Smile 2 - Official Teaser Trailer (2024) Naomi Scott, Rosemarie DeWitt

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all think the demon will have infected the whole crowd, or would it only be able to do one person at a time? The former would take the sequel to a whole different place. Apocalyptic shyt

Sounds like the director wants each movie to go somewhere the previous one didnt so thats the next logical step i believe or else the demon wouldnt have done it at that moment. Thats shows that the entity is aware of the world its in and how celebrities are worshipped which is why during that meet and greet u saw the girl saying “u got me through some tough times” etc. she is like an Amy Whinehouse type of pop star so all of her fans have trauma since they relate to the drug abuse.

I want to rewatch and see if there are any signs of when she was in control and when she wasnt because her spiral down seemed like it was before meeting homeboy who said its day 3 already

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea they definitely need to switch up the formula from here. This one gives me confidence that he’ll have another idea that justifies continuing the franchise, and not just putting out the same movie to make more money. Obviously the ending alone gives a direct avenue.

Assuming this does as well as it should, and he gets another budget bump, he can really get crazy with it

Budget for 2 was $28 mill and it made $48 mill in less than a week.

It's a smash hit like the first one.

Fred.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That guy laying out how it works and explaining that shes being hunted it by it, while actually being the demon, wouldnt make sense imo

i think that did happen but like he said if we dont do it tonight it will be too late. Then the demon uses that to further take control. That was some terrifying hopeless shyt. Nothing scarier than the demon winning

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like the director wants each movie to go somewhere the previous one didnt so thats the next logical step i believe or else the demon wouldnt have done it at that moment. Thats shows that the entity is aware of the world its in and how celebrities are worshipped which is why during that meet and greet u saw the girl saying “u got me through some tough times” etc. she is like an Amy Whinehouse type of pop star so all of her fans have trauma since they relate to the drug abuse.

I want to rewatch and see if there are any signs of when she was in control and when she wasnt because her spiral down seemed like it was before meeting homeboy who said its day 3 already

This is another reason why I'm curious how much of the movie was real because as she was crashing out I was thinking the monster is stupid because it's ending her chances at at the concert, which would be it's best chance to spread.

Then she just shows up at the concert anyway so I was like :dahell:

Fred.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My biggest question is

Why tf didn’t Joel have a better exit strategy than sitting there after he stabbed bruh waiting on a shootout :gucci: nikka run away immediately if blowing dude’s head off in the first place wasn’t gonna be violent enough :mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is another reason why I'm curious how much of the movie was real because as she was crashing out I was thinking the monster is stupid because it's ending her chances at at the concert, which would be it's best chance to spread.

Fred.

I think the idea they were tryna portray (whether or not it was successful) was there was too much and too many other ppl depending on her going through with it to be able to back out. Basically her career was over if she didn’t follow through with the concert. As we all been saying assuming any of it was real :russ: I’m between either it being an aggressive possession where she was cooked from the beginning, which wouldn’t follow what they established in 1, medium where she was cooked after the bar scene, or conservative where she was cooked after the dancer scene, since we know the retreat or whatever was fake.

Or maybe her being so fukked up in the head already, as opposed to the girl in the OG made it easier for the entity to get to her earlier.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My biggest question is

Why tf didn’t Joel have a better exit strategy than sitting there after he stabbed bruh waiting on a shootout :gucci: nikka run away immediately if blowing dude’s head off in the first place wasn’t gonna be violent enough :mjlol:

I think the idea they were tryna portray (whether or not it was successful) was there was too much and too many other ppl depending on her going through with it to be able to back out. Basically her career was over if she didn’t follow through with the concert. As we all been saying assuming any of it was real :russ: I’m between either it being an aggressive possession where she was cooked from the beginning, which wouldn’t follow what they established in 1, medium where she was cooked after the bar scene, or conservative where she was cooked after the dancer scene, since we know the retreat or whatever was fake.

Or maybe her being so fukked up in the head already, as opposed to the girl in the OG made it easier for the entity to get to her earlier.

I think he was waiting to see if it took hold. I don't know if he was waiting on a feeling, or visual cue, or what. Regardless he waited too long because dude had time to shoot him.

As far as the 2nd post....we know she didn't kill her mom and we know she didn't pull the strap out in broad day light. So like someone said, most likely it was after they invaded her room. Because didn't she wake up in the hospital after that?

Fred.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

im guessing this creature is just like pennywise where it feeds off of the dread and feeling of hopelessness from its victims thats why it used her best friend and moms against 1st before the final trick with the dr saying if it didnt work to just kill her so it wont survive

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think he was waiting to see if it took hold. I don't know if he was waiting on a feeling, or visual cue, or what. Regardless he waited too long because dude had time to shoot him.

As far as the 2nd post....we know she didn't kill her mom and we know she didn't pull the strap out in broad day light. So like someone said, most likely it was after they invaded her room. Because didn't she wake up in the hospital after that?

Fred.
Yea that’s the only point that is 100% confirmed illusion

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

That’s another reason why I want to re-watch the movie because I’m sure they are clues planted all over the film that let you know where it’s going.

I might go re-watch it this weekend. Never did that for a horror movie before :wow:

I actually talked to someone who went to a test screening and they let me know they changed the ending up a bit. Originally when she gave herself the shot she just passed out with the demon screaming in pain while she was fading out.

She then woke up on stage in front of the packed arena and she then realized the smile demon tricked her.

Also…the mom was suppose to stay dead. But when the test audience gave them feedback they hated how she killed her mom. And they were confused about the ending cause they didn’t know if it was real or not.

So they went back, did reshoots, and made it more clear for the theatrical ending. They also brought back the mom and felt it would have been more impactful if the demon fully tricked her..

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Movie was dope but....

If you read earlier in the thread, I called the last scene before it even came out, back in June. :mjlol:

I don't hold it against the movie but it was kinda obvious how it would end, given the monster infected a celebrity.

The only major issue I have is, we don't know how much of the movie actually happened. The whole middle section was obviously a fake out....did dude who tried to help her even exist? If he did, where did he go?

Even then it's more curiosity than a complaint.

It's possible someone already explained/figured out what I said, but I just got out like 20 minutes ago so this is just my initial reaction.

Fred.
Bro was that you? I literally was watching this shyt like..."I could've sworn I read that this shyt was gonna happen on The Coli a few months ago :gucci:"

:mjlol:

Also Joel

Interesting to see how he seemed to have agency over everything that was happening. He knew he was infected but he demon wasn't able to feed off of him like other people. He would've been cured from it too if he didn't get hit by the truck :francis:

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Took my friends to see it and they loved jt

As my second watch I still say this my scary movie of the year

And you’ll catch so much shyt when you rewatch

So many questions itt is actually answered in the movie

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the first one better even tho I tho it was a bite off that Denzel movie..the 2nd one felt like the story was lazy and rushed to me..this movie needed more killing I feel

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I liked the first one better even tho I tho it was a bite off that Denzel movie..the 2nd one felt like the story was lazy and rushed to me..this movie needed more killing I feel
Smile isn’t a rip off from a Denzel movie

Smile is actually inspired from a short film called Laura hasn’t slept yet. It features the chick who kills herself at the beginning in Smile 1.