Smh at Biden saying he was gonna have a black running mate only to pick a technicality black person

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
In my experience, only straight up weirdos are all into politics. This is a chat board, and I like hearing different opinions other than the normal mental gymnastics of people who support this party or that party no mateer what.
I don't because most people don't know what they're talking about. Just like this thread, Biden never said he was going to have a black running mate.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I don't because most people don't know what they're talking about. Just like this thread, Biden never said he was going to have a black running mate.
He didn't say it, but he does have a lineup of nothing but black candidates. It's almost like he wanted Michelle, but she's not interested. So he's looking for the Walmart brand Michelle.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
Kamala can do more as a Senator than a VP.

But if she's the pick, I'm fine with it.
ExDOlHg.png

But you have to factor in that the replacement for Warren's seat will be appointed by a Republican governor while Kamala's will be a democrat. So kinda not really if dems can flip some Senate seats

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
He was a staff guy on Air Force One. Glorified flight attendant. And his statement was mixed in with a general anti-Democrat narrative which didn't exactly make him look like a reliable witness. He couldn't even name the two governors who he claimed LBJ made the statement to.

Ok, but no name? Perhaps that info is hidden somewhere. I will look it up when my time suits it.

I'm saying that it wouldn't make sense for LBJ to say it. The Democrats dominated the South back then, and the South was controlled by racist Whites. Most Black votes were in the South, and they were the minority in every state. Why would the Democrats fukk over their base, and lose their Southern dominance, just to win a voting block that couldn't do shyt for them for the most part cause they were in the minority?

Why did they gerrymander the Black population to begin with? Blacks make up relatively larger base in Southern States.

You gotta explain how that tradeoff would possibly help the Democrats. It cost them the South. So what did the Black votes win them that was better than the South?

The infiltration of the confederacy I guess, with the gaol to move their base? During those days there was a rise in anti-Blackness and deep hatred for Blacks. We see this trending in every Reconstruction. Meaning, during the first Reconstruction, second Reconstruction and now third Reconstruction era. There is a pattern.

1587da504a6541628ca6afe49c618bdde97b2357-800x1030.jpg

Business Insider

You're proving my point - the Republicans employed the Southern Strategy because it was a WINNING strategy. Lee Atwater was Reagan's adviser. They were perfectly winning to throw away a measly 10% of the electorate in the Black vote, in order to win the 30-40% of the electorate that was racist Whites.

If that is how you experience things, like proving you a point, so be it. However, what I am showing is that Party Realignment was played from both sides. Why? because the Confederacy had infiltrated both parties, and ever since controlled both parties. It was the KKK-confederacy that infiltrated in the Republican Party.

Party Realignment And The New Deal | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Since I have "proven your point", elaborated on what Dems have done for Black America since Black shifted from Republican to Democrat? Why is it Dems are so hypervigilant over Reparations and always have been ever since the Reconstruction era? They do everything and anything to not address this.

If the Republicans openly made that tradeoff, why would the Democrats do the opposite? Why would they purposely aim for the short end of the stick?

You tell me. I am not with either party. I think that you put too much trust in a party that has proven not to do a lot for the Black community. You want to make this into a Rep vs Dem battle, while both parties have done wrong and harm the Black America. And that is the bigger picture of things.

I am off to the gym, later.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Nope, Warren and Duckworth are on the list as well.
And neither one of them are going to be picked. They are token candidates. Warren is getting passed over cause she holds a senate seat under a GOP governor. Duckworth (who I really liked) had to be mentioned because of the Tucker Carlson crap.You aren't any smarter or more informed than anybody else on this board, so stop fronting.