Smile 2 - Official Teaser Trailer (2024) Naomi Scott, Rosemarie DeWitt

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That guy laying out how it works and explaining that shes being hunted it by it, while actually being the demon, wouldnt make sense imo
On one hand, I could see that scene being the last time she was in control, and everything after that being the demon. Dude basically said this is your chance. But the seat behind her literally had “you’re fukked” written on it, so the demon coulda already been on her shyt.

On the other hand, I could see that all being the demon capping to fw her the whole time, because the first one said the only way to get out was to kill somebody else with a witness, and spread it to them that way. We know for a fact that’s a solution, and dude did all that research and didn’t know that one. Or he just didn’t wanna tell her that was one

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Y’all think the demon will have infected the whole crowd, or would it only be able to do one person at a time? The former would take the sequel to a whole different place. Apocalyptic shyt
I’m hoping it’s the former. Double the budget and let them GO THERE. I mean why else would it have that ending, that’s gotta be where they go. And then end the trilogy on that note. Something completely different in part 3. It’ll go down as one of the best horror trilogies of the decade if they pull it off. Easy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Movie was dope but....

If you read earlier in the thread, I called the last scene before it even came out, back in June. :mjlol:

I don't hold it against the movie but it was kinda obvious how it would end, given the monster infected a celebrity.

The only major issue I have is, we don't know how much of the movie actually happened. The whole middle section was obviously a fake out....did dude who tried to help her even exist? If he did, where did he go?

Even then it's more curiosity than a complaint.

It's possible someone already explained/figured out what I said, but I just got out like 20 minutes ago so this is just my initial reaction.

Fred.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Movie was dope but....

If you read earlier in the thread, I called the last scene before it even came out, back in June. :mjlol:

I don't hold it against the movie but it was kinda obvious how it would end, given the monster infected a celebrity.

The only major issue I have is, we don't know how much of the movie actually happened. The whole middle section was obviously a fake out....did dude who tried to help her even exist? If he did, where did he go?

It's possible someone already explained/figured out what I said, but I just got out like 20 minutes ago so this is just my initial reaction.

Fred.
I don’t think it’s an indictment on a movie to have a predictable ending, if it’s executed well. Like you said, it was pretty obviously set up to the point they would have probably had a disappointing ending trying to avoid it. But that’s why I stay as blind as possible to movies I want to see these days, but from the first trailer you assume that’s where they’d go with it, because it would be interesting to see play out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think it’s an indictment on a movie to have a predictable ending, if it’s executed well. Like you said, it was pretty obviously set up to the point they would have probably had a disappointing ending trying to avoid it. But that’s why I stay as blind as possible to movies I want to see these days, but from the first trailer you assume that’s where they’d go with it, because it would be interesting to see play out.

Nah definitely not an indictment but I would've liked to be surprised. But whatever, it's nothing I hold against it.

However....

At some point I'd like to see someone "win".

When I say win I don't necessarily mean a happy ending I mean like "Dream Warriors" where people know the rules and are like "ok f*ck it, let's get it."

Dude at the start from the last movie technically won, even though he died, because he broke the chain.

Side note, an alternate title for this should be "Crash Out: The Movie". :mjlol:

Fred.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Movie was dope but....

Fred.
I hope Parker doesn’t come out and confirm anything. Just leave it ambiguous and let the viewers interpret what was real versus what was a delusion. The way this entry managed to blur those lines was one of the few things it did better than the original, IMO.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
On par with the first, this descent into madness was far more frantic than the first.

Pros
Making her a former junkie adds another layer of reason for why people are skeptical of anything she says/does.

jump scares, they got me to jump like 3 times

not familiar with Naomi Scott but she killed it to the point i wanted her to win and beat this at the end

Cons/nitpick
They got REAL flimsy on the rules of this entity, I mean this movie could've only ended one way but everything leading up to it up to a certain point didn't actually happen?

I wonder once the suicide happens are you stuck in place and can't leave before it happens? Because dude smashed his head in 3 times but he wasn't dead after the first one. Could she have got up and ran before it finished?
She could have got up and left, but typically someone watching their peer repeatedly bash their head in with a weight would be in a state of shock and too shook to move. Processing the absurdity of such situation.
Another question I wonder is what happens if you shoot that person RIGHT before they kill themsevles? Can the curse still affect you?

Or what about if you hold up a mirror and close your eyes right when the person commits that and leave the room without looking at the body?

Or what happens if the Smile demon attaches itself to someone who is a psychopath and already has a fukked up mind and welcomes the madness? On some Joker shyt?

Idk this concept been spinning in my head since I left the movie :russ:

There are sooo many directions they can go with the 3rd movie.

Ol girl initially turned away from him when he was dead, we didn't get the slow zoom in (like the monster infecting girl from the first movie) until she looked back and stared at the dead body.

So I'm assuming you gotta be present and dwell on what is happening. If you run out the room, or interrupt it, or otherwise avoid it/the aftermath you should be fine.

As far as if you're just a :unimpressed: individual and/or don't get traumatized easily, I don't think the monster can mess with you.

Fred.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm supposed to go see this Saturday, am I going to be disappointed?:patrice:
I can’t say since I’m not you, but I had a really fun time with it. Mean-spirited, yet way more accessible than a property like Terrifier. Should be the standard for modern, big studio-based horror over something half-assed ala ‘The Exorcist: Believer’.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Ol girl initially turned away from him when he was dead, we didn't get the slow zoom in (like the monster infecting girl from the first movie) until she looked back and stared at the dead body.

So I'm assuming you gotta be present and dwell on what is happening. If you run out the room, or interrupt it, or otherwise avoid it/the aftermath you should be fine.

As far as if you're just a :unimpressed: individual and/or don't get traumatized easily, I don't think the monster can mess with you.

Fred.
Ngl, this just makes me wish we saw more of Kyle Gallner’s character. He actually managed to pass it off. I wish they dropped a series of shorts in the lead-up to this where we see him smartly fighting off the demon, but still slowly eating away at his sanity.

Sosie and Naomi put on amazing performances, but their characters are not the brightest bunch.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ngl, this just makes me wish we saw more of Kyle Gallner’s character. He actually managed to pass it off. I wish they dropped a series of shorts in the lead-up to this where we see him smartly fighting off the demon, but still slowly eating away at his sanity.

Sosie and Naomi put on amazing performances, but their characters are not the brightest bunch.

To be fair the girl from the first movie (and Skye) were just dropped into the situation with no knowledge. Dude from last movie at least had an idea of what was going to happen, because of seeing her deal with it in 1. So he had an advantage.

Fred.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I can’t say since I’m not you, but I had a really fun time with it. Mean-spirited, yet way more accessible than a property like Terrifier. Should be the standard for modern, big studio-based horror over something half-assed ala ‘The Exorcist: Believer’.
Shiit that's all I needed to know. Aside from the bum ass Colts, you're a good judge of things. :mjgrin:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On my 2nd viewing

Junkie Skye and rebranded Skye look like 2 totally different people lol

Favorite line:

Skye: I need to get to Staten Island

Gemma: Ew :scust: gross why?

I might be reaching on this but it was kinda apparent that her friend wasn’t there from the jump. When she spent the night and her mom came there, the friend said wassup to the mom but there was never any actual interaction between them.

Louis had me looking in the dark corners throughout the movie to see if it was lurking/smiling