 3 weeks (Black wife effect).

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
(This nikka really slow, I'm trynna be nice.)

Who the president surrounds himself with matters. It informs the issues an administration will focus on. Bill Clinton probably had more black advisors than Obama (I'm only vaguely recalling, I was in hs). Naturally, he didn't listen to them when it mattered, but we expected more from a man who advertised himself as black.

Look at Chicago politics. Bp were enough of a force to send the first 'black' president to Washington, but Obama's boy Rahm became mayor, had black sites where bm were tortured, and the black politics of Chicago been on a downturn ever since. Rahm closed schools for funding reasons, the city opened them back up for migrants, and the black residents are largely powerless. This is a vast change. Pay attention to what's going on around you.

Tavis and Cornel were not wrong. You forget that they were kinda speaking for us at the time. Cornel had written Race Matters, Tavis had his State of the Black Union, we were discussing our issues in a national forum and reaching some conclusions about our future. Obama cutting them out said a lot about the direction he would take. I denied it at the time, but in retrospect, the old heads was right. The argument you're mindlessly repeating is the one put out by MSNBC and them. I don't trust them to have my best interests in mind, but you do you.

I dunno why you bother, everyone is already set in their ways at this point.

If you don't do X, you are the outgroup now.

Blame blame blame.

Folks all tribed up arguing under a meteor coming down on all of us.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Do you thin black people would have been better off if they could still literally write no black people into the legislation? Because I think a lot of the people who talk about the issues after integration fail to take into account the impact of racism literally being written into the laws has.
Oh no, we benefited. I think we just forgot who we were dealing with.

Hell, I remember Black people running around on Twitter saying racism would eventually end because the old White generations were dying. It was incredibly dumb and shortsighted because racism is TAUGHT and PASSED DOWN. For whatever reason, folks got convinced that the current crop of white folks wouldn’t grow up to maintain white supremacy like their elders.

When we make gains we can’t rest. Keep pushing forward or maintaining, but don’t think we are changing the hearts and minds of people.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

Blame blame blame.

Exactly!

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California

Blame blame blame.

This is a cop out. Brehs alrrady tried this "let's move on" in the 1970s. After the panthers and BLA got taken down, brehs didn't treat the treachery that led to their downfall. For this reason many more Elaine Browns and Jay Kennedy types were used from that moment onwards. It's why the same dynamic exists today. Look at how black academia acts when you even SUGGEST that black boys get hell? Explain this:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Ok. Let's say we ignore the tutorial and we choose to "move on". How exactly do you get around black academia (which is full of Elaine Brown types) trying to sabotaged any progress we make towards helping black kids? You won't address this and will skip it. What's the justification for this @Gloxina

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
It definitely started during Obama's 2nd term.

During President Obama's second term, significant changes occurred in voting rights due to the Supreme Court's decision in **Shelby County v. Holder** in 2013. This ruling declared Section 4(b) of the Voting Rights Act unconstitutional, effectively nullifying the preclearance requirement of Section 5. This requirement had mandated that jurisdictions with histories of discriminatory voting practices obtain federal approval before changing voting laws or practices. The removal of this requirement led to various states implementing more restrictive voting laws without federal oversight

REFs:

Justice.gov
Britanica.

Following the **Shelby County** decision, several states moved quickly to pass new voting regulations. For instance:

1. **Alabama** implemented a strict photo ID law shortly after the ruling and later attempted to close many driver's license offices, primarily in areas with significant Black populations.

Ref:
Shelby decision did a decade of harm to voting rights

2. **North Carolina** passed a photo ID law, which was later struck down in 2016 as it was found to target African Americans with "almost surgical precision".
3. **Georgia** undertook massive voter purges, removing over half a million voters from the rolls in a single day in 2017, many for not voting in previous elections.
4. Other states such as Mississippi and Texas also introduced similar voter ID laws and other restrictive measures.

Thank you ChatGPT :wow:

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
This is a cop out. Brehs alrrady tried this "let's move on" in the 1970s. After the panthers and BLA got taken down, brehs didn't treat the treachery that led to their downfall. For this reason many more Elaine Browns and Jay Kennedy types were used from that moment onwards. It's why the same dynamic exists today. Look at how black academia acts when you even SUGGEST that black boys get hell? Explain this:

What specifically did I say that is a cop out? I'm not following your narrative.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Been advocating here for years for people to come together and pool resources and build up our own institutions and organizations.
People have advocating this for over a century and we haven't made any considerable progress in that direction.

Instead the plan has been to overwhelmingly vote democrat, "hope" democrats remain in power, and wait until some Supreme Court Justices die, like OP said in his post. And if that's the plan you might as well start packing up and getting ready to head back to the plantation now.

It's simple: white people didn't vote themselves into power, and they're not going to allow themselves to be voted out of power. if they've shown anything, they've shown that. they'll burn this country down, with everything and everyone along with it, before they'd allow that to happen.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Ok. Let's say we ignore the tutorial and we choose to "move on". How exactly do you get around black academia (which is full of Elaine Brown types) trying to sabotaged any progress we make towards helping black kids? You won't address this and will skip it. What's the justification for this @Gloxina
What do you want me to say about this one Black female professor? Yes it’s wrong to attack a program focused on Black boys.

Cool. So can we get back to the actual people in power and how we need to keep Trump out this November?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
What do you want me to say about this one Black female professor? Yes it’s wrong to attack a program focused on Black boys.

Cool. So can we get back to the actual people in power and how we need to keep Trump out this November?
It's not one person lol. Her and an entire group of black women have been going around blocking programs for black boys yet there are hundreds of black girls only programs (black girls code for example). You can't move on if you don't treat the tutorial. Yall compalin about these black men growing up but block the avenues to help them. You can't fight white supremacy while handicapping your boys, doesn't work fhat way. Trump winning doesn't matter as we are already on the pathway to second class citizenship due to the neglect of black bots since the 1970s.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
It's not one person lol. Her and an entire group of black women have been going around blocking programs for black boys yet there are hundreds of black girls only programs (black girls code for example). You can't move on if you don't treat the tutorial. Yall compalin about these black men growing up but block the avenues to help them. You can't fight white supremacy while handicapping your boys, doesn't work fhat way. Trump winning doesn't matter as we are already on the pathway to second class citizenship due to the neglect of black bots since the 1970s.
The average Black women isn’t even aware of this.

We talking about the White House and the courts.