Snyder had a plan & Infinity War makes me wish WB had let him do his thing

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
BvS was his vision and it was sloppy as fukk

Nevermind that his vision is simply NOT what audiences want to see (depressed Superman, killer Batman, etc.)
Batman killing people was stupid as hell

but that warehouse scene was probably the goat moment in Batman cinema history

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman killing was a recent thing which I'm guessing was started with Robin dying. Clark mentions it when he is investigating Batman.

Seeing him become the icon would have been much more awarding if Snyder could've finished his Superman arc.
We could've seen Superman vs Darkseid :noah:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Comicbook universes are an amalgamation. That's a problem in of itself.

The thing about comicbook characters is that, when an individual character/property reaches a certain level of popularity, they start to gain their own orbit. Meaning, they become bigger than the company they come from:

Superman is bigger than DC comics.
Batman is bigger than DC comics.
Wonder woman is bigger than DC comics.

These are A-List characters on their own. Bigger than some whole movie franchises.

when that happens you have a situation where a character's fanbase stretches across different media and promotional formats. Comics, radio shows, movies, TV shows, toys, lunchoboxes, bed and bath gear, school paraphernalia.

Which means that you have genuine fans of a character, that grew up with that single character, without indulging it's parent medium(comics) or caring about the rules of the canon said character is lifted from. So you'll have fans with a perception of what the character should be, that doesn't necessarily mesh with the rest of the universe the character comes from.

You can be a huge superman or batman fan without having read a single comic book in your life. You can't say the same for say, Amadeus cho, or Eden fesi.

In other words, for a movie director to be a fan of fukkin Eden fesi, he has to have been that much into comics, to where he would have enough reverence for it as a medium to execute a movie adaptation respectfully. Whereas someone can fukk w/ superman and still think comic fans are geeks, or children, so if they have an idea for a superman movie, they'll either dismiss the rules of the genre flatout, or they'll execute it reluctantly in a :troll: sort of way.

In a one-off flick that can work artistically. But if you're translating a whole canon with multiple IPs from one storytelling medium to another, that level of irreverence will lead to disaster.

and that's what happend w/ Snyder and the DC Movieverse.

in order for a shared universe to work, you've gotta pre-establish some rules to keep wild ideas in check.

Marvel got lucky because the characters that were bigger than Marvel were sold to Sony, Fox, etc.. As much as we wanted those characters back, their absence was a blessing in disguise. Outside of that, they realise how easy it is for continuity to crash, so they're treading carefully tone and narrative wise, making each film a contained story, and painting by numbers.

DC had 3 characters with their own orbit, and they didn't realise the potential disaster from that cause it was WB steering the ship. They're heading toward a crisis on infinite earths scenario in fukkin movies, and their first run at a shared universe hasn't even taken off yet...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Zack Snyder is a hack and probably the worst person outside of Michael Bay that comes to mind.

He was given complete control and he gave us Batman vs Superman. fukk him and WB and Nolan for recommending him.
I'm sorry Nolan recommended this Clown¿

:mjlol: Nolan fans jall gosssom essplaaynin 2 dooooooooooo

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That clip of the deleted scene from Justice League with Luthor out of jail and Deathstroke talking about forming the Legion of Doom.

fukk man........ All they had to do was take their time.....
sbihph.jpg

MoS was dope. fukk yall. :birdman:

Daps
Reppin

breh

I rewatched Man of Steel last night

As much as I loved Avengers Infinity War there's nothing in that film fukking with any of Man of Steel's action scenes (The airport scene in Cap: Civil War comes close/ties Snyders best though, I must admit)

Why do you guys hate a man who brought you so much visual piff? (especially when others haven't)

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh

As much as I loved Avengers Infinity War there's nothing in that film fukking with any of Man of Steel's action scenes (The airport scene in Civil War comes close/ties Snyders best though, I must admit)

Why do you guys hate a man who brought you so much visual piff? (especially when others haven't)
Breh you're defending a guy who cast that train wreck version of Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman, a guy who is on the record saying how stupid it looks for Superheroes communicating with one another in their costumes.

A guy who decided to cast Affleck to play an old ass Batman who is at the end of his journey in a Superman sequel.
This whole universe is a train wreck and you have to be a special type of inept to get fired on a movie you've 90% completed shooting by an inept studio.

Daps
Reppin
Breh you're defending a guy who cast that train wreck version of Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman, a guy who is on the record saying how stupid it looks for Superheroes communicating with one another in their costumes.

A guy who decided to cast Affleck to play an old ass Batman who is at the end of his journey in a Superman sequel.
This whole universe is a train wreck and you have to be a special type of inept to get fired on a movie you've 90% completed shooting by an inept studio.
sh1t looks beautiful tho

:lupe:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh

As much as I loved Avengers Infinity War there's nothing in that film fukking with any of Man of Steel's action scenes (The airport scene in Cap: Civil War comes close/ties Snyders best though, I must admit)

Winter Soldier action scenes were much closer, I think

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

He wasn’t his first or second choice by all accounts and got in by default. What people don’t realise was that MOS was Goyer life line to try and hang on to success in the movie business. It was during TDKR that Goyer pitched the idea to Nolan because he knew the days of riding Nolan coattails were done and still wanted an in into big movies.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
breh

Its funny when praise for MOS is dished out all people ever say is “the action was dope breh”:mjlol:nothing else but that. Well some say the same thing about the transformers movie and it doesn’t mean they are not trash. I will give Snyder his props he has an eye for great action and can create beautiful looking scenes but that’s about it. Not even trying to hate on him but if you watch his interviews he isn’t even articulate and struggles to convey what he means.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Its funny when praise for MOS is dished out all people ever say is “the action was dope breh”:mjlol:nothing else but that. Well some say the same thing about the transformers movie and it doesn’t mean they are not trash. I will give Snyder his props he has an eye for great action and can create beautiful looking scenes but that’s about it. Not even trying to hate on him but if you watch his interviews he isn’t even articulate and struggles to convey what he means.

He has dyslexia

Dyslexia and Superhero Film Director Zack Snyder

He even admitted that he draws out scenes instead of writing them because it's hard for him to write.