Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
One of the issues is a lot of kids have classes for shyt that frankly they should only have a semester or two of (using hs as an example). Like us history and english literature need to just be one damn class and get that shyt out the way after 9th grade, pe needs to be an hour and they need to actually work out during that class instead of having that shyt as a free period. Like in alot of schools there aren't any classes that are interesting or teach important skills. We had an economics class in my school and we focused on taxes the last half of the semester and that shyt was crucial to me, but I got mad cause it was my senior year and I thought that shyt would be much more helpful and eye opening for 9th grade.

Man this is one of the reasons why there are so many Millennial "Adulting" classes out there today. Home economics got tossed to the bushes and a lot of folks don't know how to do basic shyt.:francis:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Man this is one of the reasons why there are so many Millennial "Adulting" classes out there today. Home economics got tossed to the bushes and a lot of folks don't know how to do basic shyt.:francis:
Naw. We don’t care if our students are actual successful, well adjusted human beings. We only care if they cab bubble in answers on a standardized test so that the billionaires at ETS, McGraw-Hill and friends get paid. Fukk learning how to cook or graduating with certifications, financial literacy, science fairs, camping, field trips, project-based learning, experiments, real historical connections. Naw. Can you analyze the tone of Edgar Allen Poe’s depressing ass stanzas and bubble in that answer?:ufdup:

I work in education and I’ll be the first to say...it’s a damn joke. If I had to be a student in the schools THESE kids go to today, I would have been hell on wheels. I don’t blame them kids for acting the fukk out. Before I flipped the fukk out on my administration and started teaching my way, I hated school too and I was the teacher!:bryan:It wasnt even my students. They were actually cool. It was the boring shyt they wanted us to teach and the dumb ways they wanted us to teach it. Just because some pretentious fukk at a university wanted to be billy badass and make a flawed study showing that kids learn better if they hop on one foot, draw a box, and save a golden chocobo when doing long division. Now ALL schools got kids doing all kinds of dumb shyt to do something as simple as solve an equation.:palm:

Kids KNOW that shyt is stupid. KNOW their teachers fear them, hate them, or don’t know what they are doing. And little human beings who need structure, interaction, movement and engagement are stuck in these testing factories for most of their developmental years.

I wish some of ya’ll could see the exact moments right before a student just snaps. “MAN I HATE THIS FUKKING PLACE!”

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
My breh, context.

Of course we were behind, there's no parallel universe were when we were forced here on boats that we wouldn't be behind. That's not really the point, and we need to stop reducing the argument to that because we'll always lose, like a breh just said.

Look, all of this is pie in the sky shyt but the fact of the matter is if we could've possibly been able to continue cultivating our own in a vacuum (and you can argue that we were doing that before segragation) we wouldn't be perpetually stepped on by the damn near infinite ways we've been fukked over now....which also includes poor whites.

I get what your saying, but I truly believe before segregation, our people were on the cusp to figuring out how to live in this land that don't want us breh :mjcry:

Exactly.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw. We don’t care if our students are actual successful, well adjusted human beings. We only care if they cab bubble in answers on a standardized test so that the billionaires at ETS, McGraw-Hill and friends get paid. Fukk learning how to cook or graduating with certifications, financial literacy, science fairs, camping, field trips, project-based learning, experiments, real historical connections. Naw. Can you analyze the tone of Edgar Allen Poe’s depressing ass stanzas and bubble in that answer?:ufdup:

I work in education and I’ll be the first to say...it’s a damn joke. If I had to be a student in the schools THESE kids go to today, I would have been hell on wheels. I don’t blame them kids for acting the fukk out. Before I flipped the fukk out on my administration and started teaching my way, I hated school too and I was the teacher!:bryan:It wasnt even my students. They were actually cool. It was the boring shyt they wanted us to teach and the dumb ways they wanted us to teach it. Just because some pretentious fukk at a university wanted to be billy badass and make a flawed study showing that kids learn better if they hop on one foot, draw a box, and save a golden chocobo when doing long division. Now ALL schools got kids doing all kinds of dumb shyt to do something as simple as solve an equation.:palm:

Kids KNOW that shyt is stupid. KNOW their teachers fear them, hate them, or don’t know what they are doing. And little human beings who need structure, interaction, movement and engagement are stuck in these testing factories for most of their developmental years.

I wish some of ya’ll could see the exact moments right before a student just snaps. “MAN I HATE THIS FUKKING PLACE!”

So true. So very true.. And what's fcked up is they convince black parents that their kids are better off being taught this way.. And some parents go for this shyt..

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Bolded and enlarged cuz its true.

Alotta ya'll put on the kid gloves when it comes to dealing with our own. Nah, we gotta go harder on ourselves because it IS harder for us.
My mom sat on my head all the way through school. My grades were not a result of my own intellect, but rather my parent's (and teacher's) relentlessness.

if not for that push I would have been playing pokemon 10 hours a day at least :snoop:

I took a lot of my parenting cues as far as education from watching how serious Nigerians were with their children.

I’ll always salute y’all for that.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
She definitely wasn't fired and appears to be quite popular with her students.

@valencia_valencia • Instagram photos and videos

looks like shes doing a phd at John Hopkins

54002618_315573272647174_1852209236231871740_n.jpg

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
This is why parents should take a least one hour of their day , and teach their kids something. Read with them , do math with them ...something.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Growing up in a non-black area getting taught by non-black teachers.

Apart of a very small black family with only one person in my life with a small black identity.

I had to learn everything I know about how things are later in life. I really just had to be observant, hide my strength, and bide my time.

I would have been a much more developed individual if I had the opportunity to live and be taught by my own people in a positive environment. I respect strong black role models wherever they exist and have personally mentored a few black kids in college to give what I never received.