Smile 2 - Official Teaser Trailer (2024) Naomi Scott, Rosemarie DeWitt

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bout to see this tonight. Critics saying it’s one of the best horror movie sequels in a while..

Bout to see this tonight..

5SVhosR.png

Fred.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SPOILERSSS

Movie was good and felt different enough from the 1st with the popstar angle. They didn't really explain well why the save attempt didn't work though. That was the only negative

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This was about on the same level as the first one. Except this time it’s on a grander scale. Naomi Scott did an excellent job and quite honestly she deserves an Oscar nomination. She absolutely killed this role.

Just like last time, the jump scares are there. But like I said before, it’s on a bigger scale. I’m not gonna hold y’all, even I jumped a few times. This was a mind fukk as well and it got to a point where the movie itself became an unreliable narrator. Which was by design.

When it was revealed that the BFF wasn’t real the whole time and i realized that the Smile demon was an A1 demonic :troll: I went

200w.gif

The camera work on here was pretty unique too and it kept you glued to the screen. The soundtrack as well..

The close ups were unsettling. Especially the POV shot of that memory of rhe car crash.

I lowkey saw the ending coming and I lowkey almost cheered in the theater because it opens the doors for “Smile 3.” Quite honestly there are SOOO many directions they can go.

Her killing herself in front of that full arena opens the door on SOOO many directions they can go with the 3rd installment.

What if a fan was live streaming on their phone and posted the clip on social media? Will the person who watched it be cursed on some “Ring” shyt?

It was opening night of the tour so celebrities and possibly politicians could have been there too.

They don’t even need to do a 3rd movie. They could dead ass make an anthology series.

Technically with ALL those fans in the arena the curse basically became a pandemic.

:lupe:

Slippy slope tho cuz then they can risk fully jumping the shark.

Other than that. I like this…now I have the urge to go drink Voss water.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Really enjoyed this. Felt like a rehash of the first on a bigger scale, even down to what’s supposed to be the film’s signature jumpscare, but still one of the better horror sequels out there. Something about seeing a pop star spiraling just kinda does it for me. Parker, Naomi, and Cristobal are everything. Take one of them out of the equation and this film might end up looking shaky.

Skye Riley >>> Lady Raven

The ending was predictable, yet I’d be disappointed if it ended any other way. Just a completely wild ass scenario and I wanna dap up the crew for still going through with it anyways. The needle drop during the credits was some haunting ass shyt. :merchant:

Jumping on the SMIL3 hype train, just hope it’s Finn who ends up directing it and nobody else. No clue why homie is touching on the classic ‘Possession’, but I will be there for that too.

Pros:

-Sosie in the first flick was a tough act for anyone to follow, but Naomi Scott killed that shyt.

-The soundscapes from Cristobal are still on point, arguably a step up from the first, and will continue to haunt my dreams.

-The single shot opener. :whew: The decision to kick it off with Gallner’s death sets the tone nicely, but I also hated seeing homie go. Dude is such a good fukkin’ actor.

Cons:

-Thought the first film did a better job building up to its jumpscares.

-This isn’t really a complaint, but the product placement for Voss went fukkin’ crazy. :mindblown:

-If this was a videogame, there would be plenty posts on how overpowered this demon is. :dead: Another fakeout to gaslight yo dumbass into insanity. Oh, you thought you got rid of me? Sike.

umad.gif

-As much as I dug seeing Skye’s descent into madness, something bothers me about a whole ass hour and a half worths of the story not actually happening.:patrice:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything before she met with the guy at the bar had to have happened, her hallucinating the exact way the demon works would make no sense, she had no knowledge of it.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On par with the first, this descent into madness was far more frantic than the first.

Pros
Making her a former junkie adds another layer of reason for why people are skeptical of anything she says/does.

jump scares, they got me to jump like 3 times

not familiar with Naomi Scott but she killed it to the point i wanted her to win and beat this at the end

Cons/nitpick
They got REAL flimsy on the rules of this entity, I mean this movie could've only ended one way but everything leading up to it up to a certain point didn't actually happen?

I wonder once the suicide happens are you stuck in place and can't leave before it happens? Because dude smashed his head in 3 times but he wasn't dead after the first one. Could she have got up and ran before it finished?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tryna catch matinee this wkend but mfs keep making plans :mjcry: probably gonna have to miss some NFL cuz I’m seeing it this wkend and ain’t paying prime time price.

Not many movies get me to the theater anymore on my own terms, but Ifw the OG heavy, and the reviews I saw said this one is even better