Smile 2 - Official Teaser Trailer (2024) Naomi Scott, Rosemarie DeWitt

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Would be disappointed if it ends any other way unless they surprise me with another finale that works. Just go nuts with it.

I could see Parker bowing out as director after this and going the way of someone like James Wan, producing further spin-offs. Because let’s be real, there’s no way Paramount is hanging this franchise up any time soon.

The 1st movie made 217.4M off a 17M budget. That's kinda crazy for an R rated horror movie that's not in a franchise. They're gonna SAW/Conjuring the shyt outta this franchise.

I do appreciate the marketing they did for the 1st one. I think others studios took notice Longlegs, and M3GAN are other horror movies that are doing the viral marketing.

I'll watch it because a popstar being the lead character in a horror movie is different enough for me. Kinda like TRAP, but its putting you in the performer's point of view. I also think Naomi Scott was the highlight of the Power Ranger's reboot.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The guy from the end of the 1st movie is in the trailer.

As far as the plot, the guess is:

Creature is trying to infect a celebrity so when they die in front of their millions of fans, more people are infected.[/spoiler]

Fred.
Guarantee that stage scene leads into that and that's how it ends :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Past couple yrs I went back to not looking at anything else (previews, trailers, etc) once I know I’m watching. Managed to walk into the theater for Longlegs completely blind.

Definitely in on this one day 1

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

They don't spoil anything per se but the whole point of the movie is made obvious by who the demon is going after. Which was part of the viral marketing for this movie.

Fred.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say yes.

Actually I'd avoid all promotional material for 2 as it gives away a major plot point.

Fred.

Glad I didn’t peep the trailer. I was going to click just to see when it comes out.

• Dap
Reactions: hex