Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
That’s cute and all, but I have no reason to believe that speech is going to make them work harder.
Some kids don’t wanna be shyt, half the people I graduated with are bums. Smoke all day, work retail or do instacart , still live with they parents at 23-24 years old ain’t never left the crib:scust:

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Before integration you would go to a school with all black children, black teachers, black staff, black administrators, teaching a curriculum that was tailored to black children.
Is there anything to read about difference in grades and academic achievement between then and now?

I know it's probably hard to compare but I just want some info on it.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
The fact that my teacher is that bad would inspire me to get an education so I get one like her

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Is there anything to read about difference in grades and academic achievement between then and now?

I know it's probably hard to compare but I just want some info on it.

I don’t know, but what I do know is a lot of text books and curriculums from back then are available online, and reading those will show you just how much the American education system in general has deteriorated.

I know that if we were allowed to continue to isolate ourselves and decide what education standards we would hold ourselves to, with proper funding and the supportive communities that we had before white physical and political terrorism and integration, we would probably be on the same level or better off than the immigrant groups coming here kicking all our ass today.

Last edited:

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
I don’t know, but what I do know is a lot of text books and curriculums from back then are available online, and reading those will show you just how much the American education system in general has deteriorated.

I know that if we were allowed to continue to isolate ourselves and decide what education standards we would hold ourselves to, with proper funding and the supportive communities that we had before white terrorism and integration, we would probably be on the same level or better off educationally than the immigrant groups coming here kicking all our ass today.
I definitely agree with all of that.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to say this but you realize how fukked up this society is when you see that the education system is about keeping the America class system the way it is. In other words, they want black people to stay an underclass which is why they stay giving schools which are mostly black populated and which are also in low income communities the worst education and less funding. Its purposely done. Hell, if you arent in the suburbs where you go to a good school or a private school, you're screwed.

How do you counter that? Then you have charter schools which I forgot how it was explained to me but it was fukked up.

Basically we have to save ourselves. Many people realize this and they get it where some people dont. Unfortunately, they make it out where they make sure that the collective doesn't succeed or isnt educated enough to be able to form an economic class that can support itself and needs to rely on the government for assistance, jobs, or hustles. shyt is fukked up. In other words, folks gotta be willing to build their own and that has to come from an interest from the community. Obviously theres gonna be people that get in the way but folks gotta build their own community instead of letting someone else build one for them because it's not gonna be their shyt if thats the case.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Eh....

This is just my personal experience but I went to schools that were literally 90-99% black. Central, Westport and Paseo in Kansas City, Missouri.

The state threw money at the school district to attract white students. Mind you, I'm white, but was already there because I lived in the hood. The white people they were trying to attract were out in the 'burbs.

Anyway, the schools were terrible. Some (like the old Paseo on 19th and Summit) were literally falling apart. They got renovated and/or new facilities were built solely to lure white kids in.

So it's kind of a catch-22 because if the school is all black then the state most likely ain't gonna give it the resources it needs. The only way they will, is with the promise of white students.

Which is fukked up, but I literally seen this first hand.

Fred.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Life Skills- Financial literacy/credit and life skills such as home buying and taxes are not taught which would equip students with the tools needed to break generational curses

They do, but only to the "high" achieving students.

They were called "Gifted" back in my elementary school (yea, kids were learning finances at 4th-5th grade) but they didn't extend that class to everyone.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
p*ssyfication of the World unfortunately. shyt needs to be said more often. I hate that when a child graduates from High School and they don't want to go to college we say "school ain't for everybody" but when a child is in High School and steady fukking up they want to put them in a different school or some shyt.

Gotdamn rule makers need to realize that right now we need wood shop, home economics, mechanic classes etc. back in schools especially our inner city schools because it would give the children who could give two fukks about their abc's and 123's something to want to come to school for.

I knew folks who would only show up to certain classes because they enjoyed them or the teacher spoke to them like a human being.

Goes a long way.

It’s also sad that your brain automatically associates hearing a European American dialect with proper decorum and professionalism, but a black woman has to conform to their standard of speaking in order to be perceived as professional and proper, despite all other aspects of her appearance and behavior being the same.

It’s not your fault.

Just another reason we need to get back to educating our own.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/talking-black-in-america-documentary.832154/

:wow:

This is one of those racial "blind" spots that I think some folks don't recognize as being a part of the European Conditioning.

You have to first admit that just because someone speaks a certain way doesn't take or measure their intelligence.

But it takes time, code switching can mess you up mentally.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eh....

This is just my personal experience but I went to schools that were literally 90-99% black. Central, Westport and Paseo in Kansas City, Missouri.

The state threw money at the school district to attract white students. Mind you, I'm white, but was already there because I lived in the hood. The white people they were trying to attract were out in the 'burbs.

Anyway, the schools were terrible. Some (like the old Paseo on 19th and Summit) were literally falling apart. They got renovated and/or new facilities were built solely to lure white kids in.

So it's kind of a catch-22 because if the school is all black then the state most likely ain't gonna give it the resources it needs. The only way they will, is with the promise of white students.

Which is fukked up, but I literally seen this first hand.

Fred.

What year was this?