Smile 2 - Official Teaser Trailer (2024) Naomi Scott, Rosemarie DeWitt

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
On par with the first, this descent into madness was far more frantic than the first.

Pros
Making her a former junkie adds another layer of reason for why people are skeptical of anything she says/does.

jump scares, they got me to jump like 3 times

not familiar with Naomi Scott but she killed it to the point i wanted her to win and beat this at the end

Cons/nitpick
They got REAL flimsy on the rules of this entity, I mean this movie could've only ended one way but everything leading up to it up to a certain point didn't actually happen?

I wonder once the suicide happens are you stuck in place and can't leave before it happens? Because dude smashed his head in 3 times but he wasn't dead after the first one. Could she have got up and ran before it finished?
She could have got up and left, but typically someone watching their peer repeatedly bash their head in with a weight would be in a state of shock and too shook to move. Processing the absurdity of such situation.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
She could have got up and left, but typically someone watching their peer repeatedly bash their head in with a weight would be in a state of shock and too shook to move. Processing the absurdity of such situation.
Another question I wonder is what happens if you shoot that person RIGHT before they kill themsevles? Can the curse still affect you?

Or what about if you hold up a mirror and close your eyes right when the person commits that and leave the room without looking at the body?

Or what happens if the Smile demon attaches itself to someone who is a psychopath and already has a fukked up mind and welcomes the madness? On some Joker shyt?

Idk this concept been spinning in my head since I left the movie :russ:

There are sooo many directions they can go with the 3rd movie.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another question I wonder is what happens if you shoot that person RIGHT before they kill themsevles? Can the curse still affect you?

Or what about if you hold up a mirror and close your eyes right when the person commits that and leave the room without looking at the body?

Or what happens if the Smile demon attaches itself to someone who is a psychopath and already has a fukked up mind and welcomes the madness? On some Joker shyt?

Idk this concept been spinning in my head since I left the movie :russ:

There are sooo many directions they can go with the 3rd movie.
for the 3rd movie, all them girls had their phone out. I can see them taking the streamer/live stream route in some capacity

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Good movie. The fact we still don’t have a solid footing on the possession is interesting. Hopefully they can flesh it out in the 3rd or 4th movie… forgot about how the first one ended.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
for the 3rd movie, all them girls had their phone out. I can see them taking the streamer/live stream route in some capacity
Then it will turn into a pandemic. And that will be a slippy slope…cause you’ll be risking jumping the shark.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
HOLY shyt. this movie was fukking amazing. I didn't have Smile 2 on my horror of the year bingo card at all!. Better than Longlegs, Oddity, Substance all that shyt! Old girl was looking like a nice and built Camila Cabello, she totally transformed for this role! oscars.. she might need to have that conversation! shyt just kept escalating!

That fukking one HEADlights scare had me in the theatre looking like Kanye!!

kanye-west-smile.gif

IDGAF if a little white girl comes up to me smiling during a meet and greet like that, all further greets are cancelled and refunded from that point forward!!

By the end of the movie im holding onto my seat like its a ride at Six Flags! They fukking spazzed on this one! 5 out of 5 dawg can't wait to see it again!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Everything before she met with the guy at the bar had to have happened, her hallucinating the exact way the demon works would make no sense, she had no knowledge of it.
I thought she was being toyed with by the demon leading up to the bar encounter and run back home, but was still somewhat based in reality.

Seemed like she fully lost control from the point those demon dancers bombarded her apartment. Everything after that was a delusion while her body was possessed and preparing for the grand finale concert.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
She reminds me of James Franco.

This movie does a great job of blurring reality and delusion… so it’s like was the last 30min even real?

• Dap
Reactions: hex