Smh at Biden saying he was gonna have a black running mate only to pick a technicality black person

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Kamala would be a terrible choice. She's already shown that's she's awkward around black folks (peep that Breakfast Club interview). I'm not sure she'd help him turn out blacks. She's not Latina, so no help there. Technically she's Indian, but she's dark and West Indian.....so East Indians aren't really trying to listen to her....they think she's black.

She's an outspoken, west coast Lib, so she isn't really going to connect with the union/working class types in the midwest. Biden has that on lock. Obama was raised by those kinds of whites, which is why he actually had some success at pulling them.

I think she should DEFINITELY be the Attorney General or have some kind of cabinet spot but Biden needs someone that's going to balance his ticket.

She's a great prosecutor but in the debates, she really didn't fare that well because her ideology was too fluid.
I feel the same way. She brings nothing to the table. Plus people keep going on and on about how she's this fiery woman who's gonna tear Mike Pence up in the debates. I went back and checked her debate performance out and she got bodied. She was trying so hard to call Biden racist, and this other lady came through and was like what about all these black people you've thrown in jail for smoking marijuana. She looked like a jobber out there. Like the not so white - Hillary.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Susan Rice and Kamala are both trash to me
But If Obama was black then they are black too :yeshrug:
I hate that Biden even promised that shyt cause wasn't any chance a "real one" would get that spot. Getting a symbolic Black that may/may not even align with black issues is serving no one really.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I’ll take Elizabeth Warren over kamala, especially with her talking points on student loans
This should have been the pick from the beginning, but they had to get all fancy. Biden is closing in on 80. He should pick the person who's best able to run the country. If it judt has to be a woman then it should be Warren.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I went back and checked her debate performance out and she got bodied. .

yea she had two moments that made the crowd go ohhhhh in like the first debate and was absolutely trash after that. Got bodied in the polls (including in the black demo) after that. She going get the "Clybourn democrats" who will blindly be swayed by anyone black but that's about it

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Ehhh, I'm not a fan of saying someone biracial isn't Black. I think you have to look at the complete picture with them. I say that because most of the biracial folks I grew up with and knew throughout the years, self identified as Black and ended up in relationships with fully Black partners. A lot of that is logistics though. I imagine the opposite is true in suburban and rural areas.

Regarding Kamala, she's a pretender to me. Might have been born in Oakland, but spent her formative years in Canada with her Indian mother. Came back to the States and went to what college, Morehouse I think? I'm under the impression she probably did a LOT of overcompensating while there in an attempt to fit in, or should I say....blend in. I say that because of how her life turned out later down the line. I don't have a problem with anyone having a white white or husband, but when I look at the complete picture of them, I might :jbhmm: White husband, mostly white friends, slept with a popular Black mayor for career advancement, smashing pork chops for publicity, speaking with a so called Black accent when convenient, claiming to listen to Pac while in college when his debut didn't drop until several years after she graduated, District Attorney with a reputation as being overly hard on a vulnerable community and lenient towards police misconduct, etc..

Oh, and she's a politician. My spidey senses go haywire when it comes to her.

17134246-7344731-image-a-41_1565467616560.jpg

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Susan Rice and Kamala are both trash to me
But If Obama was black then they are black too :yeshrug:
I hate that Biden even promised that shyt cause wasn't any chance a "real one" would get that spot. Getting a symbolic Black that may/may not even align with black issues is serving no one really.
Yeah he was pandering like a mafukka when he made that promise. Terrible idea and it is backfiring on him now.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I personally hope it's Warren. Her and Biden together would completely unite the Democratic party.

Only he would have to hear complaints from niccas all throughout his presidency about how "he should have picked a black woman".

But no matter what he does, folks gonna hate. Damned if he do damned if he don't. :yeshrug:

I'd rather it be Warren too. I STRONGLY dislike Kamala, and Biden would have a better shot with Warren. Black People DO NOT fukk with Kamala at all.

I'm not voting regardless, but this is a silly choice if you want Trump out of office.

King Poetic

The D.O.G. (Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
This should have been the pick from the beginning, but they had to get all fancy. Biden is closing in on 80. He should pick the person who's best able to run the country. If it judt has to be a woman then it should be Warren.

exactly... them Stacey abrams or bottoms have no idea once they enter the White House on how to handle shyt like Warren has been doing for years....

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I assumed that, that's why I asked about the 1995 statement? Who was this guy, was he revealed?
He was a staff guy on Air Force One. Glorified flight attendant. And his statement was mixed in with a general anti-Democrat narrative which didn't exactly make him look like a reliable witness. He couldn't even name the two governors who he claimed LBJ made the statement to.

Why wouldn't it make sense? "Some" whites come to "senses" on their death bed and start revealing things in hopes they can reach the "pearly gates".
I'm saying that it wouldn't make sense for LBJ to say it. The Democrats dominated the South back then, and the South was controlled by racist Whites. Most Black votes were in the South, and they were the minority in every state. Why would the Democrats fukk over their base, and lose their Southern dominance, just to win a voting block that couldn't do shyt for them for the most part cause they were in the minority?

You gotta explain how that tradeoff would possibly help the Democrats. It cost them the South. So what did the Black votes win them that was better than the South?

Anyway, here is another one:

Exclusive: Lee Atwater’s Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy

“You start out in 1954 by saying, “******, ******, ******.” By 1968 you can’t say “******”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “******, ******.”
Exclusive: Lee Atwater’s Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy
You're proving my point - the Republicans employed the Southern Strategy because it was a WINNING strategy. Lee Atwater was Reagan's adviser. They were perfectly winning to throw away a measly 10% of the electorate in the Black vote, in order to win the 30-40% of the electorate that was racist Whites.

If the Republicans openly made that tradeoff, why would the Democrats do the opposite? Why would they purposely aim for the short end of the stick?

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
the smart pick would be warren. anything else is just some checkbox bullshyt and frankly hella insulting. im from cali so i voted for kamala over the white dude running for ag just off GP. she a ladder climber more so than worried about how best to help minorities. a lot of nikkas dont realize how racist cali can be, shyt can be like the arkansas of the west in some of these liberal cities. democrats are dumb as rocks so im sure she is gonna get the nod which if biden wins, 4 years from now this hoe gonna think she got the keys to the house next smh. if trump wins im working overtime on finessing my way into dual citizenship anywhere that will let me :francis:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Honestly I prefer Elizabeth Warren as VP based on her platform (she support reparations); Kamala can do more as a Senator than a VP.

But if she's the pick, I'm fine with it.
ExDOlHg.png

Why would the Democrats fukk over their base, and lose their Southern dominance, just to win a voting block that couldn't do shyt for them for the most part cause they were in the minority?

You gotta explain how that tradeoff would possibly help the Democrats. It cost them the South. So what did the Black votes win them that was better than the South?

These are damn good questions. Going forward, they should be the default response to the "dEMoCrAtS sUpPoRtEd SlAvErY aNd ThE kKk" talking points.