Smh at Biden saying he was gonna have a black running mate only to pick a technicality black person

Daps
who is y’all?

is it too much to ask that spots DESIGNATED FOR BLACKS go to black people who have 2 black parents or at the very least a biracial person with a black partner? Seriously, is that too much to ask?

Since when is the VP position a "spot designated for blacks"

:deadmanny:

Do yall read your posts before pressing the post reply button?

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
This is not true. Massachusetts law says that the governor can only temporarily fill the open senate seat, there would be a special election for the permanent replacement. And the Democrats have a supermajority in the state legislature, so if they want they can even pass a law requiring the governor to replace Warren with someone from the same party:

Elizabeth Warren’s Path to Becoming VP Is Easier Than It Looks
:jbhmm: didn't know that. I think if he was gonna pick Warren, he would have done it by now. Saving such an obvious choice until the last minute seems like you'll just be setting yourself up for back lash. And it makes all the other women he was considering look weaker.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Since when is the VP position a "spot designated for blacks"

:deadmanny:

Do yall read your posts before pressing the post reply button?

Y’all are being obtuse as shyt, prolly because of ulterior motives :sas2:

If they’re marketing her as a black woman then it’s the same exact thing

and this goes beyond politics and kamala. If you’re gonna do something and say it’s for “black people”, the beneficiaries need to be actual legitimate black people

Geordi

All Star
Daps
Tia is black.
Tamara is mixed.

That's how i see it.

Also as a dude who has a mixed daughter with an Indian woman. Genetics play a part.
Indians despite being colonized are generally in the 90% range racially Indian.
African Americans are usually in the 70% to 80% range sub saharan african.
So any children a black person and a Indian person have together is technically going to be mostly Indian genetically.
But how they identify is important too. The only reliable way i've found to determine what a mixed person trully idenfies as is by who they choose to procreate with. Hence Tia, black, Tamara mixed. Obama Black, Kamala mixed.
So being black is how 'hood' you are?

Daps
Y’all are being obtuse as shyt, prolly because of ulterior motives :sas2:

If they’re marketing her as a black woman then it’s the same exact thing

No you are being obtuse probably because of ulterior motives

I have all my cards on the table. I said I want Trump gone by any means necessary.

Biden could pick your or my mother to be VP and I would go :ohhh: for 20 seconds and then be like :yeshrug: anyone but Trump.

I question the motives of all of you who start these Biden bashing threads and never can find time to make threads about the constant foolishness and criminal behavior of Trump

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ok, but no name? Perhaps that info is hidden somewhere. I will look it up when my time suits it.
Ronald M. MacMillan

Why did they gerrymander the Black population to begin with? Blacks make up relatively larger base in Southern States.
Gerrymandering the Black vote increases the conservative majority in the state legislatures. The conservative fear is that Black voters will band together with liberal/moderate Whites and form a majority. It also limits how many Black reps get sent to the U.S. Senate/House.

But the racist whites will outnumber the Black voters whether the Black voters are gerrymandered or not.

Since I have "proven your point", elaborated on what Dems have done for Black America since Black shifted from Republican to Democrat?
Equal Employment Opportunity Act (allowing EEOC to sue in cases of employment discrimination), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (banning racial discrimination by creditors), Community Reinvestment Act (partially banning redlining), Civil Rights Act of 1982 (improved federal enforcement of civil rights laws), Civil Rights Act of 1990 (made it easier for victims of hate crimes and discrimination to sue their abusers in court, vetoed by Bush), Civil Rights Act of 1991 (gave the right to jury by trial in employment discrimination lawsuits), increased the penalties for hate crimes, made hate crimes easier to prosecute, Emmitt Till Act (reopened old civil rights cases), and $2.25 billion in reparations for Black farmers who were discriminated against by the Department of Agriculture.

They've also continued to aggressively defend Affirmative Action and Voting Rights in court while Republicans were trying to tear them down. You can also argue that efforts to improve education, health care, food stamps, earned income tax credit, etc. have disproportionately helped Black Americans.

It's a pretty shytty list. I ain't gonna cape for the Democratic party, I hate them. I'm not a Democrat myself. But they haven't had to do all that much. Because the Republicans have actively pushed Black folk away in favor of racist Whites.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No you are being obtuse probably because of ulterior motives

I have all my cards on the table. I said I want Trump gone by any means necessary.

Biden could pick your or my mother to be VP and I would go :ohhh: for 20 seconds and then be like :yeshrug: anyone but Trump.

I question the motives of all of you who start these Biden bashing threads and never can find time to make threads about the constant foolishness and criminal behavior of Trump

Run a search of my name and trump. I hate that clown

where did I bash Biden? I just said give us a legitimate black person.

I halfway agree with Biden

If you're a black Trump supporter then you're an idiot

Doesn't mean you have to support Biden though

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
who is y’all?

is it too much to ask that spots DESIGNATED FOR BLACKS go to black people who have 2 black parents or at the very least a biracial person with a black partner? Seriously, is that too much to ask?
He never said he was picking a black woman VP. The entire premise is flawed.

Besides, there's plenty to bag kamala for based on her time in Cali.

Going with, she ain't 100% black has to be the worst attack vector. :yeshrug:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He never said he was picking a black woman VP. The entire premise is flawed.

Besides, there's plenty to bag kamala for based on her time in Cali.

Going with, she ain't 100% black has to be the worst attack vector. :yeshrug:

WRONG

if kamala wasn’t passing for black she wouldn’t even be a potential choice

If they’re using her “blackness” as a strategy to attract black voters then that spot should go to a real black person.